"Pensions should be increased" (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Pensioners want more ( 1 2 3 4 5 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 )

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yeah $13'000 p.a., if that's what it really is, is heaps.

Rent @ $125 x 52 = 6500
+
Food @ $70 x 52 = $10140

$3000 towards heaps of luxuries like a car and shit.

banco55

HSC
Graney said:
Yeah $13'000 p.a., if that's what it really is, is heaps.

Rent @ $125 x 52 = 6500
+
Food @ $70 x 52 = $10140

$3000 towards heaps of luxuries like a car and shit.
If you are living in a capital city you are going to be sharing a not very nice house if you are paying $125 rent.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
single pension rate should be $350 per week........couple should be $550.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
humglish said:
My family lives off a disability pension, (Well, actually I live off Student allowance) which isn't much more.

Actually my mother had insurance, a stable job, then my Dad divorced her and because she couldn't afford a lawyer, we got badly ripped off and lost our house.
She wasn't working at the time because of her health and this only got worse.

It's not that bad living day to day. I can deal with it. We can still afford the net, I don't miss out on all that much, (Maybe a few social situations/events which I can afford), but it's the unexpected which hurts.

We have health insurance, but usually once a year someone in my family will have to go into hospital. A my mum has had quite a few operations this year. Health insurance gives back virtually nothing, so you're still out a few thousand bucks.

The pension is ok from day to day. But how do you deal when you have unexpected, but necessary expenses like this?
uh insurance means income protection insurance. they pay like 80% of your income till your 65 if you get injured and are incapacitated.

http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticl...=100008&p=1&title=Income+protection+insurance

zstar

HSC
N/A
Pensions are unsustainable.

It will collapse eventually. That is why everyone needs a good plan to save up for retirement plus hedging against and possible losses they may suffer through inflation.

banco55

HSC
jb_nc said:
uh insurance means income protection insurance. they pay like 80% of your income till your 65 if you get injured and are incapacitated.

http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle.aspx?id=104887&catId=100292&tid=100008&p=1&title=Income+protection+insurance
Private pensions tend to have much stricter criteria then the disability pension from centerlink. At least during the '80's the disability pension was used by the Hawke and Keating Governments to reduce the official unemployment rate by moving the long term unemployed off the dole and on to the disability pension.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

ASNSWR127

HSC
Here is an idea, rather than 'cash payouts' why not invest this money into public projects and works (such as good health care, free roads, free extra-curricular activities for pensioners)?

It is simply logical to suggest that if everyone pays then everyone benefits. Rather thhan a petty cash payout of $30 per month (what petty politics from the opposition) we should provide this infrastrucure for pensioners

Why do pensioners if they fall have to be charged by the ASNSW for the trip to hospital? get rid of about $3 of that 30 and you eliminate that cost if you put it into the health budget, think of what you could do with the other 27??

Bye Bye private health expenses.

So many things we could do with more regulation of these things.

aussie-boy

HSC
turnbull's rhetoric about an emergency increase of the pension is just bs... they had 12 years to fix the situation but it only becomes a real problem once they get voted out

of course the pension should be raised, following a review if necessary... it really isnt easy to live on $278 a week when you think of utilities, food, transport, rent.

pensions arent going to be around for that much longer because of the introduction of compulsory super... so we can safely keep raising the payments knowing that the number of people receiving them will decline to around 5% (ie those unemployed over their work lives) over the next 40 years

and the money can come from politicians' pensions... how dare they rob $130,000 a year from the taxpayer each year after retirement for the rest of their lives!!!

sthcross.dude

HSC
aussie-boy said:
and the money can come from politicians' pensions... how dare they rob $130,000 a year from the taxpayer each year after retirement for the rest of their lives!!!
Politicians make less than people in positions with comparative responsibility in the private sector.

Also $130 000 * 250 (approx number of MPs and senators) = 32.5 million dollars.

That's a drop in the ocean compared to the 4.6 million Australians who are paid some sort of social security payment.

So at best a small fraction of the money could come from politicians pensions.

aussie-boy

HSC
sthcross.dude said:
Politicians make less than people in positions with comparative responsibility in the private sector.
so? they arent in the private sector and if they were genuine about good governance money would not be an incentive

i think $150k a year while in parliament is quite sufficient, and these guys certainly dont deserve another $130k for the rest of their lives for doing nothing

zstar

HSC
N/A
Those old people should've took responsibility of their own finances and gotten their act together instead of asking tax payers to foot out the bill.

Furthermore where on earth are their family, friends, kids etc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)