Political standings of Uni students. (2 Viewers)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well in regards to some drugs, we already do have all the facts.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
xONBROKENWINGSx said:
your insolence leads me to the conclusion that you agree with the points i listed. Therefore, die.
It's just the way you try to demonise and misrepresent people is unbelievable.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
xONBROKENWINGSx said:
open minded isnt necessarily a good thing.
open minded to lowering the legal age of consent?
open minded to legalizing drugs?
open minded to letting minorities rape this great country?
sure, lefties are very open minded to these things
Open minded in a way that they are open to new ideas and viewpoints about these matters, yes.

Being closed minded means that your opinion on the matter will never change no matter what new ideas/facts/perspectives are put forward.

Which is more dangerous?

ps. What is wrong with all those points you put forward?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
JaredR said:
Yes, university students are by large more leftward leaning, though interestingly safe Liberal seats such as North Sydney boast some of the highest levels of university degrees per capita which suggests that these students grow up, get a bit of sense (and on occasion a bit of money) and realise the wrongs of their past and start voting Liberal...
ur a ponce
:wave:

nikolas

HSC
Kwayera said:
Well in regards to some drugs, we already do have all the facts.
Well in that case you've made an informed decision. Rather than a close minded one.

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Open minded in a way that they are open to new ideas and viewpoints about these matters, yes.

Being closed minded means that your opinion on the matter will never change no matter what new ideas/facts/perspectives are put forward.

Which is more dangerous?

ps. What is wrong with all those points you put forward?
obvious troll is obvious, if not ...o_O

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
xONBROKENWINGSx said:
For the record, you're the one who looks like they're trolling.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
xONBROKENWINGSx said:
I'm putting off physics studying so I'll take some time to elaborate.

Why not? A lot of different countries and states have different laws regarding the legal age of consent. In some countries it is lower than Australia's. Why is that? We should look into the reasoning behind why this is the case and if the reasoning seems logical, why not adopt it?

By making drugs illegal are we really addressing the issue of substance abuse? There are some drugs which are so harmful that I do not believe they should ever be legalized. eg.ice, heroin. But by legalizing a drug such as marijuana can prove to be beneficial. Governments can regulate the amount and quality of the drug instead of leaving that to the dealers. Also, there was an economic forum a while back with some of the world's top economists agreeing that marijuana should be legalized (from an economic standpoint). So should it be at least considered?

This could mean a number of things... =]
Do you mean loose immigration laws?

Last edited:
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
I'm putting off physics studying so I'll take some time to elaborate.

Why not? A lot of different countries and states have different laws regarding the legal age of consent. In some countries it is lower than Australia's. Why is that? We should look into the reasoning behind why this is the case and if the reasoning seems logical, why not adopt it?

By making drugs illegal are we really addressing the issue of substance abuse? There are some drugs which are so harmful that I do not believe they should ever be legalized. eg.ice, heroin. But by legalizing a drug such as marijuana can prove to be beneficial. Governments can regulate the amount and quality of the drug instead of leaving that to the dealers. Also, there was an economic forum a while back with some of the world's top economists agreeing that marijuana should be legalized (from an economic standpoint). So should it be at least considered?

This could mean a number of things... =]
Do you mean loose immigration laws?
i disagree, slippery slope, and you are basically opening the gates for pedophiles.Victims will become younger and younger etc. also, increased pregnancy at younger age - slurries living off centre link etc etc there are so many points against this i don't have the intention of listing them all

again, slippery slope, why not legalize them all? pot is a gateway drug no arguments about it, legalizing it just makes it appear to be morally right on the eyes of kids so more people will grow up doing it. When mandatory minimum sentences were removed the government promised that crims would still get harsh sentences...look whats happening now. So with your argument on regulating supply, thats an air head argument that will never play out in reality.

i cbf i could writ ea book on this, lets just say we are catering to the minorities thanks to the bureaucrats

nikolas

HSC
The slippery slope is a common logical fallacy (and a variant on the argument from adverse consequences) that asks for a prohibition or curtailment on something based on a cascading series of undesired results

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
That argument against lowering the age of consent is retarded. The fact is pedophiles will continue to commit crimes regardless of whether the Age of consent was 14/16 whatever, and young sluts are still going to be young sluts. The best reason to keep it where it is because most people under the age of 16 are most certainly not mature enough to have sex, and if the fact it's illegal prevents it from occuring to some extent, that's a good thing.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
xONBROKENWINGSx said:
i disagree, slippery slope, and you are basically opening the gates for pedophiles.Victims will become younger and younger etc. also, increased pregnancy at younger age - slurries living off centre link etc etc there are so many points against this i don't have the intention of listing them all
What? Wow dude, the age of consent doesn't have anything to do with pregnancy rates.

EDIT: What Riet said. Also I love how you automatically assume it's the FEMALES who are the only "slurries" underage. Takes two to tango.

nikolas

HSC
As far as I'm concerned keeping an open mind is always a good thing...

...i know, paradoxical.

HSC
Riet said:
That argument against lowering the age of consent is retarded. The fact is pedophiles will continue to commit crimes regardless of whether the Age of consent was 14/16 whatever, and young sluts are still going to be young sluts. The best reason to keep it where it is because most people under the age of 16 are most certainly not mature enough to have sex, and if the fact it's illegal prevents it from occuring to some extent, that's a good thing.
more people would be open about it. This is just one of many arguments

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
xONBROKENWINGSx said:
more people would be open about it. This is just one of many arguments
In case you didn't get the memo, there's nothing wrong with being open about sex.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
He was talking about pedophiles?

HSC
Trefoil said:
In case you didn't get the memo, there's nothing wrong with being open about sex.
Not open about sex, open about pedophilia. In time it would become socially acceptable for a 35 yo to sex a young teen, look at the patterns of history and what happens when major changes to the law are made, society as a whole changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)