Plain packaging on cigarettes (1 Viewer)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Plain packaging will just encourage young children to doodle on their parents' plain packaged cigarette cartons with crayons.

Smoking toddlers everywhere.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
if they banned hideous art on ed hardy shirts, or oversized D&G logos on handbags, these things would clearly be less popular with stupid people (their target market)

will removal of branding have the same effect on cigs? discuss.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
yeah okay because clothing is addictive no

dumb theory
the current legislation already prevents shops from displaying cigarettes, there's no possible way the branding can be relevant to attracting people to buy cigarettes right now

so the only possible effect it could have is diminishing the appeal of a particular brand as a symbol of some kind for the person walking around with it

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
The tobacco industry is spending millions of dollars to spread that message.

Millions of dollars invested to spread the message about how confident they are that they will not lose millions of dollars of revenue if this policy is introduced.
because they can't compete with each other, not because it will reduce smoking.

Lentern

HSC
this will literally have zero effect on me

I just ask for the same ones I always ask for

that was a really stupid post
Why did you not block him? There was a campaign for it and everything.

Existential

HSC
N/A
errm the effect on smokers themselves will be pretty negligible hey
this will literally have zero effect on me

I just ask for the same ones I always ask for

that was a really stupid post
it certainly won't boost smoking rates, and there's no legitimate reason why smokes deserve their own packaging. now smoking has basically been stripped of its last piece of dignity, the next steps will be restricting smoking further and further (maybe even leading to prohibition). and if it has no effect on you, you and others wouldn't be rage posting in this thread against it.

Last edited:

Existential

HSC
N/A
Why did you not block him? There was a campaign for it and everything.
obviously most people havent blocked me. if people disgree with me they should still argue their case and legitimately address my argument. blocking me is cowardly. u seem to be the only person not responding to my comments but still commenting about me publically. your strategy here seems a little illogical and unsupported.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
it certainly won't boost smoking rates, and there's no legitimate reason why smokes deserve their own packaging. now smoking has basically been stripped of its last piece of dignity, the next steps will be restricting smoking further and further (maybe even leading to prohibition). and if it has no effect on you, you and others wouldn't be rage posting in this thread against it.
Next they will tell mcdonalds they can not supply toys with their happy meals.

And i will not be a happy pappy.

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
The government would never ban it because a) prohibition has never worked, ever. b) there'd be a $5 bn hole in the budget.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
With the Coalition backing this proposition it's looking worryingly real!
Tbh I don't think the packaging shall be a deterrent of any sort. Do people really smoke because of a nifty pack? No. It's their addiction.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
Please expand on this retarded line of thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)