penalties (1 Viewer)

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Originally posted by VanCarBus
i accidently put in my name as a journalist's name...
Does that penalise my mark?
If it does, markers are the cheapest people
It'd be funny if they subconsciously marked you down because the name sounded 'Fake'. :D

sar567

ok dont scare me, does it or doesnt it matter if u used a name in the article, caus i didnt. I dont really know how you would include it, is it worth a whole band?

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
its not worth a whole band however IF lets say you are in a low band six *knock knock i dont want to jinx you either way* then maybe that, along with a few other small mistakes MAY bring you down to a high band 5...... but i dont know... dont quote me on it im just going by what some teachers have said.... because we always get it ripped into us that we need to make sure that our piece reflects the medium we are writing it as.....

sar567

wish somebody had told me tht, i had no idea wht to put except for the heading oh well cant be helped now

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I put a heading in but not a name. Its not necessary and you won't get marked down.

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
I put a heading in but not a name. Its not necessary and you won't get marked down.
Its not necessary but it will help to show that you understood the format the question was asking for.

I was the journalist Sami Lucas. i figured she could get promoted from weathergirl! It doesn't matter what you wrote, no one but the markers will see it unless it gets selected in thestandards package and if so they will blot out the name you gave in case its your own.

adamj

I don't think we needed to include a journo's name. It is only if you have a feature article, in which case you need a healdine, "columns" and subheading.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Exactly, you people have not read the question properly. It was an article for inclusion in a HSC thing, not a journalist type thing. It could well have been written by an English teacher.

Sorry, but if you didn't write anything, you will not get penalised. Stop trying to make everyone believe they will.

beemo

unfortunately the truth is taht the markers are only human, and may be (if only subconciously) swayed by such minor detail.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by beemo
unfortunately the truth is taht the markers are only human, and may be (if only subconciously) swayed by such minor detail.
What people fail to see is they are looking for things to give you marks FOR, not take them away. They start at zero and go from there, not start at 20 and take marks off.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
the truth is not simple :p

i ended my article with somethin along the lines of
"for more info about the truth you can purchase my book available in bookstores entitled afkjdlakfjfjkflads"

sar567

Sorry, but if you didn't write anything, you will not get penalised. Stop trying to make everyone believe they will.
Well im going to go with tht and not listen to anything else because i dont want to stress about it any more, i have 2 many other things i need to stress over

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by VanCarBus
i accidently put in my name as a journalist's name...
Does that penalise my mark?
If it does, markers are the cheapest people
they won't know, it's just they prefer if people don't use their own names
Originally posted by Inca
I didnt include a name at all, I didnt think we had to
me either, i didn't even think of it
Originally posted by beemo
wat if i wrote 'i hate hsc markers'?
i think u'd be penalised as 'non serious attempt'

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Exeter
the truth is not simple :p

i ended my article with somethin along the lines of
"for more info about the truth you can purchase my book available in bookstores entitled afkjdlakfjfjkflads"
yeah, same here....half of our skool ended like that. :D:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)