post trial motivation? (1 Viewer)

smoothsailing

HSC
So I finished trials 2 weeks ago, and I've studied on and off from then..but I've noticed my workload and overall motivation has dropped dramatically. I know what it is I have to do, but I simply can't be bothered to put it frankly. Right now, I'm dead tired and can't keep my eyes open, so I plan to sleep early and wake up early tomorrow and study all day. I've studied consistently throughout the year, finishing my internal mark with a +90% mark in most of my subjects (except mathematic which I flunked in trials) but I feel like I'm losing motivation, which I'm finding difficult to reclaim. Any tips?

mreditor16

HSC
So I finished trials 2 weeks ago, and I've studied on and off from then..but I've noticed my workload and overall motivation has dropped dramatically. I know what it is I have to do, but I simply can't be bothered to put it frankly. Right now, I'm dead tired and can't keep my eyes open, so I plan to sleep early and wake up early tomorrow and study all day. I've studied consistently throughout the year, finishing my internal mark with a +90% mark in most of my subjects (except mathematic which I flunked in trials) but I feel like I'm losing motivation, which I'm finding difficult to reclaim. Any tips?
this actually exactly describes how i'm feeling post-trials.

dunjaaa

HSC
Just remember, that this exam is what will determine what your hard-earned assessment marks will be moderated to. So you want to make every minute count, in order to maximise that ATAR!

smoothsailing

HSC
Are you me? LOL
Since trials, I don't want to do any work at all, and yet my sleeping patterns are legitimately screwed up to fit the exam schedule (something like 1 to 3.45 am LOL).
Have you taken a few days off since you had exams? I think that might be able to help? Maybe some days when you just don't do anything draining, maybe a bit of maths here and there, and do other things that you'll have to get around to eventually e.g. filling out uni applications etc
Just try and get into it gradually haha. Honestly don't know how to help because I'm having pretty much the same problem, but I think the way to approach this is to take some time off to bring clarity to your goals once again, and then refocus :)
I actually took a week off after my exams lol

HSC
Only 7 more weeks left till HSC and only about 10 weeks until you begin your 4 month holiday. Just push on and keep studying

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
That would be the worst thing that could ever happen
Well it happened to a well known BoS'er of a slightly larger margin so it does indeed happen.

Don't worry take 2 to 3 weeks after trials a bit easy and maybe do half your previous workload/ethic. I had my trials around this time last year, and I still took off the 3 weeks after trials to relax and do about 10 hours a week at home and go to school and ask questions to teachers and stuff and just sit in class and work a bit.

Wasn't until the month before when my Boxer Turbo kicked in and I was doing 50 hours a week in purely past papers and marking them (although I did stay at home for that whole time and just studied).

HSC
Well it happened to a well known BoS'er of a slightly larger margin so it does indeed happen.

Don't worry take 2 to 3 weeks after trials a bit easy and maybe do half your previous workload/ethic. I had my trials around this time last year, and I still took off the 3 weeks after trials to relax and do about 10 hours a week at home and go to school and ask questions to teachers and stuff and just sit in class and work a bit.

Wasn't until the month before when my Boxer Turbo kicked in and I was doing 50 hours a week in purely past papers and marking them (although I did stay at home for that whole time and just studied).
Study study study! We must!

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
Just think that if you dont study then you will have to greet your course goodbye

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
have a nice cup of harden the fuck up

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Study study study! We must!
Lol I got 96+

But then again I was aiming for 96 so yeah worked out lol.

If you are going for 99.9+ then you'll need to do as much study as possible. No lazying around as the competition out there in the rest of the state is quite fierce.

HSC
Lol I got 96+

But then again I was aiming for 96 so yeah worked out lol.

If you are going for 99.9+ then you'll need to do as much study as possible. No lazying around as the competition out there in the rest of the state is quite fierce.
Aiming for 97+ haha!

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Think of dem feels when you get your HSC results...those months of anticipation, leading up to a single text message or a letter or an online check, only to find:

a) you miss out on your desired external marks by a few marks because you didn't give it your all, and now, since all the ATAR calculators are probably broken because everyone is using them, you're not sure anymore whether or not you can make it into your uni course. Do you want to defer for a year? Or take another course to get in? Not sure, but you know its an expensive pathway.

b) you exceeded your expectations, smashing all your desired external marks by a few and now you're confident your ATAR is going to be the one you want to get into whatever course you want! Excitement for the future is so real, and you feel so satisfied knowing you gave it your all and it has paid off. Everyone's proud of you, and most importantly, you're proud of yourself.

I'd prefer b, but its up to you which one you prefer :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)