• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Please see this, letter to adrian piccoli, minister of education (4 Viewers)

tigerian

HSC
N/A
why change the English syllabus or style when its already good . Its fine as it is and very good and effective

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
I think instead of wasting your time on a letter (which they will ignore imho), you should work on your English. It's the only spanner in the works for that .95 right? I mean someone with your IQ can play the subject of English I'm sure...

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
They have to warn that the syllabus will be change a year in advanced. So if your letter was going to work it would be for 2014.

deswa1

HSC
You say that you will force english to remain compulsory but that it won't count and then you say that people will still be forced to learn it and become literal. Why? This actually makes no sense. Say if english didn't have to count to my ATAR- why would I put any effort into it whatsoever? Stuff it being compulsory- the only reason why I spend a lot more time on english than my other subs now is because I know that english is my weakest and that if I put effort into it, I will improve. If it doesn't have to count- I would do nothing and settle for like a B5 or something and focus on other subs.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Not you spiral, atar90plus. Gah. Sorry dude just pisses me off how everyones like THIS IS TRASHY IDEA, PIECE OF SHIT, NOONE WILL ACCEPT.

smik11

HSC
School kids should be taught the basics of grammar instead of focusing on ideas imo.

hayabusaboston

HSC
YES ITS A FUCKING POINTLESS IDEA okay.
And deswa uni courses would have english minimums, so you'd have to get a particular score in english if u want to do that course. It just allows flexibility for uni's in choosing kids.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
YES ITS A FUCKING POINTLESS IDEA okay.
And deswa uni courses would have english minimums, so you'd have to get a particular score in english if u want to do that course. It just allows flexibility for uni's in choosing kids.
So your practically saying they should stop making english compulsory towards your atar however it should still count towards your uni entrance?
Kind of contradictory? :/

hayabusaboston

HSC
No trolling attempt. I attempted to separate english from general academic ability, because I think language competence is a skill, not something which should be indicative of your intellectual abilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)