• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Predict your Marks and Bands (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
Here is your chance to try to guess how you went in the state wide tests...

Remember, the school certificate is aligned upwards

I'll start it off with my predictions (raw marks in brackets)

English Prediction - 80 = Band 5 (63/90)
Maths Prediction - 91 = Band 6 (87/100)
Science Prediction - 86 = Band 5 (81/100)
History Prediction - 84 = Band 5 (39/50)
Geography Prediction- 90 = Band 6 (43/50)
Computers Prediction- 87 = Highly Competent (87/100)

Let's see how you's went!

P.S when you get your real marks, come back to what you posted on this and see how close your predictions were

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I had a minor 'nightmare' the other day, where I got Band 5 for English and received 12/20 for my extended response.

bored of sc

HSC
wow! so aplus, are you really good at english? I just hate the subject, especially multiple choice, I am predicting a band 4/5 for me, but by the sounds of it, you have a band 6 in the bag!

tell us your other subject predictions, I want to see if I am better than you at anything (I'm probably not)!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Mostly all around band 6 and 5. If I get 4 I'm going to die.

bored of sc

HSC
So, did everyone meet thier goals/predictions (not like many people posted on this thread but still) ??

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Kind of disappointed. English 91 Band 6. I was really expecting a lot more. The most surprising mark was Geography; 92 Band 6.
I hate geography and don't even care about it, not to mention that I got around 60% my trials.
History was surprising too, in a very different way. I had done Core History and Elective History for so long, and had always achieved a high result; and in the mid 90's for my trial. I got 86 Band 5. I suppose one of the reasons for which I could have lost marks was for being a smart ass. Remember the question which asked, 'What does the following source show about life in the immediate post WWII era?'
I knew exactly, what the answer was, but I decided to be smart and make this comment:
"Even if the source does match the description of the answer, you still wouldn't be able to make judgement, because there is no evidence at all, from the source, that this cartoon came from the immediate post WWII era. If you look at this source in general, it could have come from any era, even from today. Therefore, I can not make judgement upon a source which does not have substantial reliability as to the time in which it was made.
^Pretty stupid. Should have played it safe and not tried anything.

Deadbeat-x

HSC
I predicted all Band5s =]
and was even a little afraid that English may have landed on the 70s - my long responses weren't that great, especially the interview, I gave them one block of writing as the Guests response. No interview structure at all.

So I wasn't expecting anything of the 90s at all but then i opened my folio and saw -
Eng: 91
Maths: 90
Sci: 91
Geo: 92
Hist: 89 (pfft)
Comp: 96

I was utmost surprised and happy about the outcome but now I'm starting to question the BOS' marking and aligning system.

I really want to know my raw marks.

Last edited:

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Aplus said:
Kind of disappointed. English 91 Band 6. I was really expecting a lot more. The most surprising mark was Geography; 92 Band 6.
I hate geography and don't even care about it, not to mention that I got around 60% my trials.
History was surprising too, in a very different way. I had done Core History and Elective History for so long, and had always achieved a high result; and in the mid 90's for my trial. I got 86 Band 5. I suppose one of the reasons for which I could have lost marks was for being a smart ass. Remember the question which asked, 'What does the following source show about life in the immediate post WWII era?'
I knew exactly, what the answer was, but I decided to be smart and make this comment:
"Even if the source does match the description of the answer, you still wouldn't be able to make judgement, because there is no evidence at all, from the source, that this cartoon came from the immediate post WWII era. If you look at this source in general, it could have come from any era, even from today. Therefore, I can not make judgement upon a source which does not have substantial reliability as to the time in which it was made.
^Pretty stupid. Should have played it safe and not tried anything.
That's because you got all your marks from the last bit (Human Rights). ;)

lemonlolly

HSC
Predictions are first, actual results are in brackets

English - 80 (92)
Maths - 92 (88)
Science - 90 (87)
History - 80 (85)
Geography - 80 (83)

It turns out i fell short for the ones I thought I'd do best in, but most surprising to me was my english result. My story was so incredibly lame it made me laugh because of how much of a pathetic writer i am. I don't know, perhaps the markers sympathised with my story because it was kinda sad (the theme was laughter:confused: )

Does anyone know whether they mark you on correct spelling and punctuation? that could explain why i passed.

