PDHPE exam was a sick joke (1 Viewer)

em23

em23
HSC
kEEn4sHIRe said:
are you kidding? it wasn't that hard. stop whining.
it was never going to be easy. and no, it wasn't bullshit.
shut up and just be happy you did better than probabably
half the state seeing as you people are keen enough
to make a comment on a post about an exam.
pe is over. learn that fact.
go back to your shanti!!!! dont fucken tell me to shut up!!

rebecca05

HSC
The multi's were ok...couple of tricky ones but on the whole pretty good. I thought the cores were pretty good...especially the lifestyle approach question...I love that one!

HOWEVER...the options for sports med was unbelievably crap, the second question..like what? How can you get 15 marks worth?
My second option: Improving performance, could have done with some improving itself! I blabbed on through part (a) but part (b)...well i'll leave that for you to interpret!

I think i passed the exam on the whole...but only because of setion 1!

The exam was so hard!! Usually i go well in PE (I should its my fave subject) but this time...hmmm!

em23

em23
HSC
rebecca05 said:
The multi's were ok...couple of tricky ones but on the whole pretty good. I thought the cores were pretty good...especially the lifestyle approach question...I love that one!

HOWEVER...the options for sports med was unbelievably crap, the second question..like what? How can you get 15 marks worth?
My second option: Improving performance, could have done with some improving itself! I blabbed on through part (a) but part (b)...well i'll leave that for you to interpret!

I think i passed the exam on the whole...but only because of setion 1!

The exam was so hard!! Usually i go well in PE (I should its my fave subject) but this time...hmmm!

yeh ditto! spot on..

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah NO WAY!!!!

i thought multiple choice was the hardest bit.

complaining? about this exam? on wat basis, you thought it was hard?
diddums, its pd.
biggest mother of a syllabus, and they can pick out the tiniest bit to test you on.
god, at least the legal shmegal kidlets kinda have a basis for their bitch coz 19 marks of it was only in the syllabus in a round-about way.
but whinging coz its hard, but still in the syllabus?
not going to get you anywhere.
especially considering most ppl i talked to at my skool thought it was actually kinda easy. the rest made up stuff for the options, but again... thats pd in a nutshell.

my textbook (pd/h/pe OUTCOMES 2) had shitloads on anything one could ever even think pd was concerned with, so any stuff my teacher didn't cover in detail, the bible did.
also, when you study pd, you know that the test can and will ask anything (coz pd test makers like feeling the full force of karma. sickos i know.) so wouldn't it make sense to endure the most exceedingly boring thing ever and study everything that can be in it, therefore EVERYTHING?
hell it took me six bottles of v drinks but i did it and now i am stoked coz i could actually answer every extended response confidently. oh god im tooting my own horn. i hate people who do that. Im sorry. shoot me now, coz im a preachy retard.

anyway, i thought this exam was the shizit compared to the trial. which may be influenced slightly by the fact that my pd trial was on the same day as english paper 2. yes i would like some cheese with my whine.

toodle-oo xx

rebecca05

HSC
anita_wax said:
sports medicene question b was a fucking joke, wtf 15 marks on that question...

improving peformance was ok, question b i thought i aced that i wrote about/mentioned
- micro/macro cycles
- stength training
- hr
- ^heart size
- co
- sv
- 3 phases of competition
- heamoglobin levels
- flexibility training
- endurance athletes & training
- anaerobic athletes & training

i related it all to how it improves training, i wrote 4 and a half pages for b.
I think you had to write about the syllabus point "Training for skill and improvement" not about strength and haemoglobin levels. I forgot some of the main points and my answer was missing quite a bit but im pretty sure thats what u had to write about.

rebecca05

HSC
clairebear said:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah NO WAY!!!!

i thought multiple choice was the hardest bit.

complaining? about this exam? on wat basis, you thought it was hard?
diddums, its pd.
biggest mother of a syllabus, and they can pick out the tiniest bit to test you on.
god, at least the legal shmegal kidlets kinda have a basis for their bitch coz 19 marks of it was only in the syllabus in a round-about way.
but whinging coz its hard, but still in the syllabus?
not going to get you anywhere.
especially considering most ppl i talked to at my skool thought it was actually kinda easy. the rest made up stuff for the options, but again... thats pd in a nutshell.

