Places to study apart from the library? (1 Viewer)

halapenyo

HSC
could someone who knows UNSW really well name some other places where i can study instead of the library. just curious because i have noticed the last few days that the library gets extremely busy during the middle of the day and i struggle to find a place to study there.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I like studying in the ASB, personally. I know some people find tute rooms which are not being used and study in there.

halapenyo

HSC
Asb,tyree, an empty classroom, red centre
also is there like a mini library inside the law building. because i see people studying in there when im on the main walkway

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
also is there like a mini library inside the law building. because i see people studying in there when im on the main walkway
yea there's a library in there, i go study there sometimes as well, pretty good place and usually quiet

1titanic

HSC
Starting form the unsw main library head down to the Mathews Arcade (food court) and towards the right hand side there should be a little opening where you can enter and study there. I think they call it student lounge? Correct me if I'm wrong. However depending on the time it can be noisy at times!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
you mean that area with the glass walls/windows

that's... part of the library, i think.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I used to go to ASB around the outer areas (on upper floors) where there are wide chairs and powerpoints. If you are there early in the morning then you might be able to get a room as well.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Starting form the unsw main library head down to the Mathews Arcade (food court) and towards the right hand side there should be a little opening where you can enter and study there. I think they call it student lounge? Correct me if I'm wrong. However depending on the time it can be noisy at times!
do you mean the place next to CLB and Southern Wok where you have to swipe your card

1titanic

HSC
do you mean the place next to CLB and Southern Wok where you have to swipe your card
Umm... god I sound so lost even Shadowdude doesn't know it exists :D

You don't need to swipe your card. To the left of the Mathews Theatre A building, there's a food court area- the Mathews Arcade and if you walk on the right hand side, go down a bit further and turn right there's seats where you can sit down and study or hang out. I'm not sure if people call it the 'Student Lounge'. I apologize for confusing you because I'm not good at giving directions.

BUT depending on the time sometimes its area is loud!

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Umm... god I sound so lost even Shadowdude doesn't know it exists :D

You don't need to swipe your card. To the left of the Mathews Theatre A building, there's a food court area- the Mathews Arcade and if you walk on the right hand side, go down a bit further and turn right there's seats where you can sit down and study or hang out. I'm not sure if people call it the 'Student Lounge'. I apologize for confusing you because I'm not good at giving directions.

BUT depending on the time sometimes its area is loud!
That is the basement of the Matthews building. Turn right at the Westpac ATM in the food court.

TheStallion

HSC
not recommended if you're an attractive woman

unless you like being eye-fucked by every guy in the room

(luv dat male/female ratio in cse)
+1000 most cse guys are freaks, if a hot chick goes anywhere near a cse lab or lecture they'll just stare at her

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)