PHYS (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
No worries. Sounded like one of those questions where half the cohort get one answer and the other half gets another answer.
I think I might be able to draw the question up lol.

Just bear with me a few minutes.

D94

HSC
N/A
theta = arctan(1/u)

and as for the reason, I'm tossing up between what WebAddict said; and something of a mathematical explanation where you take the second derivative, find that it is always less than zero when u >= 0, and say that u must always be >= 0, therefore, there is a maximum. Can't remember much of that theory.

HSC
N/A
We couldn't keep the paper because the answer pages were in the same booklet.

Why couldn't the Faculty of Physics separated the questions and answers? I was so annoying having to continuously turn the pages to refer back to the question.
Lol me too! I panicked and tend to flick the paper several times (I'm sure the person behind me was annoyed with all the page flicking)

Any ideas when we know the exam results and how? (This is my very first exam and I don't know where the results are placed on moodle)

Last edited:

klavier

HSC
Lol me too! I panicked and tend to flick the paper several times (I'm sure the person behind me was annoyed with all the page flicking)

Any ideas when we know the exam results and how? (This is my very first exam and I don't know where the results are placed on moodle)
It will be informed by early july (not the marks only pass or fail)

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Will be tuning into this thread when the results come out to see the state of everyone's angus

klavier

HSC
Turn out i even got some of the pulley questions correct
(solutions are given out already)

Phys1121 is a good course, they really inform you as early as possible.:rolleyes2:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Can't wait for next sem phys now. Its actually the stuff that's exciting and relevant to me.

klavier

HSC
But that doesn't make sense. Who gets the pass then if everyone gets the credit ?
Everything must be fit into the curve but now there are too many Cs compared to Passes.

D94

HSC
N/A
But that doesn't make sense. Who gets the pass then if everyone gets the credit ?
Everything must be fit into the curve but now there are too many Cs compared to Passes.
I haven't seen your course outline, so I'll assume not much has changed. If someone just passes the labs, quizzes and final exam, then they will get a pass. Also, people who sit the supplementary may achieve a Pass grade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)