my textbook (pd/h/pe OUTCOMES 2) had shitloads on anything one could ever even think pd was concerned with, so any stuff my teacher didn't cover in detail, the bible did.
also, when you study pd, you know that the test can and will ask anything (coz pd test makers like feeling the full force of karma. sickos i know.) so wouldn't it make sense to endure the most exceedingly boring thing ever and study everything that can be in it, therefore EVERYTHING?
hell it took me six bottles of v drinks but i did it and now i am stoked coz i could actually answer every extended response confidently. oh god im tooting my own horn. i hate people who do that. Im sorry. shoot me now, coz im a preachy retard.

anyway, i thought this exam was the shizit compared to the trial. which may be influenced slightly by the fact that my pd trial was on the same day as english paper 2. yes i would like some cheese with my whine.

toodle-oo xx
The first section was great...few hard multi's but pretty awesome. Cores were great questions but the options were not quite as good putting it politely. What options did you do cos some are probably easier than others. And yeh you say that its a huge syllabus...that just makes it harder and not everyone can remember it all! Not everyone is perfect! You have to consider their total workload of all subjects!

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
rebecca05 said:
I think you had to write about the syllabus point "Training for skill and improvement" not about strength and haemoglobin levels. I forgot some of the main points and my answer was missing quite a bit but im pretty sure thats what u had to write about.
yea you did. lucky it wasn't on adaptations coz i know none of that, and i now never will :)

under the dotpoint of training for skill and improvement is:
-variety of drills/practices
-analysis of technique (eg. video analysis)
-technique correction

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
rebecca05 said:
The first section was great...few hard multi's but pretty awesome. Cores were great questions but the options were not quite as good putting it politely. What options did you do cos some are probably easier than others. And yeh you say that its a huge syllabus...that just makes it harder and not everyone can remember it all! Not everyone is perfect! You have to consider their total workload of all subjects!
um no i did sports med and improving perf just like everyone else.

workload of other subjects? we got time management skills drummed into us at skool coz most of my pd class had ext 1 maths this morn and bio tomoro. they're fricken machines i tells you.

kemp05

HSC
I thought the Sports Med and Improving performance had great 5 mark questions, it was pretty easy to rattle off some barriers to the use of protective equipment, and the video analysis is pretty obvious, but wtf was tha deal with the 15 mark questions, especially for Improving performance, i still , to this minute dont fully understand what it was asking

b) Critically analysis how elite athletes competing in similar events train to improve skill and performance

Can someone shed some light on how they answered this!

im lookin at a miserable UAI, oh well, only Bio and Music tomorrow, then i can sit back and wait for december!

MCOLT

HSC
i did sports med and improving performance

i wrote in sports med for ethics drugs, painkillers, pressure on athlete to participate, role of sports practioner, how athletes rush through injury management procedures and return to play procedures i used examples like joey johns rushing back into origin then injuring his knee

for improving performance i talked so much shit talked about variety, correction and analysis of technique, different types of training, and training programs to improve performance

basically i adapted the question to my response trying to make links when ever i can
what did everyone else write?

the questions were too narrow in sports med and way too broad in improving performance they may as well ask how do you improve performance?

what a fuck up this hsc is first legal, then maths now pe

at least it will scale really well

thomas rawiri

i studied for about a week, for about 4 hours a day for pe.... i knew the syllabus off by heart...all i can say is that it was a waste of time for such a bullshit exam!!!
the questions were'nt specific enough no one knew what to write about!!!
i felt like necking myself after that exam cos it was just shit....but you know what.SCHOOLIES IS BOUT A MONTH AWAY SO EVERYONE JUS GET MAGGOT TO DROWN YOUR SORROWS N LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLE!!!! KEEP IT REAL

Last edited by a moderator:

blanks

I didnt think it was too bad. I didnt know how to answer the improving performance questions so i just tried my luck and did physical activity in australia or soemthing.

For section a) of that. Were you supposed to talk about sport opening up doors overseas with other political leaders (e.g. socceroos opening door with talks in Asia). I also wrote that political parties try to win seats by offering sporting incentives such as an upgrade of a stadium or soemthing. And i also wrote that John Howard wants to look appealing to the average voter so he aligns himself with sport (e.g. Steve Waugh and the dragons). I think i just talked some shizer!!!

