Predictions for English Advanced 2023 HSC Questions (1 Viewer)

dsakvyilsa

HSC
I'm genuinely curious why people don't think it'll be a thematic essay this year?? I got the vibe that it would be on a specific theme seeing as they haven't done that since 2019
Also the fact that the english syllabus is changing soon..... I have obviously very little basis for this but I just feel like maybe we'll get something a little more complex than the previous 3, it feels like they've barely delved into much of the module (especially like the paradoxes part, or theme stuff like you said). But I guess we'll find out soon enough o_O we all know they could literally do anything.

Iceyscreen

HSC
About how much can everyone write for the common mod essay? I've heard 1000-1200 is best but in the 45 mins, I find I can only reach about 900.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
About how much can everyone write for the common mod essay? I've heard 1000-1200 is best but in the 45 mins, I find I can only reach about 900.
idk why they give an extra 5 mins for common mod its wierd
expectations r the same for mod A and B so u dont need to write extra for CM

IDontUseThis

HSC
In my experience, 900 words should be fine. As long as your argument is clear, and you have well chosen quotes/techniques to back it up it should be fine.

Iceyscreen

HSC
In my experience, 900 words should be fine. As long as your argument is clear, and you have well chosen quotes/techniques to back it up it should be fine.
Sweet thanks, this final day of prep is really weird I have no idea what to do haha

nsw..wollongong

HSC
wait guys what themes are u thinking? i remember 2019 i think being about loneliness but what other ones can be applied to every students' arguments? it cant be something so specific, surely not

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
wait guys what themes are u thinking? i remember 2019 i think being about loneliness but what other ones can be applied to every students' arguments? it cant be something so specific, surely not
honestly anything lmfao fear, love, control, freedom, rebellion, truth, language, belonging, betrayal, discovery, desires, change, morality

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
1200 but 900 should be fine as long as you answer the q directly

one trick I use to write more is to get myself to try and finish the essay in 35-40 minutes, it's just this weird mental trick i have that ends up working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)