Pharmacy Salary (1 Viewer)

BoredAzn

HSC
Does anyone know the starting salary of pharmacy graduate? and how much will it rise as time goes and by how much?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
My sister is a pharmacist - she began work during her degree.

She has now graduated (in 2012) and earning around $23/hr (roughly, not exactly sure).

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad

She has now graduated (in 2012) and earning around $23/hr (roughly, not exactly sure).
I'm assuming this is for pre-registered pharmacist right?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

bahahahaha i basically make that working at a shitty retail store

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
person from tafe 2 years
>$22/hr
makes a mistake - oops

pharmacist
>$25/hr
4 years uni
makes a mistake - dead...

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
This is just sad :(
They get paid so low and yet have to go through 4 years of hard study at uni and then one year of the extremely hard training!
I reckon Pharmacist should protest for pay rise!

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
This is just sad :(
They get paid so low and yet have to go through 4 years of hard study at uni and then one year of the extremely hard training!
I reckon Pharmacist should protest for pay rise!
I'm confused as to why you think its "sad". The entire system works on supply and demand and at this point in time, Pharmacy is an extremely saturated market. If there was less supply and more demand for Pharmacists, their salaries would consequently increase.

Last edited:

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm confused as to why you think its "sad". The entire system works on supply and demand and at this point in time, Pharmacy is an extremely saturated market. If there was less supply and more demand for Pharmacists, their salaries would consequently increase.
True!
I guess nt many ppl are gona be doing Pharmacy this year then!

is a roflcopter
HSC
the point of doing pharmacy is to eventually earn enough to open your own store.
my mate has a store and he earns more than investment bankers

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
the point of doing pharmacy is to eventually earn enough to open your own store.
You also have to consider competition. I was walking around my local area and within a 1km radius counted 6 pharmacies. That was also just on the border so presumably, more exist inside. Rich pharmacists exist though, just like most professions.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Yupp :D
How much would you need to open up your own Pharmacy?

is a roflcopter
HSC
You also have to consider competition. I was walking around my local area and within a 1km radius counted 6 pharmacies. That was also just on the border so presumably, more exist inside. Rich pharmacists exist though, just like most professions.

well obviously you gotta pick a good location. noone is telling you to open once in an already saturated area. my friends one is like near blacktown.
and having a lot of phamacies just proves there is demand there.

i have no idea how much exactly - 500k+ i would imagine if you want to buy an existing business

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
So true! I was walking in livo town and counted 3 in westies, 5 in main town :S

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
500k+ seems alot- probs have to work as a pharmacist for 10+ years to save that much! or maybe just get a business loan from the bank and pay the loan from earnings of the business.
Many pharmacist these days tend to open up a business in share with another pharmacist.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
well obviously you gotta pick a good location. noone is telling you to open once in an already saturated area. my friends one is like near blacktown.
and having a lot of phamacies just proves there is demand there.

i have no idea how much exactly - 500k+ i would imagine if you want to buy an existing business
Just because a lot of pharmacies exist in a certain place, it doesn't mean it is conclusively attributed to demand. Some of the pharmacies I mentioned before may have no one walking in them for periods of 2-3 hours while others are constantly busy. One may decide to open in a certain area due to an abundance of other factors like a comparatively cheaper price or easy access to stock.

is a roflcopter
HSC
nope thats fundamentally wrong.
people open businesses to make money. fullstop.
obviously unless you are just trying to launder money thats another story or sell heroin/AKs out back thats fine.

so if an area has 6 pharmacies and they have been in business for 4-5 years or more, it means all of them are making money. it means the demand is there.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
obviously unless you are just trying to launder money thats another story or sell heroin/AKs out back thats fine.

so if an area has 6 pharmacies and they have been in business for 4-5 years or more, it means all of them are making money. it means the demand is there.
omg
FL

SanjoyM

HSC

Spiritual is right.

I think what he was getting at is just because businesses are running, doesn't mean they are doing well and a plethora of factors surrounds their inability to close. A low stream of income could still be present. The profit or the demand is not evenly spread over all "6" pharmacies and some may have shut down in the last 4-5 years. Your details are very vague...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)