• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Police regarding the shooting at maccas (1 Viewer)

tattoodguy

did u guys hear something about? charging or arresting a dude in relation to the shooting based on an eye witnesss...

and now the charges have been dropped?

and now he is sueing police maybe? anyone heard anything about this?

tattoodguy

also ..i heard some prisoners ..over took a jail taking some hostages........

hopefuly this will expose our governments mismanagment of our jails....

good work prisoners.

from what i heard...they were asking for........rehabilitation and shit like that......

fucking helll.........that should already be provided...

Scanorama

HSC
tattoodguy said:

good work prisoners.

from what i heard...they were asking for........rehabilitation and shit like that......

This happens in one of the maximum security jail in Tasmania.

Siege prisoners threaten to chop warder's fingers
By Robyn Grace
May 8, 2005
The Sun-Herald

Tensions at Hobart's Risdon prison erupted yesterday when 10 inmates seized control of a reception area, taking a warder and three prisoners hostage.

As negotiations stretched into the night, the hostage takers threatened to cut off the warder's fingers one by one unless their demands were met.

It is the second time in less than two weeks that inmates have been taken hostage at the maximum security jail.

Yesterday's crisis began when a group of prisoners took over the jail's reception area at 2.45pm.

In telephone calls to the ABC, they demanded the resignation of Tasmanian Attorney-General Judy Jackson and the state's Director of Prisons Graeme Barber and demanded shadow Attorney-General Michael Hodgman attend the prison.

Former inmate Tony Bull, who has been in mobile phone contact with the hostage takers, said they were losing patience after food was not delivered by 6.30pm.

"At the moment, the officer's hand is on the table," Mr Bull said. "I'd say he's not far from losing a finger."

But a food delivery handed to an inmate through the prison gates shortly after 8pm appeared to defuse the threat.

In a telephone call relayed through Mr Bull, one of the prisoners - identified only as Brett - said the prison officer had not been harmed.

"He's safe at the moment, but if things turn bad then he won't be," Brett said.

"All we want is for Graeme Barber and Judy Jackson to resign. We want people to run the jail that are going to run the jail, not people who are a law unto themselves and do as they please."

Brett said that the prisoners were watching television and drinking coffee "but we're ready to rock and roll at the drop of a hat".

"There is no way anybody can get to the hostages before the people who have got them surrounded get to them and do whatever they're going to do to them."

He said the prisoners were prepared to hold out as long as it took for their demands to be met.

Tensions at the prison - which houses mass murderer Martin Bryant who killed 35 people in a 1996 shooting spree at Port Arthur - have been building for some time.

A week ago, a prisoner took two other inmates hostage for seven hours before authorities were able to release them.
For the prisoners, rehabilitation are never good enough for them. To them, let me go free is a great way of rehabilitation.

tattoodguy

i heard that a dude.........was eye witnessed in the shooting or something....

he had an alli by and the police didnt investigate it properly.

i was horrified when i read this.

if you wrongfully eye witness someone....................u should be put in jail....

im not sure of the exact facts???????????but did anyone here soemthing about this?

When ever there could be a police stuff up ----------- its never reported...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
tattoodguy said:

good work prisoners.

Rehabilitation does not work. People who reoffend should be locked up for life. If you do something bad enough to be put in jail you have no right to complain.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
3 strikes your out...

fucking get the crims out of society

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
or a one way ticket to sodomy in a prison shower room
i think anyone who goes through that wont commit again... i think sodomy should be an integral part in the criminal punishment system

santaslayer

HSC
tattoodguy said:
did u guys hear something about? charging or arresting a dude in relation to the shooting based on an eye witnesss...

and now the charges have been dropped?

and now he is sueing police maybe? anyone heard anything about this?
Better off sueing the witness?

Indirect false arrest?...Just thinking...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
AtticusFinch said:
or a one way ticket to sodomy in a prison shower room
i think anyone who goes through that wont commit again... i think sodomy should be an integral part in the criminal punishment system
Yeah thats a good deterent, but what if there gay? Would that really stop them or encourage them to break the law

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Korn said:
Yeah thats a good deterent, but what if there gay? Would that really stop them or encourage them to break the law
Gay people dont break the law stupid!

tattoodguy

why are you all such pussies? so what if we have crims in society ...
most crims are harmlesss....................... or had a good reason to commmit the crime. they shoudlnt even be in jail.

If you go to jail...........and the government controls u....24 hours a day for a few years...and they have the oppportunity to rehabilitate you.......but they chooose....instead to subject u to voilence

its the fucking governments fault if you reoffend. They could have fixed the problem...but they chose not tooo.

so fuck any 3 strike law thing.

As i have told u before --- a large portion of voilent criminals ---------------are victims of crime...............they should have the right to commmit crime..and not be punished.....................it might sound drastic.........but its fair and its justice.

rehabilitatioin does work........i read something about...........if you get a diploma in jail...it cuts ur chances of reoffending

and if you do a degreee...........it cuts it even further.

