People who ask questions in lectures are Morons (1 Viewer)

cooklyfire

HSC
There's this one particular guy in my MATHS/CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY class who CONSTANTLY asks questions; even pathetically stupid ones like:

"How do you calculate volume if you don't use a ruler?" :speechless:

How the heck do you deal with these types of people?; they're always slowing down the lecture and derailing the topic of focus. :angry:

jaysexy

HSC
you need to yell at em straight out to shut the fuck up and everyone else in your lecture will agree with you too

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
How the heck do you deal with these types of people?; they're always slowing down the lecture and derailing the topic of focus. :angry:
You shmack them.

cooklyfire

HSC
The problem is that, the lecturer is really nice and will actually ANSWER those gay bum sex questions.
Although i do find it very amusing when the whole class groans when someone raises his/her hand. :lol:

TheYear2011

HSC
lol thats like me.

I asked this question in a lecture and everyone was pissed off at me.

Raix

HSC
It's a freaking pain during Java. They have a workshop on every week for stupid questions plus 3 hour labs, and an online discussion board and the same 2 or 3 people STILL keep interrupting. And yeah, the lecturer's too nice and answers it all, although at one point, he did ask if he could go on.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Shit's so annoying, if you have questions about a lecture write them down and ask the lecturer AFTER the lecture or in your tutorial!

Monstar

HSC
Hey man,

I had the same situation in my economics class, except this was in a tute, which is probably more annoying. Basically, I expressed my dissatisfaction in a rather aggressive manner.. ie "cmon man, its so simple why are you making it more complicated than it is?" The dude kinda laid off.. I felt kinda bad..

But yeah he stopped asking the dumb questions

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Thank god I've yet to encounter one of these people lol. Most people in my lectures ask quite intelligent questions which make everyone including the lecturer think hard about it...:p

They should be asking the stupid questions after the lecture or during consultation times. They're just embarassing themselves by stopping the lecture for it.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Could you post your discontent on the discussion forum of your subjects Blackboard page? That's what I've observed people doing after we've had people disrupting lectures for no good reason. Chances are, there are many others in your lecture thinking the same thing, and your lecturer may see the posts and act in a different way next time they are interupted.

Questions really should be saved for after a lecture, or a tutorial. Tutorials are meant to be interactive for this very reason.

HSC
Thank god I've yet to encounter one of these people lol. Most people in my lectures ask quite intelligent questions which make everyone including the lecturer think hard about it...:p

They should be asking the stupid questions after the lecture or during consultation times. They're just embarassing themselves by stopping the lecture for it.
Yes. This goes for my lectures as well. Because we are smart and we rule.

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
thats because you are all stupid sycophantic morons.

stupid cunts set 1 asks dumb questions, correction, dumb people ask questions as the OP mentions.

stupid cunts set 2, which you all are, ask questions that could be asked during the lecture that is applicable to everyone. this takes up valuable time, where someone who needs to ask questions on an individual basis e.g. medical or special considerations for exemptions from tests cant ask because you retards are in the way.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
LOL. Our lecturer said that if we get through our lecture then we wouldn't have one on Wednesday, thus everyone was like 'HELLZ YEAH'
But, this one guy asked so many questions (some were valid, some weren't) and earned himself so many enemies.
It.was.hilarious.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
It's annoying when people ask questions that the lecturer has just addressed, or that could be answered by reading the UoS outline or something as easy as that.

Esp now. You're in FOURTH YEAR, get a clue already.

Otacon2009

HSC
I don't mind people asking questions in lectures. It breaks the monotony of hearing someone drone on and on for an hour, especially if they read off the Powerpoint slides. Though I have yet to encounter a lecture where a student asks a barrage of questions that do hold it up.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
Though I have yet to encounter a lecture where a student asks a barrage of questions that do hold it up.
Same. If someone ever does that in one of my lectures though, I'm going to have to resist the urge to throw my pen at them.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha there was this one girl in my chem lectures and in first semester last year she was in my chem tute too!

She asks stupid stupid questions AND tells the lecturer her life story too. SERIOUSLY NO ONE CARES STFU.

She's in my Physiology lectures this semester but THANK FUCK she's in the other chemistry stream. She always sits right at the front and volunteers for everything and answers every question the lecturer asks (and is wrong waaaay too often).

Learn to STFU PLEASE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)