• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Photographic memory? (1 Viewer)

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
People who have photographic memory do not even need to study. Just cram everything!!!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
People with photographic memories are so awesome!

I have a better memory than the average person but it is in no way photographic (and it seems like many BOSers here have a heightened sense of memory)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You have a very good memory but no way photographic. I can remember an essay in that sort of time frame too- photographic memory refers to being able to see something once and then just recall it perfectly, like you took a photo of it.

The best example I can think of is this guy that can fly over a city and then when he lands, paint the whole thing perfectly (like even appropriate windows on a building). That's close to photographic memory- you might want to read the wiki article on it- its quite interesting.
This guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Wiltshire

mrh94

HSC
I have a slight photogenic memory. My uncle on my dad's side, has a photogenic memory.
Amazing trolling abilities lolol.
Unless you're being legit...then we have a slight problem.
I'm going to assume you're trolling because you're a BOS'er....and we're are the masters of trolling.

gorab

HSC
So jealous of people who can memorise essays that easily, it takes me way over 3 hours to memorise word for word... but i have a really good memory of multiple small pieces of info for other subjects...

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Photographic? Doubtful. You'd most likely just have a good memory.

Also, I don't think you can have a 'degree of photographic memory'. You either have a photographic memory or you don't. There's no grey area in this.

Everyone can precisely recall certain images from memory. It doesn't mean you have a "degree of" photographic memory. Photographic is when you can glimpse an object/place/image and instantly commit it to memory without fault, then (typically the easiest way to prove it) be able to faithfully recreate said image on paper. Regardless of the complexity etc.

I'd prefer an Eidetic memory, personally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)