Physics to Bio? (1 Viewer)

Matt2233

HSC
I'm just finishing up year 11 and after months of enduring physics, a subject i find incredibly boring, i found out that it still is possible to change subjects of the principle allows it.

Is it worth the hassle to try and change from physics to biology, i find physics really easy but its really boring and i don't have any motivation to study for it. If it helps my other subjects are Adv English, 3u maths, chem, sor 1u, ancient history, geography and history extension.

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
I'm just finishing up year 11 and after months of enduring physics, a subject i find incredibly boring, i found out that it still is possible to change subjects of the principle allows it.

Is it worth the hassle to try and change from physics to biology, i find physics really easy but its really boring and i don't have any motivation to study for it. If it helps my other subjects are Adv English, 3u maths, chem, sor 1u, ancient history, geography and history extension.
In my opinion, Physics is much more interesting than bio. I even wanna change from bio to physics but sadly, we arent allowed to
=(

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
A prerequisite in doing a HSC course is to have done the Prelim. Which means you'll have to (if the school lets you, catch up on one year of work. That's a bitch to do.

scardizzle

Salve!
HSC
Can't speak for bio but having done the year 12 physics course stick with it. It gets so much more interesting than speed = distance/time especially relativity, which is pretty god damn interesting. + it scales decently and is a pretty easy subject

Matt2233

HSC
Can't speak for bio but having done the year 12 physics course stick with it. It gets so much more interesting than speed = distance/time especially relativity, which is pretty god damn interesting. + it scales decently and is a pretty easy subject
Does it get that more interesting, our school does motion first and i kidna liked that do i didnt switch early but waves and electricity bored me to pieces.

I plan on doing biomedical engineering at uni so bio would be good to have, and were doing astrophysics as our elective so half the subject wont help me at all.

TheStallion

HSC
I'm surprised that your school even allows you to swap to bio for year 12.

HSC
I'm surprised that your school even allows you to swap to bio for year 12.
yeah as am I.

i cant say anything about physics (considering i dont do it nor would i ever want to do it...would much rather die) but the year 12 bio course is the best. i loved it and this is coming from someone who has a passionate hate towards science. i absolutely loved biology. so if it was me in your position i would change because thats where my personal interests lie.

i cant believe your school is letting you swap!

Johanist

HSC
I plan on doing biomedical engineering at uni so bio would be good to have, and were doing astrophysics as our elective so half the subject wont help me at all.
Wouldn't you still need to do physic as a bridging though, since i thought that most engineering courses has physics as assumed or prerequisite, so your still gonna have to do it, unless I'm wrong. Might as well do physics now instead of wasting your hols and doing it.. well that's just my opinion

scardizzle

Salve!
HSC
Does it get that more interesting, our school does motion first and i kidna liked that do i didnt switch early but waves and electricity bored me to pieces.

The main topic that has electricity is motors and generators but is a very different use of electricity than a simple circuit. Also there is almost no work on waves besides wave-particle duality which is actually pretty cool(is light a wave or a particle?)

I think one of the major things that differentiates the year 11 course and the year 12 course is that the year 12 course focuses on how the things you' ve are applied to the real world. So if you're into practical elements of science stick with physics

saberbladexx

HSC
I suggest you do Biology if you lack motivation in doing Physics, because motivation plays a huge role in the HSC.

Btw on a side note, did no one else notice the OP is doing 15units?, as another sugestion if you didn't want to do either science you could just do neither, you'd still be set with 13u.

Matt2233

HSC
I suggest you do Biology if you lack motivation in doing Physics, because motivation plays a huge role in the HSC.

Btw on a side note, did no one else notice the OP is doing 15units?, as another sugestion if you didn't want to do either science you could just do neither, you'd still be set with 13u.

haha as much as i wanna continue all my subjects ill probably end up dropping geography. Thinks for all the input guys, i think ill just continue with physics and hope for the best. Just wish my year 10 science teacher and subject co-ordinator hadnt pushed physics on me so much just cause i was coming 1st in science ><

ptrgrgry

HSC
Okay... it sucks that you were allowed to pick up biology at the end of the preliminary and my crappy-povo-rural school wouldn't let me pick up chemistry half-way through the preliminary course!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)