Post up your subjects for HSC! (1 Viewer)

Schoey93

HSC
Oh OK, yeah, because when you do Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2, they're worth 2 units each.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Schoey93 said:
Oh OK, yeah, because when you do Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2, they're worth 2 units each.
Yeah, that's true.

shady145

Banned
HSC
o asian combo, i have some of those subs
4u maths
chem
phys
standard eng

but im not asion lol

i think ima have to drop a subject too, i got 14 units and i dunno what to drop out of business studies or DAT =(

georgefren

HSC
No, its not that much. I mean, my subjects all kinda feed off each other. English4 is already done, and His Ext is a major work too, so im gonna try and finish that off these holidays. And English 2/3 creatives im going to try and do as well. So thats like about 5 units half done by the end of the holidays.

0hNivlek

HSC
Woooooo

My HSC subjects;
  • Advanced English
  • Mathematics
  • Society & Culture
  • Legal Studies
  • Modern History
  • English Extension 1
  • History Extension
At the end of prelims i dropped Business Studies, worst subject ever. I hated it so bad since it was so boring with so much content. Suprisingly i came 3rd out of 100+ people and the year advisor was like wtf. LOL. I was going to pick up Extension 2 English but it ran at the same time as Modern History...i chose Modern History. Modern History already overlaps with Extension English 1 hence i miss 1 period of extension english and two periods of Modern a week. Gah damn subject lines!!

LOL, my subjects aren't that asian!!

diametric

HSC
My subjects for 09 are:
Extension 1 & Extension 2 English
Chemistry
Business

and 08 was:
adv. english
Biology.

HOORA! for 10 units!

georgefren said:
No, its not that much. I mean, my subjects all kinda feed off each other. English4 is already done, and His Ext is a major work too, so im gonna try and finish that off these holidays. And English 2/3 creatives im going to try and do as well. So thats like about 5 units half done by the end of the holidays.
Writing a rough draft of your Major Work does not equate to "English4 is already done." There is no possible way you could of done the satisfactory research into genre, medium, and the demands of your major work and be satisfied with the product you have thus created. Note: there are still two assessments and the Reflection Statement to go. And, you should edit, edit, edit that baby. And possibly end up scrapping it and rewriting something entirely different, as is often the case with English Extension 2.

shantu1992

HSC
4 unit foodtech
4 unit woodtech
3 unit hospitality
2 unit advance english

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
lyounamu said:
^lol

are asian subjects like:
4 unit maths,
2 unit advanced/standard/esl
2 unit chemistry
2 unit physics

Damn I only do two of them, so i am academcically half asian?
The HSC subjects that I intend to do are:

Mathematics Extension 1
Mathematics Extension 2
Physics
Chemistry
Advanced English

AND MAYBE

Biology

I'm not sure if I should do it. I want to become a Radiologist. Do they really need Biology? I think Physics and Chemistry would be suffice but I'm not sure. Do any of you guys know what UAI you need to become a Radiologist?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I plan on taking (well what I'm doing for the Preliminary):

3U Mathematics
English - Advanced
Studies of Religion I
Physics
Chemistry
Music I

To answer Dragonmaster262 (above);

USYD offers the following courses. You might be interested in:

Diagnostic radiography - 89.10
Radiation therapy - 80.75
Nuclear medicine - 85.20

Most other universties have very similar courses which are within this range of UAI. Most courses average around 93.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Aquawhite said:
I plan on taking (well what I'm doing for the Preliminary):

3U Mathematics
English - Advanced
Studies of Religion I
Physics
Chemistry
Music I

To answer Dragonmaster262 (above);

USYD offers the following courses. You might be interested in:

Diagnostic radiography - 89.10
Radiation therapy - 80.75
Nuclear medicine - 85.20

Most other universties have very similar courses which are within this range of UAI. Most courses average around 93.
Thanks Aquawhite. My mom keeps telling me that you need 99+ UAI to become a Radiologist.

APCSfan

HSC
prelim: 3u maths, 3u english, phys, chem, bio.

:eek:

might upgrade to 4 maths and downgrade to adv english, as well as dropping one science to end up with 10 units in year 12. have to wait n see :rolleyes:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Dragonmaster262 said:
Thanks Aquawhite. My mom keeps telling me that you need 99+ UAI to become a Radiologist.
I think a lot of parents really push their kids too far to get unrealistic UAI's... Not a lot of kids can get above 96 for a UAI really, considering the huge number of people taking the HSC!

Aim as high as you want! But don't believe your mum :p Do some of your own research... lol

h3ll h0und

HSC
just check my sig' for my subjects for prelim
i mite take ext 2 maths for yr 12 and drop down to advanced english...depends how i go in prelims :read:

bored.of.u

HSC
h3ll h0und said:
just check my sig' for my subjects for prelim
i mite take ext 2 maths for yr 12 and drop down to advanced english...depends how i go in prelims :read:
thats an interesting thought hell hound...im having a dilemma whether to take ext2 maths or not im just not confident enought but the scaling has made me think twice...wat do u think? xD

random-1005

Banned
HSC
bored.of.u said:
thats an interesting thought hell hound...im having a dilemma whether to take ext2 maths or not im just not confident enought but the scaling has made me think twice...wat do u think? xD
You should only be doing exten2 maths if u are very good at 2 unit and fairly good at 3unit, and it takes a hell of a lot of work so you will only want to be doing 12 units maximum. There is a reason why it is scaled so high, its bloody hard, if it were easy every1 would be doing it and getting massive uai's. im am going for the hsc test in 09 and doing exten2 and am struggling to understand some of the stuff. Theres no point doing a subject that gets scaled high if u go no good

Last edited:

Air Jordan

HSC
lyounamu said:
^lol

are asian subjects like:
4 unit maths,
2 unit advanced/standard/esl
2 unit chemistry
2 unit physics

Damn I only do two of them, so i am academcically half asian?
lol. I think Im gonna do that in year 12 plus Business Studies xD. For year 11 though my subjects are in my sig.

APCSfan

HSC
random-1005 said:
You should only be doing exten2 maths if u are very good at 2 unit and fairly good at 3unit, and it takes a hell of a lot of work so you will only want to be doing 12 units maximum. There is a reason why it is scaled so high, its bloody hard, if it were easy every1 would be doing it and getting massive uai's. im am going for the hsc test in 09 and doing exten2 and am struggling to understand some of the stuff. Theres no point doing a subject that gets scaled high if u go no good
;o so true.

bored.of.u

HSC
random-1005 said:
i get your point...but ext2 is first year uni maths of course its hard...i've done the ext1 course n im surprised its not as hard as i thought it would be... my tutor told me ext2 maths will take all your time so i dunno...wat marks did u get? it will give me an idea of the marks i'll need to consider ext2. thnx =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)