Pimples Help (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
actually ill retract the $80 comment
the skin serum if i remember correctly was around $30-$35 for a 10mL bottle and the moisturiser was i think $20

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
jemsta said:
actually ill retract the $80 comment
the skin serum if i remember correctly was around $30-$35 for a 10mL bottle and the moisturiser was i think $20
Oh yeah that sounds about right.

I usually get the 5 mL so it doesn't sound like it costs much. :p My pharmacy sells them for $17.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
politik said:
Can anyone recommend a good Dermatologist? And are they particularly expensive?
get a GP referral if u can.. tell them ure concerns about acne.. then its covered by medicare.. and u dun have to pay so much.. unless u have like good private health cover..then contact them directly..

yes they are... but given the results.. u might find its worth it..
also if the solution sounds a lil easy... errr on the side of caution.. :)

about roaccutane/oratane.. it does change lives and work.. there is a minority with problems.. but its how u prioritise life...

one time i was told by a patient given the choice between pain from osteoarthritis and a heart attack .. they would have easily taken the risk of a heart attack.. and they wish they were given the choice.

jazzmuzik

HSC
i find diet affects pimples a lot. I know they say chocolate and such doesnt cause pimples, well i'm positive it does affect it. If you eat a lot of junk food it affects your skin, well it definately does for me.So watch what you eat, a lot of fruit and veges and not much fats. Another miracle wonder that works for most people....

water! water! water! water! and more water!... drink it drink it drink it!
no matter if you reckon you drink enough drink more :)
(it helps more than just your skin)

G

Gavvvvvin

runtlocks said:
No bloody way would I put my kids on the drug, and I'm talking on personal experience here. And personally i think you're a bit obsessed.
If my kids had acne I'd drag their asses down to the dermo. I wish my parents would've done the same for me =\

But Roaccutane inst too bad. For the first week my face was insanely dry and felt like it was about to fall off, but that was probably due to the fact I didn't take my doctors advice and start moisturizing in advance. But after that everything went back to normal and there is no side effects lip balm wont take care of :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
dunno if anyone has mentioned www.acne.org yet, try that site. The regime doesnt work miracles, but it seems to keep my skin in check ok.

isograph

HSC
Some people seem prepared to spend so much on anything to get rid of acne, i think its just a process of trial and error - what works for some people doesnt work for others.
I only use a face wash, then a cheap moisturiser (vitamin e) because i found washing my face every day really dried out my skin and it just wasnt healthy, which made things worse.

Tete-De-Chou

HSC
Toner is great for tightening the pores. Especially Witch-Hazel!

I did the toothpaste thing on blemishes, and it left a huge dry patch of bumpy, scaly skin in between my eyebrows =(.

Tea-tree is great for spotting on pimples.
Stingose is not. (I would have to be the only person stupid enough to put Stingose on a pimple. People, do not do this!)

Also, steaming your face is pretty good. Just fill up a basin with hot water, (maybe with some essential oils in it, I used tea-tree before I couldn't handle the smell any longer), put your face above the basin where the steam is, and whack a towel over your head to prevent steam escaping. Make sure you can breathe.

Ummm. trying to think of anything I may have forgotten...

Try to refrain from wearing lots of make up? And keep your hair clean, especially if it's on your face alot.

Honey masks are good for smoothing the skin.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

CieL

HSC
Gotta be careful on toner.. for me [I prolly have weird skin], but I get pimples on two extremes, either if it's too oily [normal] or too dry [is this normal? heh].. and toner dries up my skin hell alot..

Makeup is bad.. I heard that mineral foundation is better than the normal foundations in terms of irritation and "breathability".. cos smothering your pimples aint going to help it heal..

I cant think of anything else atm either..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)