• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Please help me (1 Viewer)

laura_hill

HSC
I am currently studying year 12 at a country high school with approximately 200 kids - in the whole school 7 to 12 - not just my year and i was wondering if i stil have a chance of getting a decent ATAR?

I want to do environmental science or something similar and i am Studying Adv English, Ext 1 eng, Maths 2u, Maths ext 1, Physics, Bio and primary industries but i am concerned whether i wil get the marks i nedd/want.

in my first asesment in 2u maths - 97%
Bio 88%
Physics 90%
All based on external exams so it is not just giving easy tests.

Has anyone else been through a small school and done well, or badly? Any sories are useful.

Thanks

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Aim for as high as you can, and especialy aim for first.

This is because if you are 1st, the students in your school do not affect you at all. And there are plenty examples of country high school students getting high ATARs.

If you're good enough, you'll get the ATAR you deserve :)

Oh and would you be able to find out the rank of your school - use the lists from 2008 and before.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC

This is because if you are 1st, the students in your school do not affect you at all. And there are plenty examples of country high school students getting high ATARs.

Oh and would you be able to find out the rank of your school - use the lists from 2008 and before.
Yep :)

You'll be fine, just maintain a good rank.

Klutsov

HSC

If you're good enough, you'll get the ATAR you deserve :)quote]

+1

Aim for first, and anything can be possible

ValentinesM

HSC
Work hard to raise your rank to as high as possible and maintain it. Make sure you do past papers (trials + HSC). Good luck!!

kyokaku92

HSC
Just on those marks alone gives you a good rank so far so keep up the good work and that 90+ ATAR will come eventually :party:

Epic

HSC
There are plenty of country highschools ranked in the top 200. Don't think that you're at a complete disadvantage, as long as you work hard you will be fine.

shady145

Banned
HSC

why not 2009? Oo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)