PHYSICS y have you gotten this way? (1 Viewer)

Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi Pi!!
HSC
KANT declared “I maintain that in each natural science there is only as much true science as there is mathematics"

Why then are the BOS so intent on removing the maths from phys and replacing it with a memory test on the stupid dotpoints which by now are so banal and lame.

Am i alone... does anyone else find physics tedious and boring and simply a test on regurgitating syllabus responses which are churned out by tutors all across the state!

FinalFantasy

HSC
ur not alone, i think it's very lame dey took away so much maths... physics now in my opinion is mostly memorising stuff, though u can still 'understand' it and work from it.

lfc_reds2003

oooh i'm going to have to agree to some part as it is the tough calculations where u have to understand the lawas of physics and put them into practice

the written responses can be just learned without understanding what they mean

but of course i understand everything i write :)

but then again the test must have a fair amount of written responses or else ppl who do a lower level of maths may be disadvantaged...

so 1:1 i reckon not this 1:4 or whjatever it is currently

as for Kant ... yeah he is real famous....

Boo_

HSC
i agree, sometimes u understand the stuff, but dnt know how to put it into words...i for one prefer the math side...though they have made it eaiser by removing some of it

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
this complaint has been going on for 4 years. but in the end, it doesnt really matter. yes when we were doing it, we may be pissed off but its just another subject on your way to get into the uni course you wanted - do dot point summaries write miniessays, just because its not real physics doesnt mean you cant get a band 6 or a good uai, which in the end is only useful in letting you into the course you want to do in uni.

you wont care after this year anyway. if you like science and wants to do it in uni, they'll start from scratch, and if you are really really interested , you'll read up on physics on your own anway. just because its not in the hsc doesnt mean you cant learn about it. you wont be in the 1st year of uni going "bloody board of studies... why did they have only 2 calculation question in the final exam...."

although imo, using the excuse that a fair amount of written response must be included so that ppl with a lower level of maths may not b disadvantaged is.... put it this way, why not have an essay question in 4unit maths for those who arent good at maths? why not have some number crunching or picture drawing in english extension for those who arent quite good at english? why not let history students talk about todays events because conjectures about the past is to taxing for a few people? if a subject isnt for a particular person - we all have subject areas that we don't like - don't pick them for the hsc. it's not as if it is yr 7 or yr 8 where all the classes are mandatory.

Boo_

HSC
LOL, u really got it down there, yeah, we dont like how it is, but the subject is still cool!!!

FinalFantasy

HSC
aural_sax05 said:
oooh i'm going to have to agree to some part as it is the tough calculations where u have to understand the lawas of physics and put them into practice

the written responses can be just learned without understanding what they mean

but of course i understand everything i write :)

but then again the test must have a fair amount of written responses or else ppl who do a lower level of maths may be disadvantaged...

so 1:1 i reckon not this 1:4 or whjatever it is currently

as for Kant ... yeah he is real famous....
"but then again the test must have a fair amount of written responses or else ppl who do a lower level of maths may be disadvantaged..."
well it's just like 4unit maths or 4unit english, if not good at maths den dun do it, not good at english den don't do it... unless u really willing to catch up on wat u missing.. that's wat i rekon anyway:)

Robbo_m8

Physics

Yeah, physics is almost applied maths. They've taken the maths away so now its pretty much is applied nothing. With stupid social dot points, learn what assess is. So its actually more applied english than maths. Why dont they take out the essays out of history, if ur gonna take out the maths from physics. Stupid people...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Once you start uni physics you will realise just how easily the first few weeks are due to you already knowing almost all the concepts taught from HSC and prelim physics. Personally I am glad the content is like it is.

FinalFantasy

HSC
velox said:
must we complain?
i think most or all of us aren't "complaining", we are juz talking about how bad it is dat dey took off da maths....

FinalFantasy

HSC
velox said:
Yeah but im sick of this debate.
hahaha ic, well that person who started da thread is a "new member".. everyone can have their freedom of speech:p
just ignore it or something lolz

Boo_

HSC
velox said:
Yeah but im sick of this debate.
Same, Keeps going round in circles, how bout we accept the fact that the syllabus is how it is, and even if we could change it, it wouldn't effect us (2005 class) anyway. new debate on physics...

AtOm

Sucked in!

I loved physics, but to my great disappointment the syllabus changed and we dont get to use the big laser that burns thru stuff.

so i dropped physics. Thats it.

Boo_

HSC
Invincible Tony said:
I loved physics, but to my great disappointment the syllabus changed and we dont get to use the big laser that burns thru stuff.

so i dropped physics. Thats it.
HAHA!!! yeah, gotta love lasers

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I've just come to accept it. Yeah it sucks, but the syllabus is pretty easy so just learn it and kill the exam. If you need the stimulation of higher order physics then do as I do and look to university texts. Problem solved...kinda...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)