Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
anyone feeling unusually hungry these days? I ate a really fulfilling meal like 3 hrs ago and now my stomach is growling again.... Sometimes my hunger is so bad i have wake up in the middle of the night to eat ._. I feel like I'm the on path to obesity :O
I sit in my room and I keep drinking so much water and coffee every day - what is hunger? LOL

You know, the best way to avoid eating at night is to not stay up too late

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
ah finally half-yealies are over - ish! why did you guys have them so early? I've done both maths tests, physics, software and english sort of. Still have German to go at the end of term... It seems like my school is behind in terms of the dates of our assessments...
But all in all, im feeling pretty good with my subjects. :) Maths, is okay about average i think, got top mark in Software (90%), and no idea about physics yet, but im quite confident i'll smash through german :p

How are you guys feeling about year 11 so far?

barcyy

HSC
Is it just me or does anyone feel like their school is behind in covering the syllabus for year 11? We're past halfway and we seem behind in many subjects..

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Is it just me or does anyone feel like their school is behind in covering the syllabus for year 11? We're past halfway and we seem behind in many subjects..
I feel like my school is so fkn slow it's actually kinda painful, well that's only for bio and buisness studies. But who cares, since most of prelim won't be in the hsc course (excluding maths)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I sit in my room and I keep drinking so much water and coffee every day - what is hunger? LOL

You know, the best way to avoid eating at night is to not stay up too late
won't you pee alot lol i don't want to wake up 2 am in the morning+ winter season to go pee

Ambility

HSC
ah finally half-yealies are over - ish! why did you guys have them so early? I've done both maths tests, physics, software and english sort of. Still have German to go at the end of term... It seems like my school is behind in terms of the dates of our assessments...
But all in all, im feeling pretty good with my subjects. :) Maths, is okay about average i think, got top mark in Software (90%), and no idea about physics yet, but im quite confident i'll smash through german :p

How are you guys feeling about year 11 so far?
Some schools do half-yearly testing at the end of term 1. I think it's pretty cool, you only need to study for one term's worth of content.

I'm feeling pretty happy about year 11. I am worried though, I am very ambitious in my school grades, and I do fairly well except for english. I need to improve english.

HSC
1. Read more novels. Preferably classics (eg. 'The Great Gatsby' is great).
They will improve your vocabulary and expression.
2. Acquire a good essay and absorb its structure, analysis of techniques etc.
3. PREPARE. Sounds simple but failing to prepare is preparing to fail. Write an essay before the exam and give it to your teacher. Memorise the essay or your concepts really well. Not pre-writing an essay and memorising your text/essay could mean a difference of 5 marks or larger (out of 20) than if you just winged it.
4. If you can easily get >90 in all your other subjects you should be well on your way to 99+ (that is, if you get >90 for english and your school isnt complete trash)
Appreciate the advice, I'm certainly going to try it out with preparing the essay. My school is currently doing Shakespeare's King Lea!! By the way, is it just my school or does anyone feel like their school is going through the topics really slowly?

rawrliongirl

HSC
During prelim my school seemed to take longer than expected for a few of my subjects *cough* SCIENCE *cough*. When it came to term 3 of year 11 they were trying to rush everything. :/

blackbird_14

HSC
During prelim my school seemed to take longer than expected for a few of my subjects *cough* SCIENCE *cough*. When it came to term 3 of year 11 they were trying to rush everything. :/
Yeah apparently our chem course at school nearly always runs into the first week of term 4

HSC
Just a question for any of yous who volunteered to go door knocking for the Salvation Army for donations. Has anyone been rude to you? And why are they rude to you? Is there a reason? I mean we're the good people who's helping out right? I got yelled at by an old dude when I asked if he wanted to donate or nah and he growled at me! "None! You're no good!" I mean I was going to have a go at this oldie, i mean wth. Have you guys had any bad experiences with volunteering??

blackbird_14

HSC
Just a question for any of yous who volunteered to go door knocking for the Salvation Army for donations. Has anyone been rude to you? And why are they rude to you? Is there a reason? I mean we're the good people who's helping out right? I got yelled at by an old dude when I asked if he wanted to donate or nah and he growled at me! "None! You're no good!" I mean I was going to have a go at this oldie, i mean wth. Have you guys had any bad experiences with volunteering??
Wow that sounds grizzly. From what I heard some people can be like that :(

MilkyCat_

HSC
half yearly report ranks

English advanced 10/51
Sor 1 1/53
mathematics 3/33
extension 1 1/11
chemistry 4/19
physics 1/17
pdhpe 2/41

school usually ranks in the 100's so I am fairly content at the moment but I know i have to improve english lol

astroman

HSC
half yearly report ranks

English advanced 10/51
Sor 1 1/53
mathematics 3/33
extension 1 1/11
chemistry 4/19
physics 1/17
pdhpe 2/41

school usually ranks in the 100's so I am fairly content at the moment but I know i have to improve english lol
what a boss

sumtgk

HSC
N/A
adv eng 14th
maths 3rd
mx1 1st
chem 6th
physics 7th
engineering 4th
multimedia 2nd

most of my term 1 assessments were horrible because I was away at the start of the year for a few weeks, if our 2nd assessments were counted in this I would be no less than 3rd in everything imo

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
nice job guys!

we got reports but they were so stupid, they only wrote what marks we got for the first term (not even half yearlies!) and the weighting it had. Then a tiny little comment... no marks, and no grades, so really nothing to base where we stood within the cohort. I already knew my marks, and the comments were so copy paste -____- the reports were even better in junior school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)