Post your artworks! (1 Viewer)

dirty_ink

HSC
Did you see the link?
Now I do :lol:

But wow, they're all amazing! Talk about talent, seriously.

The second drawing as well as the one on the very right (both on the first row) look familiar for some reason. Assuming you did Visual Art as a HSC subject, did some of your works get accepted into Art Express by any chance?

EDIT: If I had to critique one thing, it'd be that I wish your still life progresso drawing had some darker shadows.

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

The second drawing as well as the one on the very right (both on the first row) look familiar for some reason. Assuming you did Visual Art as a HSC subject, did some of your works get accepted into Art Express by any chance?
Well, undoubtedly there will be patterned art and penciled drawings of animals you have seen before, so not surprising if you found any of the artworks familiar. Unfortunately, I didn't get nominated into the Art Express, although I did not have any regrets knowing I have tried my very best. P.S. none of the ten artworks came from my major work for year 12. I don't really have much talent, just kept working hard for many years:)

CaptainPrice

HSC
It does take a pretty long time to find and then decide on the devices that suit your chosen degree, and even then, it's about the investment :/ Any good/bad experiences with particular laptops or tablets you'd be able to share?

And what? I thought hipsters were only Arts students and that those doing Art&Design subjects were exempt from this sort of prejudice because it's to be expected :lol: Well, at least I get to climb to new heights (get it?)

A blog sounds wicked, and I was thinking of doing the same thing tbh. It'd be great for both sharing fun things with others and showcasing your work to audiences - which I reckon would definitely open doors in one way or another. Anyway, this will just have to be another thing you can update us on :)

Yeah, there's always a social issue to be confronted tbh, and it'd be great to spread social awareness. I agree that the mentioned projects were highly successful (bloody hell, the power of the internet, seriously :lol:) although it's a bit of a shame that the Ice bucket challenge appears on the verge of being a bit gimmicky since some people undertake it without knowing the original intentions behind said challenge.

Haha, volunteering sounds like a definite winner. Hopefully, there are some promising societies which offer such opportunities. May there also be societies in which free food may be scabbed LOL.

Yep, must try everything for sure!

Randomly just considered the possibility of you creating something like Sims. What. Please happen.
Haha, I suppose, but if you want to be TRULY exempt, pls pick up a non Arts/Design elective (why not COMP1917?) ;)

Climb new HEIGHTS at UNSW hahahaha - you'll be climbing a lot that's for sure!

A blog nowadays is expected for graphic designers (for portfolio), along with a flashy resume (design wise) haha.

I think it's inevitable what happened with the Ice Bucket challenge, due to the way the designed the actual challenge. However a lot of famous people joined in, and most people did speak about the ALS foundation, and hey, 90 million ain't so bad.

Free food? Just sign me up!

Gosh, not the Sims, too much maths in that! Videogames (or interactive media) also sounds pretty cool, but that's another story :D

Intentionally considered you creating the biggest social media campaign ever seen in Australia. Pls make it happen :)

Didn't even notice these 'issues' tbh - looked intentional to me. Also, is that hair that's flying around?

I like the background effects and the sketch-y way you drew the figure. Kind of dreamlike.
Those were the first things that came apparent to me, haha. It can be hair, it can be torn wires or veins etc (I originally thought of wires)
Thanks, didn't expect dream-like to be an interpretation, but it does make perfect sense :D

Would have loved to post an artwork on this thread, unfortunately file size greater than the allowed limit. But a big shout out to all the awesome artworks that have been posted on this thread yet-all of them are beautiful in different ways-keep the art coming:)
~ Strawberrye Master Race ~ uses an actual decent camera unlike the rest of us peasants attempting with our phones.

Edit: Just saw Strawberrye's link. Mind Blown.

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually, I took all the photographs of my pictures with a phone:), not a camera-lol(though I am considering of getting one later on this year if my love for photography persists:))-but that's another story for another time:)

dirty_ink

HSC
Well, undoubtedly there will be patterned art and penciled drawings of animals you have seen before, so not surprising if you found any of the artworks familiar. Unfortunately, I didn't get nominated into the Art Express, although I did not have any regrets knowing I have tried my very best. P.S. none of the ten artworks came from my major work for year 12. I don't really have much talent, just kept working hard for many years:)
True that, actually. Well, glad to see that all that hard work has evidently paid off :)

Actually, I took all the photographs of my pictures with a phone:), not a camera-lol(though I am considering of getting one later on this year if my love for photography persists:))-but that's another story for another time:)
A bit gobsmacked.

