Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I'm too lazy to try for leadership roles, I let all the loud and crazy people take those roles.
I'm too socially awkward to have a leadership role :"(
In my school most of the students in leadership roles, idk they feel really fake. Like they put on this facade and pretend to be good responsible people, it's actually kind of ctingeworthy... btw I don't have anything against people in leadership roles, just my school is really you know

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I'm too socially awkward to have a leadership role :"(
In my school most of the students in leadership roles, idk they feel really fake. Like they put on this facade and pretend to be good responsible people, it's actually kind of ctingeworthy... btw I don't have anything against people in leadership roles, just my school is really you know
Yeah. They are just the public face for my school, I know they are irresponsible drinkers and party-goers, people I don't respect. And they aren't extremely brilliant (except for this year's Year 12). That's why it's a big popularity contest at my school rather than a legitimate thing in my eyes.

Not saying they don't have leadership and values, but a majority of them aren't going to make it on the 90+ ATAR honours board anyways

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Yeah. They are just the public face for my school, I know they are irresponsible drinkers and party-goers, people I don't respect. And they aren't extremely brilliant (except for this year's Year 12). That's why it's a big popularity contest at my school rather than a legitimate thing in my eyes.

Not saying they don't have leadership and values, but a majority of them aren't going to make it on the 90+ ATAR honours board anyways
Lol, im a combination of just about everything. At our school, leadership is still a popularity contest, but luckily for me i'm quite well known in our grade and so i get most of the votes. I'm a party person but also want that 95+ atar, so im getting the best of both worlds. SO, i get votes from my peers for being known and going parties and get votes from teachers from grades :)
The male roles in leadership aren't as popular cause the guys are other too shy or too dropkick, so not much competition for me. The girls side on the other hand......*shudder*

blackbird_14

HSC

Teachers at my school kept stressing that being a prefect was not a popularity contest, but I don't think anyone bought into that- it's still a popularity contest at the end of the day- you aren't known somewhat, then you won't be voted for. Which is really sad when the "popular" people get in, and those who have a greater vision and leadership than them don't get in is a bit of an injustice. I must say though, there are some really smart noggins in the current prefect body, but I'd say that's an exception (in comprehensive high schools).

I honestly didnt think I would be elected- so when they called my name I was in shock- I'm definitely not the most popular person in the school by far (hiding in music rooms probably aided my persona of a music student who has no life (jokes)).

I feel like I'm being cynical against myself.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Imo I have no problem with a leadership body that's not academically driven, as long they aren't drop kicks. they can party all day for all i care. The problem lies in the fact that they're fake af even cheap Chinese imports are more genuine than them

blackbird_14

HSC
Lol, im a combination of just about everything. At our school, leadership is still a popularity contest, but luckily for me i'm quite well known in our grade and so i get most of the votes. I'm a party person but also want that 95+ atar, so im getting the best of both worlds. SO, i get votes from my peers for being known and going parties and get votes from teachers from grades :)
The male roles in leadership aren't as popular cause the guys are other too shy or too dropkick, so not much competition for me. The girls side on the other hand......*shudder*
Jealously runs high at an all girls school when the ones who expected to get into a leadership role don't. (IMO- those stuck up bitches gosh they remind me of the plastics)

Fiction

HSC
Teachers at my school kept stressing that being a prefect was not a popularity contest, but I don't think anyone bought into that- it's still a popularity contest at the end of the day- you aren't known somewhat, then you won't be voted for. Which is really sad when the "popular" people get in, and those who have a greater vision and leadership than them don't get in is a bit of an injustice. I must say though, there are some really smart noggins in the current prefect body, but I'd say that's an exception (in comprehensive high schools).

I honestly didnt think I would be elected- so when they called my name I was in shock- I'm definitely not the most popular person in the school by far (hiding in music rooms probably aided my persona of a music student who has no life (jokes)).

I feel like I'm being cynical against myself.
You have a point and I know I'm stereotyping, but (and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you), what I've found is that more often than not, those people who aren't known, aren't as involved within the school community. I mean, if you were involved in clubs, competitions, teams, etc offered within the school, then chances are, you have formed/ or have been given the opportunity form, more solid relationships with people from both your grade and different grades, than someone who hasn't participated in all these activities. So I would say it's fair to have student representatives who do shift more towards more the enthusiastic/ willing to participate in all ECs type. If anything, I don't actually see the point of intellect (other than sensibility which ~usually~ follows intellect). I mean- it's not really going to help much with communication if you're book smart but socially awkward. Popularity shouldn't be the key criteria for being elected, but attributes typically associated with popularity, can give someone a well-deserved advantage.

It is sad that students who have greater vision might not get in - but honestly, if you really think about it, there's not much a high schooler can do in terms of vision. And there are other ways of getting that vision/ideal across, than being a leader.

And you should be proud of yourself! :) Any leadership position looks good in applications.

blackbird_14

HSC
You have a point and I know I'm stereotyping, but (and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you), what I've found is that more often than not, those people who aren't known, aren't as involved within the school community. I mean, if you were involved in clubs, competitions, teams, etc offered within the school, then chances are, you have formed/ or have been given the opportunity form, more solid relationships with people from both your grade and different grades, than someone who hasn't participated in all these activities. So I would say it's fair to have student representatives who do shift more towards more the enthusiastic/ willing to participate in all ECs type. If anything, I don't actually see the point of intellect (other than sensibility which ~usually~ follows intellect). I mean- it's not really going to help much with communication if you're book smart but socially awkward. Popularity shouldn't be the key criteria for being elected, but attributes typically associated with popularity, can give someone a well-deserved advantage.

It is sad that students who have greater vision might not get in - but honestly, if you really think about it, there's not much a high schooler can do in terms of vision. And there are other ways of getting that vision/ideal across, than being a leader.

And you should be proud of yourself! :) Any leadership position looks good in applications.
True that- I guess if you weren't involved in anything you really don't want to be in a leadership position in the first place. And I can't imagine a socially awkward captain- that would just be nuts!

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
No no don't get me wrong, in my time at my high school, I have seen some amazing and well balanced students who enjoy attending socials and being so hardworking.

But I believe my grade is pretty trash in general, so it's just a floundering orgy looking for reasons to further emit their loudness and over-confidence LOL

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I'm on the src!!!!
(Datatar, at parties do you get sloppy?)
Lol nah, i stay pree sober and clean at parties. I just dance hard and hit on every chick [emoji23]
Wbu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teridax

HSC
N/A
Lol nah, i stay pree sober and clean at parties. I just dance hard and hit on every chick [emoji23]
Wbu?

interesting sig haha

i don't get billy sunday's quote tho haha

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
No no don't get me wrong, in my time at my high school, I have seen some amazing and well balanced students who enjoy attending socials and being so hardworking.

But I believe my grade is pretty trash in general, so it's just a floundering orgy looking for reasons to further emit their loudness and over-confidence LOL
LOL, "floundering orgy" too good
Im pree proud of my year group, we have some pretty dedicated ppl, unlike the year 10's who are literally the most stoned and drop kick group ever

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Since we are discussing leadership, here's a little story from me. One of the deputy principals at my school gives me a 'shame on you' look or even turns his back every time I seem to walk past because you know why? I didn't put my name down for school capt. He doesn't seem to let go of the past. At the end of the day its my choice isn't it? I don't need others making decisions for me lol. Keep in mind that this deputy is agro asf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)