penalties (1 Viewer)

cadsy48

you guys are stressing over nothing....my tutor was and HSC marker and she said small things like a reporters name take up about a nanosecond of the markers time so it's not going to do as much.....what IS more important, is that if you wrote a headline to your article....did you have the Headline they sepcified or did you make your own up??

also consider that it was designed for students OUR age therefore jokes etc would go down well.

tegs

They can take marks off or refuse to mark it if you say anything offensive.
HOWEVER! If you put it in inverted commas, it's OK! Like some guy wrote that something in the physics paper the year before was 'f@cked' but without the @. he put it in inverted commas tho, so it was all ok. (Talking about a model which didn't work or something.)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by tegs
They can take marks off or refuse to mark it if you say anything offensive.
HOWEVER! If you put it in inverted commas, it's OK! Like some guy wrote that something in the physics paper the year before was 'f@cked' but without the @. he put it in inverted commas tho, so it was all ok. (Talking about a model which didn't work or something.)
serious??? in an exam?? he could have thought of a better word

Beffy

Originally posted by VanCarBus
i accidently put in my name as a journalist's name...
Does that penalise my mark?
We were told by our teacher that they employ people at the marking centre to proof read the papers and check for names, addresses etc that seem too realistic, like they would actually belong to someone in text types like articles and letters.

If they find one they black them out with a marker so the markers can't see them anyway.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
does that include black out the journa's name as well? or just on he front booklet cover?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by VanCarBus
does that include black out the journa's name as well? or just on he front booklet cover?
which front booklet cover? i doubt anyone would write their name there. i think it's at the top of letters etc.

TheKey

HSC
so i should be in the clear with "the truth" quote, "you fucknuckle"- Brooke to Mike?

lets hope so

Leon_Phelps

I wrote a name... it just came to me as i concluded

Phillip DiMaggio

Mix between Phillip J Fry from futurama and Robert Dimaggio - the guy who does his voice

Originally posted by Beffy
We were told by our teacher that they employ people at the marking centre to proof read the papers and check for names, addresses etc that seem too realistic, like they would actually belong to someone in text types like articles and letters.

If they find one they black them out with a marker so the markers can't see them anyway.
Does this mean that if the name sounds real they'll black it out, even if you made it up?

IF so, good on those people who managed to trick the markers into thinking it was their name!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)