And for B) i wrote about the media only telling us what they want us to know and how this shapes our understanding. I also wrote about the biase some media have because they have a financial alliance with a certain club (e.g. News limited - Melbourne Storm). Once again i think i talked shizer!!

benny_2

ethics?????

hey all
well i freaked out wif dat but it seems all ppl did so im less worried
i also talked about drugs and all that shit. however i also talked about ppl
thinkin its not ethical to spend alot of money on sports ppl wen some ppl
dont even eat and all the uncured diseases. this was all i could think off
does ne agree???

hsvd_g

Grease Monkey
HSC
yep i thought the exam was hard and worded really weird.. expect no mroe then band 2

freaked

HSC
nedzelic said:
i concur whit all you lot. the options were quite difficult. did anyone find health of young people part b hard? it was all about the skills required (which is like 2/3 of the topic) fair enough but then looking at a priority area in terms of the skills...that was fair hard don't yas think? I don’t know about yous but we never considered the areas of concern with relation to the skills required.
we looked at them from the social dertminants, nature of the problem extentent, prevelance, morbitdity, mortaliy etc...
Anyone share my thoughts?

Also, for part b improving performance, it was about skill but also just improving performance in general yeah? somewhat vague....
I agree, what DID you write for the priority areas bit? I don't think I covered it.

hYperTrOphY said:
I talked about:
Motivation
Reinforcement
Anxiety
Optimal Arousal
Managing Anxiety (concentration skills, mental rehearsal, visualisation etc)
I only covered motivation, oops.

kEEn4sHIRe said:
are you kidding? it wasn't that hard. stop whining.
it was never going to be easy. and no, it wasn't bullshit.
shut up and just be happy you did better than probabably
half the state seeing as you people are keen enough
to make a comment on a post about an exam.
pe is over. learn that fact.
This is a place for us to talk about the exam, so that we can have a whinge or talk about how well we did or if we enjoyed the exam. Please respect that right and not speak badly to the members of this board.

pigman13 said:
I reckon overall, it was a shit exam, mutliple choice wasnt too bad, however, question 5 confused me : which of the sets of risk factors is common in both cvd and breast cancer and question 20: the graphs show the learning curves of a performer practicing two new skills. which best reflected the skills represented by x and y.
I did question 21, health priorities.
question a) (account for the differences in the health status of men and women in australia.) I found this question really easy, and reckon i got a band 6 answer.
b) the comparison between the two approaches was ok..could have done better.
Question 22-factors affecting performance
a) describe the FITT principle..etc. - yeah, that question wasnt too bad, prob a band 4 answer there
b) evaluation of the psychological strategies - I did it in table form, and reckon i got band 5

The options section was shit, I did sports med and sport and physical activity in aus. society
question a on sports med ( outline the barriers to the use of protective equipment in sport) was just stupid...i expected something like classifying or managing injuries, or mineral deficiencies or something.
b) (critically analyse the ethical issues raised by the increased use of sports medicine for injury management)...yeah, that question fucked me up, i had no idea at all.
question 24 a) (outline how australia has used sport for political purposes), i think that was ok, i spoke about tourism, trade and sponsorship. especially as a result of the olympics
b)(critically analyse how the mass media contribute to peoples understanding, values and beliefs about sport), think i went ok, spoke mainly about selection of choices on what is broadcast eg. the low porfile of womens sport, plus the media representation of sportsmen..etc. etc.

so overall, the multiple choice i thought were ok, part b was ok, options were kind of shit.
OMG!
"which of the sets of risk factors is common in both CVD and breast cancer and question 20: the graphs show the learning curves of a performer practicing two new skills. which best reflected the skills represented by x and y." that totally confused me too.

