Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
solid effort with eco :D

and dw, a lot of people find ext 1 eng very tenuous as a subject; it's completely different to adv eng (just by glancing the syllabus). so i reckon you should keep at it until the end of year 11 - maybe then you can make a more informed decision. but from what i observed, you should do ext 1 if you have a passion for english, otherwise you will despise it. probs why the cohort for ext 1 dwindled from 20~ ppl to just 4, currently
Thank you! Well initially, I took English Ext 1 because its my passion, however since I'm doing Physics, Economics and 3U Maths, I feel that it would be better if I performed extremely well in Advanced English (which I'm not right now because I haven't been focusing on it, sadly) and work hard in all of my subjects. Although its my passion, I always want to put what my best subjects forward, and whilst Advanced English was since Year 7 to 10, like you said, English Ext1 is on a complete different level.

I'll see how I do and make the decision at the end of Year 11, or I might just end up taking skills from Extension and have it for Advanced English.

element101anushrium

HSC
N/A
huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

How are you 2016'ers coping?
6 exams down. 1 to go.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I'm okay, I just went through my round of assessments for literally, every class.
Finished my HSC Business Studies Half Yearly.
3U Maths test tomorrow.
Got my Economics (19/20) and English Ext 1 (29/40 T_____T).
Sigh. Considering dropping English Ext 1 for the HSC if these marks continue.
All my half yearlies for Year 11 will start in Week 1 Term 2 (first off, Physics) and throughout Week 2 and 3 (2U Maths, 3U Maths, Economics).
Haha beast eco mark!

Keep up the great work and good luck for your other exams :D

You've still got plenty of time to pull up your English Extension 1 marks. Meanwhile focus on getting those marks up rather than dropping the subject; you'll be surprised with how much you can improve :)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Haha beast eco mark!

Keep up the great work and good luck for your other exams :D

You've still got plenty of time to pull up your English Extension 1 marks. Meanwhile focus on getting those marks up rather than dropping the subject; you'll be surprised with how much you can improve :)
Thanks :) Our Economics teacher was saying that if we worked at that rate consistently, we could be one of the first classes to get a lot of Band 6s (our school is in the average top 200, and Economics is usually a weak section of our school)!

Yeah, I'm determined to work harder and try get my marks to what I would like, and learn the skills I get from English Extension 1, its just that I can honestly feel the pressure of keeping up with Economics, Physics, 3U Maths and Accelerated Business that I am actually neglecting English Advanced + English Extension (because I am good and I am passionate about English) but because Senior year is so different to Year 7 - 10, me doing well in Year 10 is a lot different in English Extension. And English Advanced underperformance is just my own fault for not having the motivation.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm okay, I just went through my round of assessments for literally, every class.
Finished my HSC Business Studies Half Yearly.
3U Maths test tomorrow.
Got my Economics (19/20) and English Ext 1 (29/40 T_____T).
Sigh. Considering dropping English Ext 1 for the HSC if these marks continue.
All my half yearlies for Year 11 will start in Week 1 Term 2 (first off, Physics) and throughout Week 2 and 3 (2U Maths, 3U Maths, Economics).
Well done on economics!
And about Ext English if you enjoy it is well worth keeping with those marks.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Well done on economics!
And about Ext English if you enjoy it is well worth keeping with those marks.
I agree. But I feel like even if its a passion, it should be accompanied with really high marks. I just think that, the effort exerted in English Extension 1 can be distributed into my other subjects which is already strenuous already.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree. But I feel like even if its a passion, it should be accompanied with really high marks. I just think that, the effort exerted in English Extension 1 can be distributed into my other subjects which is already strenuous already.
I know people who at the beginning of Ext English (prelim) got worse marks then you, and it ended up counting for them for 1 of the compulsory ext english units.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I know people who at the beginning of Ext English (prelim) got worse marks then you, and it ended up counting for them for 1 of the compulsory ext english units.
I'll see :D I just lose passion because my marks + my tutor being very blunt and honest about my performance, makes me a little unmotivated, WHILST I'm excelling in all other subjects (with Physics being 80%-ish-range, which is my personal best).

Ambility

HSC
Just got my first exam result back yesterday - chemistry. I got 67/68 :D So happy.

Ambility

HSC
nice man, that's so good
Thanks, I was super happy to see it. The mistake I made was just a silly mistake, in the question I was essentially asked to divide two numbers, but instead I divided the first number by other number from the question. Just a silly mistake.

MilkyCat_

HSC
Thanks, I was super happy to see it. The mistake I made was just a silly mistake, in the question I was essentially asked to divide two numbers, but instead I divided the first number by other number from the question. Just a silly mistake.
who cares
you aced it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)