Pre-HSC/Trial Despairs. (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Mine: My parents are getting a divorce a week before my trials.

Alkanes

HSC
Wow are you srs?
That is definitely devastating.
All the best

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Mine: My parents are getting a divorce a week before my trials.
HAHAHAHAHAAHA
Mine is just that I keep having mental breakdowns and my sleeping pattern is fucked after 2 days of stress.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Wow are you srs?
That is definitely devastating.
All the best
Thanks. Any advice on what I should do for the appeal? And if let's say I come first in the trial exam for say.. math? Do i get extra marks?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks. Any advice on what I should do for the appeal? And if let's say I come first in the trial exam for say.. math? Do i get extra marks?
My school would tell me to suck it up.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
u shuld definitely go talk to ur teacher. this is a very unfavourable set of circumstances 4 u. however u shuld probs talk to them after the trial exam. unless u find u cannot sit it at all.

Best of luck with ur situation, u seem like a very nice person, i wish this doesnt have too big of a negative effect on ur life.

Alkanes

HSC
Lol ermm i'm not too sure. But it is sure a good reason to appeal if you think your situation will affect your overall performance.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
HAHAHAHAHAAHA
Mine is just that I keep having mental breakdowns and my sleeping pattern is fucked after 2 days of stress.
dude calm down srsly. ur ranks r gud atm. theres ppl at my skool who screw up one english assignment and fall like 120 spots in rankings bcuz my grades so huge. they fukin need to stress. just ace maths and science (exams u have control over) and ull be fine.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
u shuld definitely go talk to ur teacher. this is a very unfavourable set of circumstances 4 u. however u shuld probs talk to them after the trial exam. unless u find u cannot sit it at all.

Best of luck with ur situation, u seem like a very nice person, i wish this doesnt have too big of a negative effect on ur life.
Lol ermm i'm not too sure. But it is sure a good reason to appeal if you think your situation will affect your overall performance.
Thanks guys. I'm totally devasted. I'm definitely going to make an appeal and I believe that it will affect my overall performance.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
dude calm down srsly. ur ranks r gud atm. theres ppl at my skool who screw up one english assignment and fall like 120 spots in rankings bcuz my grades so huge. they fukin need to stress. just ace maths and science (exams u have control over) and ull be fine.
Yeah, if I don't come in the top 10 for this English thing I will drop to like 30th... So, I'm pretty stressed.
But yeah, I didn't mean to be harsh, I'm just a little crazy atm.
I think Ipodnano should do as advised above.

Gigacube

HSC
Sorry to hear about that. You should definitely make an appeal even if you think you will be fine. You can appeal to UAC too but I don't how that one works.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Oh damn. That sucks.

I hope that your studies continue on as smoothly as possible, don't worry. You'll make it through. :)

mangoz

HSC
You can make an appeal but the only thing that happens in most schools i would think is that if you perform below your usual standard (can be seen through comparing your marks after your trial) your marks for your trial will instead get based around your performance before the trials, as in all your assessments before it. Hence the problems with these situations is that you will never improve much in rank :/ Hope for the best!

jnney

lemon
HSC
Forgot to add !

I've been through a similar situation. The best you can do is ignore it. This has worked for me so far, because I don't want it to become the reason for my downfall in my studies - it simply isn't worth it - the TIME! Sometimes I compare myself to people in other situations who are less privelaged. How much would others desire to be in your position rather than starving in a third world country. You may think it's overboard and ridiculous, but come on. You couldn't possibly be going through a worse situation. Yes I know it still sucks, but at the end of the day, you need to do something about it. We'll always be confronted with tough situations. It's up to do to decide what you are going to do about it. I think the first step you should take is talk to somebody about it, perhaps your school counsellor or a teacher. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)