"question a) (account for the differences in the health status of men and women in Australia.) I found this question really easy, and reckon I got a band 6 answer." since you think you did really well would you mind telling me what you wrote?
Also what did you put for the FITT principle one? I wrote half a page so I'm not feeling confident.

hYperTrOphY said:
For the political purposes one, I'm not sure if you answered it correctly. From my perspective, you were supposed to talk about how Australian governments and sporting teams have used sport for political purposes. The examples I used were when Australia took action to boycott the Mexico Olympics (but fuck! it was the Moscow Olympics! Shit.. oh well) when Russia moved into areas of Afghanistan + how many Aus sporting teams, especially in rugby and cricket have refused to play South Africa due to their Apartheid Policy.
I spoke about how politicians use their support for sports, sporting teams and players to 'connect' with the public and vie for votes.

thomas rawiri said:
studied for about a week, for about 4 hours a day for pe.... i knew the syllabus off by heart...all i can say is that it was a waste of time for such a bullshit exam!!!
the questions were'nt specific enough no one knew what to write about!!!
i felt like necking myself after that exam cos it was just shit....but you know what.SCHOOLIES IS BOUT A MONTH AWAY SO EVERYONE JUS GET MAGGOT TO DROWN YOUR SORROWS N LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLE!!!! KEEP IT REAL
I studied for the past 3 days 7 hours per day + previous study and I got into the exam and felt that my preparations were useless. I bloody felt stupid!

benny_2 said:
yep i thought the exam was hard and worded really weird.. expect no mroe then band 2
Yea, probably what I'll get as well.

mcbec

HSC
i acually didnt think it was that bad.... like, its wasnt easy of course, it was challenging, but if u knew ur stuff for each area/topic it was ok...

i am really upset though coz for part b) for improving performance i got a mental blank, and i knew that i'd studied it but i just could NOT remember in that exam room what i was supposed to talk about for training for skill and improvement!! i'd done so damn well in the exam till i got to that last question!!! i was so annoyed i couldnt believe it!! i cried so much after the exam coz i stuffed that question and it was worth 15 marks, and thats 15%!!!!!!!!!!

the rest i found fine, i think the questions were good actually. yes, many of them are broad, but if u'd read or done past papers u should have been expecting that... the core 1 and core 2 ones were ok i thought... i remembered my stuff so i could rite for ages on it and i wrote what i wanted to put down, so its all good...

and for option 1 the health of young people - i dunno who else did it - but i feel so good because that part b) question, we did it about 5 months ago as an assignment and i also studied and knew ALL the skills and actions and what goes with them off by heart, so i knew exactly what to write!!! i was so happy with that option questions :)

so yeah, i did ok for the most part, some of the multiple choice were hard n im not sure if i got right, and the last question i stuffed.... so all in all i didnt go as well as i thought i would, but i still did ok i think.... hopefully enough to get over 80. my aim was 87+ but i stuffed it so its now 80+... that'll be good enuf for me!!

Last edited:

salmac

HSC
i'm with you about pe being CAFS i found my self talking about well being!! this morning was the first bit of study i had done for pe and im actually glad i didnt do anymore coz it woulda been a waste of time. i reckn its a tad unfair wen they only give us 2 Q's for the options - like wats the point of learning a whole syllabus wen theres only 2 q's on it - they should at least give us 3 an make them worth smaller marks ie. maybe 2 5's and a 10. i dunno all i know is that this was my last exam and now all my pe notes are ready 2 be burnt wen my friendz fnsh :)

Glenn.S

So Unfair !!!!

Im from NSW - Lismore !! ........ i studied everything about pdhpe !! i am top 10 student and seriously just was shocked with fucking ridiculous questions ....... i swear ive looked through all the text books and websites and past papers about all the different questions and the possible questions ..................... then they mothefucking say : critically analyse ......im so pissed off...........5 days of straight study and its all fucked ......none of it was good !!!!!! im so pissed off .............mothefuckas boardofstudies can lick my balls !!!!!!!!!! that was such fuckin bullshit exam..........argh :mad:@@

does p.e get scaled up or down ?

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
Glenn.S said:
Im from NSW - Lismore !! ........ i studied everything about pdhpe !! i am top 10 student and seriously just was shocked with fucking ridiculous questions ....... i swear ive looked through all the text books and websites and past papers about all the different questions and the possible questions ..................... then they mothefucking say : critically analyse ......im so pissed off...........5 days of straight study and its all fucked ......none of it was good !!!!!! im so pissed off .............mothefuckas boardofstudies can lick my balls !!!!!!!!!! that was such fuckin bullshit exam..........argh :mad:@@

does p.e get scaled up or down ?
its such a broad subject i hope it goes up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)