And I dont know how i passed the history exam, I had no idea what they were talking about most of the time, same with the geography (i was overseas for a couple of months in the middle of the year)

I'm not fussed though cuz everyone kept telling me it didn't really matter if you were doing yr 11.

Last edited:

bored of sc

HSC
lemonlolly said:
Predictions are first, actual results are in brackets

English - 80 (92)
Maths - 92 (88)
Science - 90 (87)
History - 80 (85)
Geography - 80 (83)

It turns out i fell short for the ones I thought I'd do best in, but most surprising to me was my english result. My story was so incredibly lame it made me laugh because of how much of a pathetic writer i am. I don't know, perhaps the markers sympathised with my story because it was kinda sad (the theme was laughter:confused: )

Does anyone know whether they mark you on correct spelling and punctuation? that could explain why i passed.

And I dont know how i passed the history exam, I had no idea what they were talking about most of the time, same with the geography (i was overseas for a couple of months in the middle of the year)

I'm not fussed though cuz everyone kept telling me it didn't really matter if you were doing yr 11.
in the school certificate for writing its not what you write its how you write it (skills), you could have a shit theme to your writing but if you write techinally well, sustain your ideas and use sophisticated langauge you are going to score well

bored of sc

HSC
finally got my results back :) and went considerably better than my predictions

actual results
english - 94
maths - 93
science - 91
history - 92
geography - 98
computers - 93

predictions were
english - 80
maths - 91
science - 86
history - 84
geography - 90
computers - 87

so got higher than predicted in all, sweet!

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
I'm doing my SC this year and apparantely, we're the last year to do it. Here are my predictions:

English: Band 4/5 - 60/100
Maths: Band 6 - 95/100
Science: Band 5/6 - 80/100
History: Band 6 - 96/100
Geography: Band 5/6 - 85/100
Computing Skills: I heard it was a joke, so I probably would do well

My real marks will probably come in November and its only April now :cool:

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
nerdsforever said:
I'm doing my SC this year and apparantely, we're the last year to do it. Here are my predictions:

English: Band 4/5 - 60/100
Maths: Band 6 - 95/100
Science: Band 5/6 - 80/100
History: Band 6 - 96/100
Geography: Band 5/6 - 85/100
Computing Skills: I heard it was a joke, so I probably would do well

My real marks will probably come in November and its only April now :cool:
You recieve your SC marks in December.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
lyounamu said:
That post was last year's :)
The post I replied to was posted yesterday but this thread was started last year. Haha I had to go back and check :)

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
lyounamu said:
Hahahahaha....

Sorry. I thought you were referring to the OP.
Nah its cool. I went back and edited my reply to your post but you had already posted. Haha but you did make me go back and check

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Hmm, predictions already? It's only April!
I guess I'll join the bandwagon;

English- 92/100 Band 6
Science- 86/100 Band 5
Maths- 80/100 Band 5
Geography 80/100 Band 5
History 85/100 Band.. I'm getting all A's in class at them moment, but no idea how, I hate the class and don't understand a thing. D:
Computing - Hopefully Band 6, sounds pretty easy.

Note; these aren't my AIM marks, only my predictions. I aim for all band 6 ;D Guess we'll just have to wait and see?

Last edited:

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Mathematics: 98 Band 6 A10
Science: 97 Band 6 A
English: 90 Band 6 A
Geography: 96 Band 6 A
History: 95 Band 6 A
Computing Skills: 84 Highly Competent

I guess my results are alright compared to my UAI aim. I just hope I can pull of just as good marks as these in the HSC.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)