Physics or Chemistry? (1 Viewer)

jaaaaay

HSC
xclusv2bhung: agriculture's compulsary? o_O heh, i'd say wait till half yearlies... for u =] but 4 me, i've pretty much decided to drop chem...

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
jaaaaay said:
xclusv2bhung: agriculture's compulsary? o_O heh, i'd say wait till half yearlies... for u =] but 4 me, i've pretty much decided to drop chem...
From the looks of ur subject thing you've already dropped it. Good luck Jaaaay! :D (secretly one less competitor in chem *laughs* :))

jaaaaay

HSC
dr baby beanie said:
From the looks of ur subject thing you've already dropped it. Good luck Jaaaay! :D (secretly one less competitor in chem *laughs* :))
hahaha... ur funi xD
do u do any of my other subjects?
lol, am i still competing? =P

^^;;;

jaaaaay

HSC
dr baby beanie said:
Thanks :p. Yeah were still competing I do all you subjects, < accounting. :D
haha u don't have anything to worry about...
im no real competition =.= lol...

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lols yeah its compulsory .. aww , stupid ag
hrmm what school do you two people go to ?

Zazo

Pharmacist :)
On earth, on a huge island, in the best city, Sydn
HSC
Uni Grad
SoulSearcher said:
Well, it looks more likely that to make better use of your time and effort, you should drop chemistry, your results indicate that you are doing much better in physics than chemistry.
i don't really agree with marks u see i'm coming first in phys and chem, i love chem its the best !!, but i so want to drop phys (lol i can't coz i have 11units) its such a stressful subject(well for me at least) and it requires a lot of studying and focusing so do what u like and enjoy and only drop a subject when u are totally convinced and u are thinking ahead about ur future (career)!!! so hope this hepls !! :)

Zazo

Pharmacist :)
On earth, on a huge island, in the best city, Sydn
HSC
Uni Grad
Ennaybur said:
do both. or if you have to, keep phys if you're better at it. it doesnt matter much about scaling, what matters is that u do well at it. personally tho, i did both and dont regret it.
DId u really get a 100 UAI? if u did WOW i'm so jealous i hope to get some where near that, and i agree with what ur saying about doing both they're related too ( a bit) but phys is harder !!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Zazo said:
i don't really agree with marks u see i'm coming first in phys and chem, i love chem its the best !!, but i so want to drop phys (lol i can't coz i have 11units) its such a stressful subject(well for me at least) and it requires a lot of studying and focusing so do what u like and enjoy and only drop a subject when u are totally convinced and u are thinking ahead about ur future (career)!!! so hope this hepls !! :)
Different cases, I agree with you generally, but in her case her rankings and marks in chemistry haven't been that flash compared to physics, where she is getting quite good results and ranks.

Hero Of Time

HSC
N/A
All the teachers at my school believe Chemistry is scaled slightly higher than Physics, although that may not be true this year anyway. I suggest you stay with Physics if your doing better in the subject, and it is scaled relatively close to Chemistry as well.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Dragie! :O how could u disagree with me??! :(

*cuts*

I did HSC Chem in year 11 and for that reason it shits all over Physics :p

BlackDragon

HSC
Don't listen to those chemistry freaks..

PHYSICS IS EVERYTHING.

You don't change the world by synthesizing a new compound.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
umm, excuse me BlackDragon.

If you do not want the advances of Chemistry, then give me back all of your Soap, Plastic, Petrol and anything else remotely relating to any chemical compound or process.

Yes, return to the Primitive Age.

You don't change the world by synthesizing a new compound my arse.

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC
wm_abusef said:
umm, excuse me BlackDragon.

If you do not want the advances of Chemistry, then give me back all of your Soap, Plastic, Petrol and anything else remotely relating to any chemical compound or process.

Yes, return to the Primitive Age.

You don't change the world by synthesizing a new compound my arse.
I was refering to our understanding of our world.
I mean, what's more important, creating things to improve the material standards of our society or learning, investigating and discovering the truthes of our universe and the meaning & nature of the world around us?

T

Testpilot

I say pick both physics and chemistry (nobody cares about bio, you learned all you need to know about reproduction in PE in year 7). In relation to the argument above me, neither matters. In the big scheme of things the knowledge you will gain from either course if too small to really matter when compared to the sum of human knowledge in those fields.

jaaaaay

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Different cases, I agree with you generally, but in her case her rankings and marks in chemistry haven't been that flash compared to physics, where she is getting quite good results and ranks.
haha, yea, im definately not coming first in chem AND physics... o_O if so, i'd drop accounting! well... i enjoy physics a lot more... and understand a lot more...

to me... chemistry is just boring memorising... (chem lovers, don't get offended, im not the memorising type, im more logic lol...)

and i can't live with a 23rd rank im chem ><" compared to a 4th rank in physics...

thanks for everyone's suggestions (and debate... lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)