• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

plagiarism (2 Viewers)

zaxmacks

HSC
As I said while it may not be plagiarism, if it is prohibited by the uni plagiarism policy and will be treated as if it is then thats all the OP needs to know. Honestly stop being so pedantic about the word, even law students don't argue this much over semantics. The OP did not want to have a long convo about whether it is stricly plagiarism, they wanted to know if they would be punished for it!
Thanks... I've already came to that conclusion.

zaxmacks

HSC
Yes but you're the one who is so concerned over it, they were replying to you. The moral of the story is, just don't do it!
It's more a desire to argue, then me being concerned. It's a bad personality trait I have. haha

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
As I said while it may not be plagiarism, if it is prohibited by the uni plagiarism policy and will be treated as if it is then thats all the OP needs to know. Honestly stop being so pedantic about the word, even law students don't argue this much over semantics. The OP did not want to have a long convo about whether it is stricly plagiarism, they wanted to know if they would be punished for it!
most policies are actually called 'academic dishonesty' or some variant rather than 'plagiarism', so the argument is about the wrong term anyway. it may not strictly be plagiarism to recycle your own work, but it is certainly academically dishonest to present work you did in a previous course as if it is new material, so the moral of the story is don't do it.

Dawn65

HSC
N/A
Yep....Dont like punishment! Prefer to avoid embarressment at all costs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)