Practice? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
hahaha

i USED TO spend all day sitting down at the piano, listening to dream theater and attempting to play it XDD (if u hav heard dream theater's music, its almost impossible lol)

korean music aye...all i know is big bang lol
ahhahahhah that's all i know too :)

i just want to be able to play haruharu :) (And sing along it)

i saw some youtube video clip and i nearly cried because it was soo beautiful lolll

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
did you play violin before that?

noo why didnt you do music? its such a bludge if you enjoy it/know something about it already!

yea i played violin since i was 4 lol, so it wasnt that hard to pick up viola

ahhahahhah that's all i know too :)

i just want to be able to play haruharu :) (And sing along it)

i saw some youtube video clip and i nearly cried because it was soo beautiful lolll
HAHAHAHAHA..was it the music or the clip that got u teary??

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Scales are useful for writing music and improvising...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
yea i played violin since i was 4 lol, so it wasnt that hard to pick up viola

HAHAHAHAHA..was it the music or the clip that got u teary??
um...it was a clip of some girl playing piano for haruharu

it was beautiful :)

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
WOW u serious??? and u only started in yr 10, GOOD EFFORT!!
wat instruments are u playing for HSC??
im only doing 3 pieces, and piano is my 1st instrument, so obviously piano

um...it was a clip of some girl playing piano for haruharu

it was beautiful :)
lol, was it the clip or the music or the girl that was beatufiul? :haha:

chichichip

chichichichichichichi....
HSC
what insturment you play? Viola
how long are you ment to practice a day? 24 hours I guess.
how long do you ACTUALLY practice a day? <1 hour :(
whats your grade? AMus

chuboy

HSC
what insturment you play? Piano =D
how long are you ment to practice a day? i dont know...an hour?
how long do you ACTUALLY practice a day? maybe 45 minutes a week, if im on a roll XD
whats your grade? currently working towards 7th grade, but to be honest, i've already finished moving away from classical music as a whole and i've spread out into other areas - jazz, rock and roll, other instruments, etc.

Maybe after the HSC i'll concentrate on classical a bit more ^_^;

eisusmorf

HSC
instruments - piano, viola (piano not for this year though)
practising - atm about 50min/day on viola
last year was about 2h/day on each instrument. before exams was about 4h/day. actually, before my piano lmus i was pulling 6h/day.. heh i didn't have to study so much then!
grade - lmus, amus/lmus

champo14

HSC
Woo yeah! Practise!

what insturment you play? Trombone
how long are you ment to practice a day? Three hours
how long do you ACTUALLY practice a day? ~ Two hours.
whats your grade? First year university.

I haven't been on this forum in ages. How y'all doin?!

1337c4mp3r

HSC
AMUS.. in year 10?
omg. get out.
im doing 8 this year
performance of music next year.. or the year after depending on how stressful hsc is

and in the year 2011 i plan to do amus.
LoL, wait till u meet some super freaky asian kids around. Theers a freak ass asian dude from my school in year 9 doing a British syllabus, equivalent of Amus on piano.

I'm to do my AMEB Amus piano 2010 May/June, instead of this year in October as previously planned. Maybe becayse i only practise about an hour, two to three times a week? Not getting anywhere.

Lol with scales. I hated scales but you should discipline urself to play it everytime before you start playing your songs. Make it a habit and you'll automatically play scales before your songs.

And by 7th grade, you should be able to run through ur scales so quick it doesnt seem like dead chore.

The Amus IS THE GLORY! no scales =] even tho every friggn song you play has nuts scales in them anyway so your pretty much practising scales as u paly a song -_-

lychnobity

HSC
Instrumental practice is cumplosory if you want to play your particular insturment well. Nevertheless, I find it such a bore and can not really be bothered. Currently preparing for grade 8 ameb, and I'm "ment" to be practicing 1+ hour a day. But who can seriously bothered. Truth be told, I'm only practising 30 minutes a day...

anyways.
what insturment you play?
how long are you ment to practice a day?
how long do you ACTUALLY practice a day?
whats your grade?
Piano, 1 I spose, zero, 6th

But this is only because I quit playing to earn the grades, I just find good sheet music and play for fun now.

HSC
LoL, wait till u meet some super freaky asian kids around. Theers a freak ass asian dude from my school in year 9 doing a British syllabus, equivalent of Amus on piano.

I'm to do my AMEB Amus piano 2010 May/June, instead of this year in October as previously planned. Maybe becayse i only practise about an hour, two to three times a week? Not getting anywhere.

Lol with scales. I hated scales but you should discipline urself to play it everytime before you start playing your songs. Make it a habit and you'll automatically play scales before your songs.

And by 7th grade, you should be able to run through ur scales so quick it doesnt seem like dead chore.

The Amus IS THE GLORY! no scales =] even tho every friggn song you play has nuts scales in them anyway so your pretty much practising scales as u paly a song -_-
lol for asians..it's always either piano or violin hahaha

dancing_mermaid

HSC
I'm preparing for my AmusA on cello... noone's really given me a defined ammount of practice i should be doing (in hours/minutes) for this exam, but i guess at least an hour.

I seem to practice fairly erratically. Like, I hardly ever practice mondays, wednesdays, fridays or saturdays, but usually do on tuesdays and thursdays, less if anything's on at school or i have a party or need to go shopping or whatever. I mean, I know year ten doesnt matter, but my ego likes me to do well, so I skip practice.

It seems to be working, and has for all my other grades. For eighth, which was ages ago - i took two years off after the exam - I was meant to practice an hour or so a day, and hardly ever did, but I passed with some kind of honours or something, i foget what exactly I got.

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
what insturment you play? 12 string acoustic guitar
how long are you ment to practice a day? as long as i want
how long do you ACTUALLY practice a day? as long as i want
whats your grade? fuck off

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Try being a singer. I can practice hours and hours, but if I'm having a shit day on the exam, then bye bye UAI. Seriously, I've gone weeks practicing 1+ a day (which is pretty intense for voice) before performance assessments and STILL had a shit day and blown it.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC

haha, my friend's brother who's in year 6 atm just did his amus. and passed, i think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)