CaptainPrice

HSC
Spill, what phone is this? Must be one of the newer generations with 13mp?

dirty_ink

HSC
Haha, I suppose, but if you want to be TRULY exempt, pls pick up a non Arts/Design elective (why not COMP1917?) ;)

Climb new HEIGHTS at UNSW hahahaha - you'll be climbing a lot that's for sure!

A blog nowadays is expected for graphic designers (for portfolio), along with a flashy resume (design wise) haha.

I think it's inevitable what happened with the Ice Bucket challenge, due to the way the designed the actual challenge. However a lot of famous people joined in, and most people did speak about the ALS foundation, and hey, 90 million ain't so bad.

Free food? Just sign me up!

Gosh, not the Sims, too much maths in that! Videogames (or interactive media) also sounds pretty cool, but that's another story :D

Intentionally considered you creating the biggest social media campaign ever seen in Australia. Pls make it happen :)

Those were the first things that came apparent to me, haha. It can be hair, it can be torn wires or veins etc (I originally thought of wires)
Thanks, didn't expect dream-like to be an interpretation, but it does make perfect sense :D

Computer Science? :lol: No thank you, I'd probably cause all the computers to malfunction.

I hear that the free food is plentiful within engineering societies haha, best be there asap.

So nothing like Sims but perhaps video games hey? Will hold you to that, mate. Will be expecting something K.O. like The Last of Us~ :)

Not likely to happen, but if it does, props to you :lol:

Also, whoops! Let's pretend I said that they're wires.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Spill, what phone is this? Must be one of the newer generations with 13mp?
No idea on statistics-bit clueless when it comes to the specific features and resolutions, just have an ordinary Nexus 5:) I think the reason my pictures looked like they were taken by a camera was because I did spent a bit of time to make sure the lighting was right when I took it:)

CaptainPrice

HSC
Computer Science? :lol: No thank you, I'd probably cause all the computers to malfunction.

I hear that the free food is plentiful within engineering societies haha, best be there asap.

So nothing like Sims but perhaps video games hey? Will hold you to that, mate. Will be expecting something K.O. like The Last of Us~ :)

Not likely to happen, but if it does, props to you :lol:

Also, whoops! Let's pretend I said that they're wires.
Nothing DEFINITE, sure I will make you a game with the graphical fidelity of TLOU, just invest 100 million in me, sure man.
Have you tried a bit of programming? I thought you wanted to try everything! Stick to your word, mate!

No idea on statistics-bit clueless when it comes to the specific features and resolutions, just have an ordinary Nexus 5:) I think the reason my pictures looked like they were taken by a camera was because I did spent a bit of time to make sure the lighting was right when I took it:)
Nexus 5 has 8mp, same as mine, gosh. So it was your talent that actually produced such a great image? Not your phone?

Yep, definitely makes us feel better /s

dirty_ink

HSC
Nothing DEFINITE, sure I will make you a game with the graphical fidelity of TLOU, just invest 100 million in me, sure man.
Have you tried a bit of programming? I thought you wanted to try everything! Stick to your word, mate!
One can dream big, mate. Or win the lottery. Highly unlikely, but hey.

Whoops, slipped my mind :rolleyes:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Nexus 5 has 8mp, same as mine, gosh. So it was your talent that actually produced such a great image? Not your phone?

Yep, definitely makes us feel better /s
Not really that talented, but in light of the notion that photography can be seen as an art form/artistic medium, I uploaded 10 photos taken with my phone, three of the pictures have filters applied (if filters can be considered as an artistic manipulation:))-still the same as the previous link:) Most of the credits still goes to my phone though:)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Please do :))

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Please do :))
I will need to take some time to consider what camera I want to get though, couldn't want to regret my decision as with a lot of things in life:) Probably will need to read through a few more issues of photoreview before I am going to make a final decision, after all, there are so much technicalities in photography-requiring both plentiful of time and effort to devote to ensure one can get better, or even excel in it.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I will need to take some time to consider what camera I want to get though, couldn't want to regret my decision as with a lot of things in life:) Probably will need to read through a few more issues of photoreview before I am going to make a final decision, after all, there are so much technicalities in photography-requiring both plentiful of time and effort to devote to ensure one can get better, or even excel in it.
Ask me anything in regards to that :p

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

EDIT: If I had to critique one thing, it'd be that I wish your still life progresso drawing had some darker shadows.
The still life drawing was actually done by charcoal, and the main point where I was doing the drawing was to learn the technique of hatching, but I definitely agree with you about the darker shadows part-that drawing was probably done when I was in year 7.

dirty_ink

HSC
The still life drawing was actually done by charcoal, and the main point where I was doing the drawing was to learn the technique of hatching, but I definitely agree with you about the darker shadows part-that drawing was probably done when I was in year 7.
My bad~

Still looks good :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)