• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post-Rock Thread (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Surprised Mogwai hasn't been mentioned - they're one of the 'biggies'.
Of course. I completely forgot them in my list. They were the first post-rock band I heard, even before 65dos.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Other bands I didn't mention, (that deserve a mention :)):

Mono: Sad that I missed their tour this lasy year. Definitely one to check out, though it's easy to mistake them with the British Duo 'Mono'. Though the duo's hit Life In Mono would be a good track to listen to anyway.

Moving Mountains: Reminds me a lot of A Silver Mt. Zion. Though heavier in some parts, though doesn't really verge on post-metal.

Pram: Blends with Dream Pop, and thus, they use lyrics in their songs. They sound almost Jazzy or Mathy at some points. However, defiitely give them a go.

Tortoise: Not to everyones liking. They use a strange mix of post-rock, electronica, and minimalism IMO. Some great soundscapes, that have a nice groove to them.

This Will Destroy You: I always mix up these guys with Do make Say Think for no logical reason. I don't have their albums, only a few tracks. However, from the soundscapes, each song seems to work well in isolation.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
post metal > post rock
I can't really get into it. I prefer post-rock for it's softer ambience. If I want ambient Metal, I usually prefer to go to Doom Metal.

VicerExciser

HSC
I am also a fan of post metal. Somewhat related is Kayo Dot, get their album Choir of the Eyes now now now.
lol the only reason i ever bothered with kayo dot was cause of the fineass azn chick in the band, don't really care much for the music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)