• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Poetry is stupid (1 Viewer)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Of course, you're totally allowed to say what you think about Eliot but okay, we get the point that you (and all your alter ego's) don't like him and/or his poetry. Case closed. Get. Over. It.

Sorry, I realise how mean that sounds.

HSC
m0ofin said:
Of course, you're totally allowed to say what you think about Eliot but okay, we get the point that you (and all your alter ego's) don't like him and/or his poetry. Case closed. Get. Over. It.

Sorry, I realise how mean that sounds.
dw, we're not offended...

Live.fast, ignor4mus and I just love an argument, lol, its feels good to argue wif other people, especially when u rip them .....lol

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
my one and only point:
even if you think Eliot sucks, which in my opinion he doesn't, don't associate him with all poetry.

poetry does not suck, in fact it is the sophisticated and more refined version of prose.

the end.

HSC
Tulipa said:
my one and only point:
even if you think Eliot sucks, which in my opinion he doesn't, don't associate him with all poetry.

poetry does not suck, in fact it is the sophisticated and more refined version of prose.

the end.
yeh, live.fast, u should have named this thread Eliot sucks, or something along those lines, bu do not make the mistake into thinking that all poetry sucks.

It's just that Eliot becomes ambiguous in the "Hollow Men" at times, thru his overuse of allusions, and hence, meaning can be lost...if u have analysed the poem in detail, u would noe how amny texts, and authors he has references to

But yeh, poetry is alright in my opinion, i don't have a problem with it, its just that Eliot could be calssified as over ambitious in his use of techniques, especially allusion

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i didn't do Eliot in high school, just read him recreationally.

i personally enjoy ambiguous poetry, there's something in the way a poet draws these obscurely beautiful parallels and allusions to create an image or make a point that really makes poetry stand out.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
the pospinator said:
nice ignor4mus, couldn't have said it better myself.

Finally someone agrees wif me, that Elito's overuse of allusions is a credit to his stupidity.

Anhyway, like i said soulsearcher, we would think of a way to destroy ur post...feel free to fight back

let the argunment continue

GO THE AUSSIES:)

And by the way, Hollow Men is an infringement of copyright laws
Nah, we know that you guys hate T.S. Eliot, can't change your viewpoint, can't be fucked to change it.

sleepplease

HSC
Tulipa said:
there's something in the way a poet draws these obscurely beautiful parallels and allusions to create an image or make a point that really makes poetry stand out.
quoted for it's truth

live.fast

HSC
N/A
So in conclusion, at the end of it all, considering all the evidence and arguments put forward, only one real conclusion can be drawn from all of this.

Eliot was a gay man =)

ign0r4mus

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
He was married to 3 different women. Explain that :)
Straight men turn gay...what do you think happened with live.fast??

HSC
Ok, here it is. This will finally end the argument, and prove Eliot's stupidity. This is something live.fast and I came up with. Live.fast proposed that we could prove that Eliot is gay, mathematically and algebraiclly...so here it is.

T.S Eliot =
limit as x approaches g
as z approaches y

(root 2) x (2x 2) x a x (d ( z2)
( x ) ( root 8) (dz ( 2 )

Where a is a constant

(the x in italics is a pronumeral, the normal x just means multiplied)

sorry for the cheapiness, couldn't upload a file, stupid browser

Do the working out, do the math, and u wll get the final answer....full stop, end of discussion, but feel free to flame, i'll just flame back...lol

HSC
let me explain the sum....

it is supposed to be.....

root 2/x multiplied by 2x squared/root 8 multiplied by a(constant) multiplied by the derivative of a half z squared

simplify....

u get (2x squared root 2)/ 2x root 2 multied by a, multiplied by z

simplify again..... it all cancels out

ur left with x multiplied by a multiplied by z

= xaz

now, sub in ur limiting factors, i.e: g for x and y for z

xaz= gay

therefroe, Eliot = gay

again, sorry for the cheapiness

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
But all I'm asking is that you guys back up claims like that with actual proof.
if u look thru the thread soulsearcher, u will see that we have made very valid statements, and not all the statements that are made can be backed up with proff as they are subjective....that means modified by individual bias... therefore, i am not surpirsed we haven't used proof, otherwise, i'd probably have a clone if he though the exact same way as me

besides, we don't need proof, anybody in their right mind noes that Eliot's poem "The Hollow Men" is ambiguous, and he overambitiously uses techniques such as allusions to make him sound smart...kinda like tautology, in a poetic way

ign0r4mus

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
He was never straight in the first place :)

But all I'm asking is that you guys back up claims like that with actual proof.
Back up claims with actual proof? It was just sarcasm, again. It thought it was clearly evident. Jokes dont require proof as back up. Thats why they're jokes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)