• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post election thoughts (1 Viewer)

lengstar

HSC
Raiks said:
It's still a minority and the majority don't care... :D
Thats one thing i can agree on. $250 fine for not voting...ouch...hope i don't get it.

walrusbear

HSC
Rorix said:
DOES ANYONE HERE ACTUALLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT US POLITICS

OR DO THEY JUST WANNA SAY 'UHH CAN WE TALK ABOUT 1980?'

IF NOT, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING ON THE US ELECTION

THANK YOU
so politics exists with no context?

Bone577

HSC
N/A
I would just let him be. This thread has been led to unprecedented illogicality.

walrusbear

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
**This has been a message from Labor - The positive party**
hahahaha

but seriously, i am very sad and depressed right now....

:(

Generator

HSC
N/A
They were positive... But there is little point in celebrating a Coalition Government and a Coalition majority in the Senate. Aren't you in favour of moderation?

Rorix

HSC
By context, you don't happen to mean like 'domestic issues in the American population'context, do you?

Unless you do, just stop replying. Thanks. It'll save us all a lot of hassle.

walrusbear

HSC
Bone577 said:
I would just let him be. This thread has been led to unprecedented illogicality.
HEY BONE
START TYPING IN CAPS AND TALK ABOUT DOMESTIC POLICY AND DONT CONTEXTUALISE AMERICAN POLITICS
INSTEAD, EMBRACE POLICIES IN A TIMELESS BUBBLE WHEREBY WE CAN EVALUATE THEM IN RORIX'S TIMELESS AND PERFECT EVALUATIONS

walrusbear

HSC
Generator said:
They were positive... But there is little point in celebrating a Coalition Government and a Coalition majority in the Senate. Aren't you in favour of moderation?
i be very morose
this is a very sad time
and dark, for that matter

are you scared generator?
or apprehensive at a government that controls the senate?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Generator said:
I don't think they were totally negative, but all round.. they had about the same balance of negative/positive that howard had.

Generator

HSC
N/A
walrusbear said:
i be very morose
this is a very sad time
and dark, for that matter

are you scared generator?
or apprehensive at a government that controls the senate?
A bit of both. I did not expect this at all. It seems as though the argument in favour of 'choice' will prevail despite the fact that only a minority are able to freely express such a choice.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Asquithian said:
typical.............selfish............maybe you should think of the words of your glorious god fearing fear mongering leader...

'we are here also to govern for those who did not vote for me'...he said something to that effect...very not john howard but it shows he knows what he did
Yes, I will think about that and admire that even John Howard will feel resposible for leading a country even if it does include tards like you.

lengstar

HSC
Raiks said:
Yes, I will think about that and admire that even John Howard will feel resposible for leading a country even if it does include tards like you.
Your making yourself a retard by calling him a retard. Furthering social causes is fine as with economical causes. A balance must be met whether its more towards economic than social at the moment or vice versa. But don't come bitching back when it bites your arse on the way out.

walrusbear

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I don't think they were totally negative, but all round.. they had about the same balance of negative/positive that howard had.
are you even thinking at all dude?
i had respect for your opinions until tonight

what is there to defend about a government that has brainwashed stupid people enough that even the senate isn't enough to defy their agenda?

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
eviltama said:
Oh yay cheering brainwashed liberal supporters (on ABC)...

i'm glad howards still in... he has more brains and tact than latham.. but he does live in a past era. A more steady era perhaps... steadier than latham could ever have provided, but stagnant in any gains for the individual. The individual has never been Howards strong point sadly enough and after all this time with him, the individual needs the most help.

"to the service of the australian people" << my arse howard you only serve who you want. :(
MAN I AM MAD DRUNK AND I CAN STILL TELL YOU'RE DRIBBLING RHETORIC OUT OF YOUR ASS. YOUR POST HAS TO BE ONE OF THE MOST RETARDED I'VE EVER READ ON BOS.

walrusbear

HSC
i'm drunk as a cunt and i can still see that the 'rationalists' on this board refuse to acknowledge to abhorrent state of affairs when a gov holds power and senate control

this country is as good as bought by capitalism

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Asquithian said:
you are really a self centered arrogant ...you attack people like me who hold a different view and you havnt even been bothered to take an interest in results..or even to understand the nature of the swings...as i said it takes 10 seconds to look it it...shows how much interest you have...you just seem enjoy shitting on the minority

i mean do you live under a rock? or read anything? or do you sit back and think how wonderful it is to be in the majority and shit on anyone who dissents from the majority

I guess it feels good to kick people when they are down?

maybe you can run over some family in your shiney new car that earns under 52 000 a year...keep the minority down ay...kick them in the head...shit on them...dont give the minorty it a chance ...i dont know how you can sleep at night then again people like you sleep very well knowing they are part of the majority and that popularity is to be attained at all costs
Yes, I do live under a rock and run families like my own who earn under 52k a year in my car before reversing back over them and kicking them repeatedly for being poor. Yes I love being in a majority as much as you'd love to be in a majority. Yes I also love hiring refugees and putting them to use as slaves in the garden before locking them back up in my closet. I enjoy all the wonderful things the labor government have done for Australia and also feel great about abusing all those liberal implementations which are obviously going to send our government to hell in the afterlife. I love living in a democracy where the people are stupid and including myself, are so myopically unintelligent that we don't listen to the wise intellectual words of yourself and likeminded individuals.

Asqy, I don't enjoy attacking people like you. I enjoy, as well as many others, just enjoy attacking you and only you. It mostly comes down to you as an individual. And don't just think I'm being an arsehole to you, I'm one of many who share similar sentiments about how much of a wanker you really are on here.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
Raiks said:
Yes, I do live under a rock and run families like my own who earn under 52k a year in my car before reversing back over them and kicking them repeatedly for being poor. Yes I love being in a majority as much as you'd love to be in a majority. Yes I also love hiring refugees and putting them to use as slaves in the garden before locking them back up in my closet. I enjoy all the wonderful things the labor government have done for Australia and also feel great about abusing all those liberal implementations which are obviously going to send our government to hell in the afterlife. I love living in a democracy where the people are stupid and including myself, are so myopically unintelligent that we don't listen to the wise intellectual words of yourself and likeminded individuals.

Asqy, I don't enjoy attacking people like you. I enjoy, as well as many others, just enjoy attacking you and only you. It mostly comes down to you as an individual. And don't just think I'm being an arsehole to you, I'm one of many who share similar sentiments about how much of a wanker you really are on here.
Why exactly is Asquithian put in this position? What has he done to provoke your 'disagreements'?

cattlefat

Suvat said:
Why thank you :)

Despite being force fed the proposition that the howard government has skilfully crafted the economy into a work of art for the rest of the world to marvel at, ask yourself (except if your family's rich), are you and your family really better off now than you were in 1996?
I've gotta say...no way! My parents own a small business and we are a low income bracket family...We've rented since 1996, and rents have gone up, the GST makes everything expensive, and since we've got this stupid GST you'd expect public infrastucture to be better supported by the federal government..but is it? NOOOOOO WAY..instead the money goes to really necessary things like defence and recruitment ads for the army (which we would never have needed if Howard hadn't made us a terrorist target by associating us with the US and its capitalist ideals).

I suppose you could say that rents have gone up because of supply and demand, but thats because of increasing urbanisation rates, where people are leaving rural areas for the city. And why are they leaving? Because education, hospitals and employment opportunities are pretty scarce in the country...And why are they in decline? Because the government has redirected funding to health elsewhere and our 'strong economy' figures probably only includes skilled employment, like jobs in IT and business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)