Post election thoughts (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Asquithian said:
hahah yeah...liberals winning is so funny...

why do i always have the feeling that ignorant (at least to political history) Australia is voting Liberal while the the old fashioned intellectual left is voting labor and greens based on principle
It's because you have this stupid idea that you're intellectual and voting on principal.

Rorix

HSC
Dude

No-one Fucking Cares About Your Obscure 1980s Indicident Ok
Its Not Fucking Relevant To The Election, It's Not Going To Doom The Fucking World

Stop Trying To Change The Fucking Issue

Dear God You Are Even Dumber Than Zahid

Can We See Someone About Getting Bans For Stupidity Implemented?

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Rorix said:
Dude

Its Not Fucking Relevant To The Election, It's Not Going To Doom The Fucking World

No i do think i am right on the issue. Aus support for US foreign policy is a danger.

If you don't want to talk about Nicaragua then as i said, pick any current issue.

walrusbear

HSC
Rorix said:
Dude

stop being an obnoxious cunt

the US policy has been a single idea that has been developing since early Reagan in 1980s
if you understand how America works right now, you'll understand that what bone has to say is relevant....

cunt!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The capital letter at the beginning of each of your sentences really gets the point through.

Anyway yea.. i'd like to see how Bush will doom us all, like i don't like the guy or his policies too much, but that call seems to be comming from the same people saying 'Howard will doom us all!'.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
walrusbear said:

the US policy has been a single idea that has been developing since early Reagan in 1980s
if you understand how America works right now, you'll understand that what bone has to say is relevant....

cunt!
Let's go back to the Monroe Doctrine and Manifest Destiny!

Rorix

HSC
walrusbear said:

cunt!

DOES ANYONE HERE ACTUALLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT US POLITICS

OR DO THEY JUST WANNA SAY 'UHH CAN WE TALK ABOUT 1980?'

IF NOT, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING ON THE US ELECTION

THANK YOU

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
The capital letter at the beginning of each of your sentences really gets the point through.

Anyway yea.. i'd like to see how Bush will doom us all, like i don't like the guy or his policies too much, but that call seems to be comming from the same people saying 'Howard will doom us all!'.
Perhaps doom is a strong word for it.

I would definitely say that US foreign policy is not sustainable. We are already seeing the adverse effects it has had, bin Laden along with the deep fear of the US all over the world and mistrust. It is commonly knows the US is the most hated country on earth, and it is false to say it is due to "freedom" or "democracy" rather it is an effect of US foreign polcy (i am not engaging in apologetics BTW, a terrorist act is still a terrorist act regardless of US policy, but it is incorrect to blame it on anything but US policy).

walrusbear

HSC
Rorix said:
Dude

dude you don't put any of your thoughts in a social context
you have all the ins and outs of a policy covered, and then forget to think what the fuck that means to people behind us, before us and right now
can you conceptualise anything in the real world? (awaits shitstorm: what is the real world you cunt (valid), you are deluded, moron etc)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think that could have been an interesting move for latham if he focused his whole election on issues relating only to the 1980's, it seems it would of helped strengthen his base.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Asquithian said:
you are part the generation of so so disinterested voters...you are killing liberal democracy...congrats you have handed a 4th term government absolute power with the christian right wingers
Hey asqy... I'm part of your generation so don't start with that shit.

And a generation doesn't influence an outcome of an election with a 3.5% swing of primary votes towards one party. So I know you like being in the cool crowd where you rebel against the majority and claim how the world will be fucked up because we don't agree with you, but the majority don't care and aren't listening to you.

Oh and by the way, can we say the word 'Landslide'?

lengstar

HSC
You know what Asquithian...why don't we just stop caring and see where this goes? Good consequences, bad consequences why bother debating at all? Lets just let it be and see what happens...i'm quite interested in the outcomes...whatever they might be.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Rorix said:
DOES ANYONE HERE ACTUALLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT US POLITICS

OR DO THEY JUST WANNA SAY 'UHH CAN WE TALK ABOUT 1980?'

IF NOT, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING ON THE US ELECTION

THANK YOU
Isn't this the wrong thread for US Elections?

I mean the thread title is "Post-Election Thoughts"... It doesn't feel like 2 November 2004 yet. Well I guess about 3 November here?

Generator

HSC
N/A
One a side note, I apologise for swearing through certain parts of this thread.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Ziff said:

I mean the thread title is "Post-Election Thoughts"... It doesn't feel like 2 November 2004 yet. Well I guess about 3 November here?
Actually we're infront of the US.

I wonder what will happen when interest rates do rise... will labor start claiming that the government has broken their promise and that they're evil?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Asquithian said:
tell you what im part of a pretty big minority :) ...part of the over 45% of the population that didnt vote for howard :)

if you knew anything other than economics you would understand that it wasnt a landslide...there was 0.3% swing to LAbor...not a landslide...is it now?
It's still a minority and the majority don't care... :D

Rorix

HSC
walrusbear said:
dude you don't put any of your thoughts in a social context
you have all the ins and outs of a policy covered, and then forget to think what the fuck that means to people behind us, before us and right now

GOD
I HAVE A BAD DAY AND I HAVE TO COME DEAL WITH THIS SHIT
MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS THROUGH THE ROOF

ITS REAL SIMPLE
ZAHID AND I WANT TO DEBATE THE US PRESIDENTAL ELECTION
I KNOW HE DOESNT KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE US ELECTION, THAT'S WHY I'M AGREEING. NONE OF YOU GUYS SEEM TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT EITHER, EXCEPT THAT YOU HATE AMERICA.

SOCIAL CONTEXT IS JUST A BULLSHIT WAY OF SAYING 'NO, I DONT WANT TO DISCUSS DOMESTIC ISSUES'.

The whoever i was aruging with guy wants to see how much he can mention events from the 1980s without actually starting a thread, because he can't find a way to tie in 'DOMESTIC US POLITICS' with 'RANDOM 1980S EVENT I LIKE TO MENTION SO THE ACTIVIST GIRLS THINK IM COOL'

walrusbear

HSC
A heart that's full up like
A landfill
A job that slowly kills you
Bruises that won't heal

I'll take a quiet life
And a handshake of carbon monoxide

And no alarms and no surprises
No alarms and no surprises

Silent
Silence
This is my final fit
My final bellyache with

No alarms and no surprises please

Such a pretty house and
Such a pretty garden

call me drunk (and i am), but this song seems to be pertinent to all in pain tonight

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Asquithian said:
tell you what im part of a pretty big minority :) ...part of the over 45% of the population that didnt vote for howard :)

if you knew anything other than economics you would understand that it wasnt a landslide...there was 0.3% swing to LAbor...not a landslide...is it now?

maybe you should read rorix's assessment of why the libs won again...its rings true for someone that supports the liberals
And I know lots of things besides economics...

And how do you get a 0.3% swing to labor out of all of this... every figure I've heard is around a 3% swing to the coalition...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
walrusbear said:
A heart that's full up like
A landfill
A job that slowly kills you
Bruises that won't heal

I'll take a quiet life
And a handshake of carbon monoxide

And no alarms and no surprises

Silent
Silence
This is my final fit
My final bellyache with

Such a pretty house and
Such a pretty garden

call me drunk (and i am), but this song seems to be pertinent to all in pain tonight
**This has been a message from Labor - The positive party**

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)