• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Please help me, i dont know what to do with my friend. hes about to go. hes depresed (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Too much reading. Any chance of a summary?

lagzor

HSC
he wants to off himself. but hes asking people out there to help others with his type of prob. like, he doesnt care about him anymore, he just wants other people to get help

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Re: Please help me, i dont know what to do with my friend. hes about to go. hes depre

Stupid fucking HSC, it's Julie Bishop and that Tebbut bitch who should die, screwing with the heads of thousands of HSC students with an outdated crappy education system.

-P_D

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
tell as many people as you can than, his parents, whole family, friends, the school. Call the police or the hospital if you have to. Once everyone knows, he will be basically forced to get help.

Last edited by a moderator:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Unless he's doing it for attention, in which case you have fallen into his trap.

Sabbo

HSC
Re: Please help me, i dont know what to do with my friend. hes about to go. hes depre

There's quite a number of hotlines he/you can call

Life Line 13 11 14 (24hrs)

More on the bottom of the page here (24 hr services):

http://www.lifeline.org.au/suicide_prevention/helping_someone_at_risk_of_suicide

If you have a feeling he is really going to go through with it, as suggested, contact the police or someone close to him that can intervene...better safe than sorry

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC

i doubt how real this is.. something doesnt quite seem right.

what a hypocrite - oh im ganna off myself without seeking help, but others need to do the exact opposite? pfft.
if it is true - many people struggle with the hsc, but don't resort to offing themselves. clearly theres alot more going on behind-the-scenes in this kids life for him to feel this way, be it medical or otherwise.

if that was posted by my friend, i wouldnt be wasting time asking advice on an internet forum.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC

I'd be off telling someone so they could get him help (his parents, your school, drag him off to a doctor, scream it from the roof tops if you have to).

He could be looking for attention or he could be serious, but you cant be sure either way. It's better to treat it as if he is serious because it's better to be safe than sorry.

edit: also you could call kids help line and ask them for advice

Last edited:

Skeeta

HSC

He is crying for help.

Get it for him.

Edit: When i say that, i dont mean it is up to YOU to help him.
He needs a therapist/help from his parents/school etc etc etc

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lagzor said:
http://segmentsfromsuicide.blogspot.com/

take a look at that. hes started that and he told me about it. ive been trying to help him. but i think hes beyond help.
he can't be beyond help.
how have you been trying to help him? it's not something you can do alone.
I ask anyone that reads this to find that friend that is sad, alone or just not right. And talk to them, ask them, don’t back down after they tell you their fine. Keep at it. I would give anything for people to do this to others.
take his advice?

google some advice, such as this page,
http://www.lifeline.org.au/suicide_prevention/helping_someone_at_risk_of_suicide
http://depression.about.com/cs/suicideprevent/a/suicidal.htm
they generally say to assess the danger (ask them directly if they have plans and what their plans are) and go from there. let him know you care and never lecture or minimise his problems, listening is good enough. ultimately, whether he's in immediate danger or not, this has been going on for a while and his blog is asking for help. try and talk him into coming with you to see someone, such as a GP, i'm not sure who else you can go to visit, maybe try calling your local health clinic and see what their procedures are. try getting him to call lifeline.

don't give up! good luck
Exphate said:
Seriously though, if you dial 000 they will send an ambulance to pick him up.
wouldn't they only do that if he was in immediate danger?

Last edited:

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I had that Micharl Carr-Gregg guy spoken to my year about this issue. The HSC is ranked the 25th most stressful thing in life..........that not worth giving up your life for.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC

z600 said:
I had that Micharl Carr-Gregg guy spoken to my year about this issue. The HSC is ranked the 25th most stressful thing in life..........that not worth giving up your life for.
What's the most stressful thing in life then?

Just asking, is all.

P_Dilemma

HSC

S1M0 said:

Just asking, is all.
public speaking?

-P_D

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC

i would say the HSC would be alot higher.

not too many other stressful things last almost 2 years.

P_Dilemma

HSC

DeathB4Life said:

AHH, yeah, the questions was referring to ones entire lifetime, not the HSC years.

-P_D

z600

Sigh.....
HSC

S1M0 said:

Just asking, is all.
Death of a spouse

gracie007

HSC

noone can be "beyond help" if they have depression. depression is cureable. he can get help if he needs it. would u rather force him to get help now, and tell people and have him upset over that but have a chance to get better, OR regret not doing anything after its too late. think about it.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC

if hes got access to firearms or weapons... or sumfing to kill himself with..

yeah depressed state due to sumfing lik the HSC is normal.. its when its persistant that ppl worry..lots of things to cure too

once its over its good..=) just mabbe give up on this yr..and do yr 12 next yr?.. thats a solution.. they can go do other things.. and have a break..

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC

DeathB4Life said:

haha you've got to be kidding me!

the hsc is nothing when you compare it to a million other possible stressors in life, and there are heaps that last more than a year or two.

if the hsc was one of the highest stressers then life would be a breeze.

if you're friend is really struggling to cope with the HSC and everything else, maybe you could suggest he do pathways so he'd have less work this work year? its an idea :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)