people who put you down. (1 Viewer)

kcqn93

HSC
I haven't spoken to my parents about school or my marks since the end of year 11...

HSC
I've always been considered someone who does well in tests, but when I got 57.5% on my Physics Half Yearly, everyone let me know it. Pretty sure I understand that it's a pretty horrible result!
This is the fucking worst.

Thankfully my parents have stopped putting me down. Only people who do so now are "friends" and myself. I can hide behind the shroud of my friends, but at times it just gets out of hand.

What's worse is some hate me and It's only prelim? wonder if I'll have any left by the end of year 12.

HSC
All you guys and gals who have parents telling you that your a fucking failure should stop complaining. Your parents are right. Your just SHIT. Yea i hate my parents too.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah i constantly got put down by my dad
"you are useless, you are a no hoper" etc

so i stopped telling him my marks/lied about it

ended up getting 95.10 ATAR lol

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
~i'm walking away~

from the troubles in my life

Godslove

Premium Member
HSC
Has anyone experienced put downs about their results? How have you coped with these?

I have experienced put downs from my family who tell me that I will never do as well as my cousins, that I'm lazy, will never go university and will be a failure. :jedi:
I've been telling myself to ignore them but it's very hard.. especially since they're coming from my family.

and then there are those people who say that you're so smart, you should stop studying because you're becoming too nerdy. which makes me wonder.. why would friends, who are supposed to support you, tell you to stop studying?

so how to deal with these put downs?
Hey brother, i hear what your saying man, but that's what makes us a better person; to ignore the constant patronizing by your peers and continue to put in your all!
an extremely recent incident:
I started studying hard when i reached yr 11, specifically for maths, in my first grading task for ext 1 I was ranked almost last, with a 68% and first achieving 94% i was embarrassed and quite frankly, pissed off.
I picked myself up and last week we received our results and I was ranked first with a 90%
Its important to pray, and motivate yourself
remember the quote
"I do it because i can, I can because i want too, I want too because you said i couldn't"
hope this helps brother
take care. :)

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
if people put you down

you put them down
in the same way a vet puts a dog down

youandmexo

HSC
i know what you mean.
i did my HSC last year and i felt like that constantly and like i was never good enough.
but i prove them wrong :)
i basically got told i was going to get like in the 70's or something ridiculous because my parents didnt believe i was studying enough. i ended up with 93.05 :) once you prove them wrong, they cant say anything :p its the best feeling :) :)

lightsjustright

HSC
this is easily solved
go to school
go to library
study at library
go home to sleep

avoiding parents is so simple

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)