That dude........ford who testified in bali.............he got sliced.............and he is on remand? i dont think he has even beeeen found guilty of anything........and he is being assulted in jail?

thats fucking bulll shit.

but back to the macdonalds thing --- did anyone here about this case? the part about..charging someone.....and later droppping the charges?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
tattoodguy said:
why are you all such pussies? so what if we have crims in society ...
most crims are harmlesss....................... or had a good reason to commmit the crime. they shoudlnt even be in jail.

If you go to jail...........and the government controls u....24 hours a day for a few years...and they have the oppportunity to rehabilitate you.......but they chooose....instead to subject u to voilence

its the fucking governments fault if you reoffend. They could have fixed the problem...but they chose not tooo.

so fuck any 3 strike law thing.

As i have told u before --- a large portion of voilent criminals ---------------are victims of crime...............they should have the right to commmit crime..and not be punished.....................it might sound drastic.........but its fair and its justice.

rehabilitatioin does work........i read something about...........if you get a diploma in jail...it cuts ur chances of reoffending

and if you do a degreee...........it cuts it even further.

That dude........ford who testified in bali.............he got sliced.............and he is on remand? i dont think he has even beeeen found guilty of anything........and he is being assulted in jail?

thats fucking bulll shit.

but back to the macdonalds thing --- did anyone here about this case? the part about..charging someone.....and later droppping the charges?
Look you need to acknowledge that ur comments have quite alot of bias in them as you know ppl that have been in jail

tattoodguy

ummmmm its not about that......its not about being bias. I dont know much pppple who went to jail just a couple here and there.

but this is about justice and stuff.

IF we say bashing and rape is wrong ------------ then why dont we teach prisoners that...by making a safe environment ------------why dont we rehabiliate people.
being locked up away from many freedoms is sufficient punishment.

Realisticly there could be innocent pppple like me and yourselves in there......its just about thinking of other people.

Its also about understanding that people fuck up from time to time. Any one of us could do something very stupid, ....................even decent ppple can fuck up........but if they do..................we should let them go..unless they do something really really bad.

but there is no justification to send pettty minor criminals to jail for a first offence.

Our government is sending ppppppppple to jail......for nothing......but to appear harsh on crime. Its just dumb.

how do we expect criminals to get better -----------when we have them locked up surrounded by voilence ----------------its fucking dumb.

Secondly, im very against our government ----- breaking the law and treating our citizens even those in jail..............like shit.

Espeically when the crimes of alot of ppple in jail......are so minor compared to the actions of...............our politicians and police................we should demand more accountability from our government.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
tattoodguy said:
ummmmm its not about that......its not about being bias. I dont know much pppple who went to jail just a couple here and there.

but this is about justice and stuff.

IF we say bashing and rape is wrong ------------ then why dont we teach prisoners that...by making a safe environment ------------why dont we rehabiliate people.
being locked up away from many freedoms is sufficient punishment.

Realisticly there could be innocent pppple like me and yourselves in there......its just about thinking of other people.

Its also about understanding that people fuck up from time to time. Any one of us could do something very stupid, ....................even decent ppple can fuck up........but if they do..................we should let them go..unless they do something really really bad.

but there is no justification to send pettty minor criminals to jail for a first offence.

Our government is sending ppppppppple to jail......for nothing......but to appear harsh on crime. Its just dumb.

how do we expect criminals to get better -----------when we have them locked up surrounded by voilence ----------------its fucking dumb.

Secondly, im very against our government ----- breaking the law and treating our citizens even those in jail..............like shit.

Espeically when the crimes of alot of ppple in jail......are so minor compared to the actions of...............our politicians and police................we should demand more accountability from our government.
What do you classify as petty crime??

tattoodguy

petty crime -----

minor assults..espeicaly when u didnt start the fight if you just give someone a couple of punches...cos they deserve it........so what.

domestic voilence. --- cos anyone coudl just snap in hit there gf etc.

petty drug dealing and...........drug possession. if you just sell drugs to ur freinds etc.....................big fucking deal.

break and enter.......when people arnt home.

shop lifting.

stealing a car.

alot of road offences ........espeiclaly when no one was hurt.

alot of white collar crime.

To me all these things are very pettty.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
You wouldn't regard them as 'petty' if it happened to you.

Domestic violence? Petty? You've got to be kidding.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Argonaut said:
Don't forget, tattoodguy thinks rape is OK as long as the victim deserves it (I'm yet to work out how someone is deemed as having 'deserved' is, and who actually works it out), so I doubt he'd let something as small as domestic violence against women bother him.
Yeah, she mustnt know tattoo very well, maybe rape is allowed if the victim isnt white (he has stated he is white supremist)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)