Post Your 2012 University Offers Here! (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
if the newspapers are going to release the offers tomorrow then they would have to know it before 9pm i reckon, MEANING the unsw guy was wrong! (cause he said nobody knew it except for the uac) haha but yeah i guess we won't really know till 9!
You would be surprised how fast the newspapers collate information and print it. He may have been telling the truth.

M

MichelleV

The paper published for tomorrow should be delivered to outlets from roughly 9pm onwards tonight, that's how I'm double checking my offer :D
You also receive an acceptance letter in the mail from UAC. :)

SleepyZM

HSC
Friend of mine applied for B Arts/Teaching (Mid 70's cutoff) with high 60's ATAR and was eligible for bonus points and said it did not work. Is my ATAR 87.2 (eligible for bonus points) and making the B Eco (2011 cutoff 93.7?) enough?
Did he put in the correct details? I put my UAC application number, postcode, DOB, and the UNSW Program code (from the link given on the site).
& you could try the site, but its credibility is now being shot so its impossible to tell :(

M

MichelleV

Did he put in the correct details? I put my UAC application number, postcode, DOB, and the UNSW Program code (from the link given on the site).
& you could try the site, but its credibility is now being shot so its impossible to tell :(
This was happening to my friend too.
She put in the correct details, but it woulnt work.

She got a higher atar + bonus points for the same course as DforDANNY, but it wont let her in :/

DforDANNY

HSC
Uni Grad
This was happening to my friend too.
She put in the correct details, but it woulnt work.

She got a higher atar + bonus points for the same course as DforDANNY, but it wont let her in :/
Oh shit. I guess we'll know for certain at 9pm.

The site is definitely credible as it is the IT services site for UNSW, but the exploit may have its flaws

Note: Were courses from UNSW her highest preferences? (I.e. she may have been offered at another university?)

viva_la_albert

HSC
I got an early January offer into Bachelor of Science at ANU so I don't really mind what the main round has in store for me. Surprise me UAC. SURPRISE ME!

M

MichelleV

Oh shit. I guess we'll know for certain at 9pm.

The site is definitely credible as it is the IT services site for UNSW, but the exploit may have its flaws

Note: Were courses from UNSW her highest preferences? (I.e. she may have been offered at another university?)
Her top 2 were UNSW Commerce then Eco

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
guys i called up UNSW and they said that it doesn't guarantee your spot - they don't know what you get till 9pm as well and it only worked out cause they already had our information
i told him that some people didn't get into higher atar courses and he said he didn't know why that would happen.....

why didn't i call them before i made that Facebook status...
If it isnt working you can thank this person for alerting them

DforDANNY

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah. Well to reiterate, I used the UNSW Handbook code for economics 3543 after the code for commerce 3502 did not work (commerce was my 2nd preference, I had combined law first. LOL)
And, I haven't tried but UAC's code for the double degrees were the same as the single degree but they have different codes in the handbook. If she has time to kill she might as well try them all

hope this helps

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Check.
1. UNSW didn't shut down the service.
2. UAC ID is correct, it starts with 1. DOB, Postal code (maybe she changed address) and the course code (this is four digits not the UAC course code).

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
This has happened before in the past and has been accurate. (Which is not to say it necessarily is this time)

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
Ok so I logged in a created a password but I'm not gonna dance for joy until the actual confirmation. (Wewt Psych Science!?)

But if I do get into UNSW, I'll miss USYD so much. All throughout the year I've worshiped Sydney and been to everything that was held there. I even considered applying for a janitor position there. It's sorta like a crush and moving onto UNSW feels a little slutty. I don't feel any sort of affection towards it..
I really don't know what to do. But on the other hand maybe Sydney doesn't want me. Maybe it was a one sided relationship. I'm really sad. I don't know what to do...

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
Ok so I logged in a created a password but I'm not gonna dance for joy until the actual confirmation. (Wewt Psych Science!?)

But if I do get into UNSW, I'll miss USYD so much. All throughout the year I've worshiped Sydney and been to everything that was held there. I even considered applying for a janitor position there. It's sorta like a crush and moving onto UNSW feels a little slutty. I don't feel any sort of affection towards it..
I really don't know what to do. But on the other hand maybe Sydney doesn't want me. Maybe it was a one sided relationship. I'm really sad. I don't know what to do...
thats very normal...

kcqn93

HSC

Just think about the pretty sandstone castle and the grass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)