Pope Benedict resigns (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Darth Sidious is making a comeback, i can feel it..

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Heard that there is a man named Cardinal Dolan from New York.

We should have Pope Dolan. Pls.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sure a google search might yield some examples to fit your claim but in all honesty the only two African clergy I could tell you anything about off the top of my head, Desmond Tutu and Pius Ncube, are very progressive.
They may well be but neither of those two have been mentioned as being the next possible pope. All I'm saying is that if we had a Venn diagram the intersection of "black" "realistic chance of becoming pope" and "progressive" is small to non existent

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Lol'ing at all the people who are concurrently saying that the next pope should be black/Latino but should also be progressive. Because you know, the African Catholics are really known for their tolerance of gays, women and condoms.
You know the pope is catholic, right. Some of those issues are directly opposite to Christian values (debate on the rights/wrongs of that is a matter for another thread).

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You know the pope is catholic, right. Some of those issues are directly opposite to Christian values (debate on the rights/wrongs of that is a matter for another thread).
Ummm, yes I am well aware. I'm not the one calling for a progressive pope, I was referring to the people that were.

In fact as a non-catholic I actually don't think I have much grounds to complain about who is or isn't pope.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Ummm, yes I am well aware. I'm not the one calling for a progressive pope, I was referring to the people that were.

In fact as a non-catholic I actually don't think I have much grounds to complain about who is or isn't pope.
Fair enough. Who is pope doesn't worry me either.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Catholicism is based around a belief of what your conscience says and the church leaders and the bible.

So like, believe what you want. ^_^

They just expect the conscience to change based on church teachings.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I'm sure a google search might yield some examples to fit your claim but in all honesty the only two African clergy I could tell you anything about off the top of my head, Desmond Tutu and Pius Ncube, are very progressive.
Tutu isn't eligible as he isn't Roman Catholic but Anglican.

Piu Ncube has probably ruled himself out due to his resignation over allegations of adultery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)