Pre-HSC/Trial Despairs. (1 Viewer)

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Forgot to add !

I've been through a similar situation. The best you can do is ignore it. This has worked for me so far, because I don't want it to become the reason for my downfall in my studies - it simply isn't worth it - the TIME! Sometimes I compare myself to people in other situations who are less privelaged. How much would others desire to be in your position rather than starving in a third world country. You may think it's overboard and ridiculous, but come on. You couldn't possibly be going through a worse situation. Yes I know it still sucks, but at the end of the day, you need to do something about it. We'll always be confronted with tough situations. It's up to do to decide what you are going to do about it. I think the first step you should take is talk to somebody about it, perhaps your school counsellor or a teacher. :)
yeh but ur still in prelim. not that im undermining ur situation.

jnney

lemon
HSC
yeh but ur still in prelim. not that im undermining ur situation.
Mm...yeah okay.

The most important thing is to have a network of people who you can refer yourself to.

tambam

HSC
Wow, it sucks to be to your situation, i hope you're okay =/
But in terms of appealing, you should definitely do it.
I'm not sure how it would work for your school, since some schools might just base getting extra marks on your previous results, so if you haven't done too well, it doesn't help much.
But in other situations, they might be more lenient and give you a few extra marks because they realise your situation has genuinely impacted you.
I think the best thing to do is to go see someone like your year adviser, or welfare teacher straight away, and then they can refer you to the school councilor.
And going to the school councilor would not only hopefully help you get through it, but they can also play a massive part in backing you up if you want to make an appeal, because it makes your case more legitimate, especially if you've been deeply affected.
& appealing can extend to the hsc as well.
This is a bad example, but i know of a girl from my school a few years ago whose parents faked a divorce just so she could get extra points, and she ended up getting 5 atar points, consequently getting into usyd law.
All the best, stay strong!

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Wow, it sucks to be to your situation, i hope you're okay =/
But in terms of appealing, you should definitely do it.
I'm not sure how it would work for your school, since some schools might just base getting extra marks on your previous results, so if you haven't done too well, it doesn't help much.
But in other situations, they might be more lenient and give you a few extra marks because they realise your situation has genuinely impacted you.
I think the best thing to do is to go see someone like your year adviser, or welfare teacher straight away, and then they can refer you to the school councilor.
And going to the school councilor would not only hopefully help you get through it, but they can also play a massive part in backing you up if you want to make an appeal, because it makes your case more legitimate, especially if you've been deeply affected.
& appealing can extend to the hsc as well.
This is a bad example, but i know of a girl from my school a few years ago whose parents faked a divorce just so she could get extra points, and she ended up getting 5 atar points, consequently getting into usyd law.
All the best, stay strong!
those r sum dedicated parents lol.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Okay I remember this other thing a friend of mine told me. He said, 'how are you going to be a doctor if you can't even handle your own problems? how are you going to deal with people dying every day? what, are you just going to breakdown and cry every single time?'

anne1010

HSC
sorry to hear :S
i know a chick whose parents got a divorce when she was 4. she sees her dad all the time and they were all on good terms. she appealed for extra marks cause apparently "shes still affecting". made up some bs about how she doesnt see her dad and it physiologically still affects her and got 5 extra marks...
just write about you seriously are affected cause i can only begin to imagine how hard it is but make sure you write in detail. no just a few sentences but get into it. thats through the access scheme i think its called. theyre applications are due in sep i think

but if your ranks do drop from trials your school can moderate them if your rank drops 20% i believe due to misadventure.

so u can get ur ranks moderated through the school and extra atar points through access scheme.

all the best for your trials!

LonelyWolf

HSC
Appeals should only be allowed for those with truly devastating disadvantages, its as bad as sports scholarships

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay I remember this other thing a friend of mine told me. He said, 'how are you going to be a doctor if you can't even handle your own problems? how are you going to deal with people dying every day? what, are you just going to breakdown and cry every single time?'
This is kind of my view too.
I think it's different for girls though, but for serials I encouraged my parents to get separated and I'm annoyed they aren't divorced yet, and whenever someone tells me of a family tragedy I always offer help and do whatever I can but I never really breakdown and I'll only show positive emotion towards the situation at positive times, and I only show sadness and shit when it will fix the problem or if there is something in it for me.

sorry to hear :S
i know a chick whose parents got a divorce when she was 4. she sees her dad all the time and they were all on good terms. she appealed for extra marks cause apparently "shes still affecting". made up some bs about how she doesnt see her dad and it physiologically still affects her and got 5 extra marks...
just write about you seriously are affected cause i can only begin to imagine how hard it is but make sure you write in detail. no just a few sentences but get into it. thats through the access scheme i think its called. theyre applications are due in sep i think

but if your ranks do drop from trials your school can moderate them if your rank drops 20% i believe due to misadventure.

so u can get ur ranks moderated through the school and extra atar points through access scheme.

all the best for your trials!
Holy fuck I am getting extra points!!!

maths94

HSC
For the moment do nothing and then apply for EAS which l am sure you will recieve 5 bonus points from that.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
u shuld definitely go talk to ur teacher. this is a very unfavourable set of circumstances 4 u. however u shuld probs talk to them after the trial exam. unless u find u cannot sit it at all.

Best of luck with ur situation, u seem like a very nice person, i wish this doesnt have too big of a negative effect on ur life.
I see what you did there.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sorry to hear your predicament, ipadnano, and hope you all the best through this difficult journey and the HSC.

Good luck!

crimson_delight

HSC
If your parents are getting divorced, that's - I hate to use this term, but - an opportunity for an appeal. The teachers can take that into consideration, and your marks MIGHT be altered. IDK.

I kind of wish I was having some kind of family drama so as to distract me from my study and procrastination. Neither is helping me, and both are destroying me. Good luck for the rest of your study! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)