PDHPE FOR YR 11? SUBJECT SELECTION (1 Viewer)

may22

HSC
how many hours should I study?
Depends on the subject and how you find yourself going in each, as well as your own ability. If you're aiming for a 99+ ATAR be prepared to dedicate a lot of time to each subject.
Once you hit a band 6, it takes a lot of effort to push to a 95+ mark

yao_jahang

HSC
sorry for all the questions. I just really want a 95 + atar to get into bachelor of biomedicine.

may22

HSC
sorry for all the questions. I just really want a 95 + atar to get into bachelor of biomedicine.
Yeah it takes a lot of work. Even though I'm not in year 12 yet, I can see how far I've come from the beginning of Year 11 and it's satisfying. If you're motivated -- and you sound like you are -- you'll take pride in improving and putting in the effort

yao_jahang

HSC
yeye. if u guys were to rank your subjects, what ranking would they be and why? im curious. and also take your time. its fine if u don't want to do it.

may22

HSC
yeye. if u guys were to rank your subjects, what ranking would they be and why? im curious. and also take your time. its fine if u don't want to do it.
As in favourite to least favourite?

may22

HSC
Aight, give me a few minutes, just have to do something for class...

may22

HSC
Favourite to least favourite:

1. Extension 1 English --> I'm lucky to be in a small class, and we have a lot of discussions. It's a very independent-based subject, and my teacher is amazing lol. The texts we are doing are very interesting, and I love looking at the connection between language and what is being conveyed, especially the commentary on society. The assessments were quite fun for this subject too

2. PDH --> very easy, very straightforward. I relate to it a lot, especially the core topic 'Body in Motion' since I play a sport. And I loved the anatomy section, even though it wasn't that in-depth. Also, the core topic of First Aid was interesting and helpful

3. Bio --> I found prelim pretty straightforward, not too hard. I like being challenged to write my answers in the best way to get a band 6. Can't wait for year 12 though, because that will be way more interesting

4. Advanced English --> not my favourite, but still enjoyable. I have the same teacher as extension English, which makes this even better. The texts were fine. I guess why this is ranked lower is because the class is a lot bigger and not everyone participates in discussions. Plus, I find competition a little limited...there, but not quite enough

4. Chemistry --> I wouldn't say I despise chem, but it's definitely a love-hate relationship. Sometimes it's cool, sometimes I feel like slamming my head against the wall, but overall it's not too bad...

I have to rank chem and adv math the same...

4. Advanced math --> math has never been -- and will probably never be -- my favourite subject, even though I'm good at it...maybe because I hated it as a kid, and it gets so frustrating sometimes...I don't know. Some topics drive me up the wall, but I loved trig and calculus. Probability is annoying (I'm doing it as I type this lol)

5. Extension math --> don't get me wrong, the challenge was fun, and I'm doing well, relative to the rest of my class....and the fact that my teacher writes crazy-hard exams. I think for this subject I just lost some motivation; it's definitely the subject I have to spend the most time on and it's sort of draining. But my opinion is biased because...it's math lol

yao_jahang

HSC
all of them. just any assessment notifications you find for any of the subjects. thx for all the help!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)