Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Brah you think its funny, but i was so close to doing it for synthesis speech
would've killed it, especially if i had to say a quote :haha:
i studied clueless in extension english as a prescribed text along with Jane Austen which is close enough haha
same bitchy girls and their issues

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
i studied clueless in extension english as a prescribed text along with Jane Austen which is close enough haha
same bitchy girls and their issues
ditto. did it in year 10, got my first 20/20 for that essay :)

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
ditto. did it in year 10, got my first 20/20 for that essay :)
haha me too :) pretty happy seeing as thats half of my extension english mark! now just gotta smash this post colonialism out of the way -____-

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
My cap is only 18/20 :(
For confident English people: How do you link your paragraphs back to your thesis? I don't make my linkings clear enough... can somebody give a eg of their linking sentences
If you send me some drafts you wrote, I can show you. Its better if I can comment based on some drafts you wrote :)
I guarantee a pretty good editing service, seeing I usually edit like half the grade's work LOL.
Btw, 20/20 in Year 10, is about a 17/20 in Year 11, so don't beat yourself up too hard.

Different standards in English from Year 10 to Year 11, just because.

Though, I won't be able to attend to it until after my trials, which is in Week 3.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
If you send me some drafts you wrote, I can show you. Its better if I can comment based on some drafts you wrote :)
I guarantee a pretty good editing service, seeing I usually edit like half the grade's work LOL.
Btw, 20/20 in Year 10, is about a 17/20 in Year 11, so don't beat yourself up too hard.

Though, I won't be able to attend to it until after my trials, which is in Week 3.
Thanks, really appreciate it :> Ill send a piece in a bit later

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC

Hey hey, let me enjoy my moment alrite
If you wanna right rumble ill take you on in the carpark :shouting:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Hey hey, let me enjoy my moment alrite
If you wanna right rumble ill take you on in the carpark :shouting:
I never lost a mark in English in Year 7 - 10, I know the true reality ; - ;
When you lost marks in a subject for the first time in 5eva.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Also, Sien, if you send me essays and I have never learnt the content, I will only be able to fix structures, vocab, maybe check the techniques you use, rather than actually provide better alternative quotes etc.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I never lost a mark in English in Year 7 - 10, I know the true reality ; - ;
When you lost marks in a subject for the first time in 5eva.
I find this impossible to believe, regardless of the school you go to. :haha:

I wouldn't even expect this from someone who gets a 98/99 HSC mark in HSC English.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I find this impossible to believe, regardless of the school you go to. :haha:

I wouldn't even expect this from someone who gets a 98/99 HSC mark in HSC English.
Yeah :D I never lost a mark in essays! I should be more clear :3 Sorry!

And marking at our school was not as strict, but senior school marking is like PEW PEW PEW QQ

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Mate did they make you recite the alphabet for your tests?
Yes ;D

I would say that my standard of essays was pretty good, in terms of junior school :D

Year 11 is a little disappointing, 17/20, which is meh apparently.

Last edited:

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Also, Sien, if you send me essays and I have never learnt the content, I will only be able to fix structures, vocab, maybe check the techniques you use, rather than actually provide better alternative quotes etc.
Yeah ofc, the fact that you offered help already made me really happy :) nowadays I have trouble with the linking sentence to thesis at the end of para. Thats my main prob I think

teridax

HSC
N/A
Yeah :D I never lost a mark in essays! I should be more clear :3 Sorry!

And marking at our school was not as strict, but senior school marking is like PEW PEW PEW QQ
hsc marking standards are like GG tho lol :haha:

would like to see you try getting full marks in your trials :p

Yeah ofc, the fact that you offered help already made me really happy :) nowadays I have trouble with the linking sentence to thesis at the end of para. Thats my main prob I think
you just need to keep your linking sentences to your thesis at the end of each para short and sweet. no point partaking in waffling tbh

that's what helped to ensure i answered the question

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
It's quite easy, once you get the hang of it. If you need help, i'll be willing to help cause it's like thing i'm good at with english lol, but im sure WLL will do the job 10x better than me

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

Aye! Which trials? My English one? Impossible! Senior school English has not been a perfect one for me at all :C

I never get feedback that points out errors in my writing style, rather, I lose marks because my overall essay isn't very "creative" apparently.

pomsky

HSC

Didn't hpf get like 100% in all her in-school assessments? Think I read that somewhere here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)