people who get 99+ Atars..... (1 Viewer)

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
A fair few 99+ ATARs I knew were generally of superior genetic makeup with spontaneous, occasional cramming. Of course, you can overcome being less-than-special by lots of consistent study.

The kids with both are those who go on to state rank and get 99.95 ect

EDIT: also, you 2012ers should be getting lives and doing things instead of studying during the holidays. if you're worrying about not studying enough in the holidays than you're probably pushing yourselves far enough during the semester as it is.

Last edited:

bladeys

HSC
N/A
Ahhhh fuck my IQ IS 89. But i got 99 atar what means? Does that mean that, yes, IQ is a stupid test.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks, I did alright;

but to give u an idea:

my marks were;

English Adv: 95
Italian beg: 95
SOR 2U: 96
Music 2: 96
Physics: 97

I could have done better, but I think I did alright and worked well with the time I had.

Best of luck with your exams.
fwhoah :D you ripped up physics! what are your tips for physics, because i fear thats one of my worst subjects??

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Well I assume an ATAR between 90 to 99+ would require different amounts of hard work. (correct me if I am wrong.)

99+ you really need to put in the effort and consistency, as it is not so simple for many but it is not impossible. You hear of people getting an ATAR like that and so it is not unacheivable.

Then again, people work in different ways and some do not do as much as others however can still do very well. It all really depends.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well I assume an ATAR between 90 to 99+ would require different amounts of hard work. (correct me if I am wrong.)

99+ you really need to put in the effort and consistency, as it is not so simple for many but it is not impossible. You hear of people getting an ATAR like that and so it is not unacheivable.

Then again, people work in different ways and some do not do as much as others however can still do very well. It all really depends.
Everything about you screams out 'girl'.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
^ I don't understand your post?

I have a hunch that your favourite colour is pink.

EDIT:

And related to the thread, it depends on the person as Cheesecake has said. Some people just understand everything, some people just don't get it etc.

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
fwhoah :D you ripped up physics! what are your tips for physics, because i fear thats one of my worst subjects??
I guess I did alright.
As with physics it is probably the easiest science. Some concept might take u time to understand but once you do, it is merely application. so make sure you understand the concept rather than memorising and then apply them to a variety of questions. Past papers, CSSA trials, text book questions until you're reasonably confident. sometimes i would do the same set of questions twice and I would understand the concepts much better than when I did them the first time. Also there is a reasonable amount of content that you need to study so please keep that in mind. use a really good text book, that will make physics easier and don't over learn things and make life harder for u on purose. Like I know lots of kids, learnt to derive all these relativity formulas but you honestly never need to do that. so just do what you have to do, unless you want to major in physics at uni, don't over learn things. h

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
You'll be fine :)
Take it easy but don't slack - that what i did and it worked for me

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Pass maths? You kidding me?

I'm going to be admiring your E4's in Mx1 AND Mx2.

That's 4 units killed for ATAR purposes so you'd definitely be 90+ easily my favourite robot. I've be surprised if you didn't end up getting high 90s.

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
How can you be so sure?

But I want to pass maths. :( I am lazy at the moment.
do a topic for 3 days and by the end of one week you'd have 2 done. the key is do it in small chunks so you don't tire yourself, but do it really well

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
do a topic for 3 days and by the end of one week you'd have 2 done. the key is do it in small chunks so you don't tire yourself, but do it really well
But I don't even know Year 9 maths. I am so behind. :( I got 10% for my first assessment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)