Prelim/HSC Tutoring: English, Mathematics, History, Chemistry, Biology (99.55 UAI) (1 Viewer)

eunkuk91

HSC
Re: Fairfield Liverpool Tutoring: Biology, Mod History, Ext History, 2u Maths [99.55

i would request for chemistry tutor but i live in the northern region... near concord...

curry-desi-

HSC
Re: Prelim/HSC Tutoring: English, Mathematics, History, Chemistry, Biology (99.55 UAI

Hey, are you willing to come out to campbelltown?
Hi, my name is Kevin.

I have just recently finished my HSC in 2008 and obtained a UAI of 99.55. As a current Law student, I would like to provide a tutoring service to current HSC students. As the Preliminary year begins to wind down, I will be looking forward to taking up new HSC students for 2010! Additionally, I will also be consider students who are not in Year 11 or 12, so please message me for details.

So what subjects do I offer?

Advanced/Standard English - 94/100
I'm also available to tutor English from now on, but you must outline what texts you are doing in advance. I've tried to familiarise myself with the new Area of Study, but in essence, the concepts and ideas associated with Belonging are quite similar to Journeys and Change. I'll offer essay, creative writing and source deconstruction advice to you, along with attempting to allow you to comprehend the relevant themes of your texts. But let me know about your texts in advance!

General/ 2U Mathematics

I received a mark of 94/100 for Maths Extension One and 88/100 for Maths Extension Two, but as of such, I will only be offering a service for 2U Mathematics. I have a strong understanding of the concepts involved in the 2U course, and how they can applied in a practical manner in examination questions - an approach that I would like to familiarise you with. I have lots of past papers and will try to maximise your mark in assessments, exams and ultimately your final rank.

Biology – 94/100
I ranked second in Biology and was able to gain the highest mark in my grade. I did all three core subjects (Maintaining a Balance, Blueprint of Life and Search for Better Health), along with the Option topic, the Human Story. However, I am also well-versed in the Communications option so that will be available depending on what you do. I’ve got lots of notes and sheets for Biology, along with an array of past papers from different schools. I will attempt to expand on your individual approach to Biology, and reinforcing it with a practical focus on the syllabus, Australian examples and scientific skills.

Modern History – 95/100

I ranked first in this subject and was able to gain a high internal mark at school. I did World War One, Germany, Albert Speer and Conflict in the Pacific. However, I am also well-versed in other modules such as Russia. I have a lot of notes and essays that I have accumulated from sources, and many past papers including CSSA and Independent trials. For Modern, I will attempt to assist you in developing critical essay and research skills, along with the historiographical issues involved in Modern.

Extension History – 48/50
I ranked first internally in this subject, and my modules were What is History?and Elizabeth. I achieved full marks for my Major Work - the Allied bombing of Dresden and ultimately received a mark of 48/50 for Extension. This is perhaps my favourite subject, and I believe I will able to enhance your critical thinking and argumentative skills in this topic, whether its in deconstructing sources or developing the arguments of different historians in your essays.

Legal Studies
In some instances, I will be able to provide tutoring in Legal Studies as well.

I am able to provide tutoring in the Fairfield/Liverpool region. In terms of specific locations, I’d prefer tutoring at public libraries but if needs be, I will provide tuition at your location. I’ll also be available to assist you on the phone or through MSN/Hotmail if it’s required during the schooling week.

Costs:
It depends on the location and timing. I’m looking at a range of about $25-30/hour but prices are negotiable.

Contact details:
PM me for more details! :)

EDIT: My friend, who achieved two state rankings in Chemistry and Physics, and is currently doing Engineering/Law, is looking for students in the Fairfield region. He is an exceptional communicator and very knowledgeable.

Livian385

HSC
N/A
Re: Prelim/HSC Tutoring: English, Mathematics, History, Chemistry, Biology (99.55 UAI

need a tutor for Yr 8 student's Math/Science....can you do it?

livian385@yahoo.com.au

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC

Hey Kevin :),

Is it possible for you to send me the human story notes through PM?

Thanks.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Guys, after a few busy weeks, I am back again to offer some tutoring services. My apologies to those who have made a post here/PMed me, and did not receive a reply. If you are still interested, please send a private message to me.

All grades are welcome.

atrocityx

HSC

hey, im located in fairfield and i would like to join your tutor for biology and chemistry :)

pm me back thanks!

Roriito

HSC

Hey, i live in the Liverpool Area, Im may need help with assesment tasks and feedback for my essays and creative writing. Im hoping to maybe do tutoring on the holidays to familiarize myself with next years topics and prepare for my half yearlys. I do Adv Eng, Gen Maths, Biology, Modern History and Legal Studies...unfortunately my school could'nt provide Ext History. I will probably only need tutoring for English and Biology.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Re: Fairfield Liverpool Tutoring: Biology, Mod History, Ext History, 2u Maths [99.55

Bump!

HSC

Guys what are you waiting for. :)

Bobboilson

HSC

Hi, Just a question..
How did you study? Did you use exams or notes or whatnot?
If you used notes could you pleae email me Chemistry + Biology it would be much appreciated.
lp-work@hotmail.com :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A

^ Depends on the subject - English and the Humanities required a different approach as opposed to the Maths and Sciences. And yup, to put it simply, it was basically to write notes (or essays/essay plans) with the use of as many past paper exams as possible.

Bump.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Bump!

acemusic415

HSC

I do not recommend Kevin, he's horrible due to the sole fact that the help me achieve 1st in English and 5th in History - not to mention a mark of 93 in English and 97 in History (1st in my cohort for both) for the School Certificate. Don't forget that he helped me come from 59th to 4th in Geography.

Kidding, he's tops! I'd recommend Kevin to any students who need guidance!

Seriously, the best tutor out there, I've been through many tutors, he's not only a mentor but a good friend too!

Kujah

HSC
N/A

^LOL. Thanks!

Bump.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Bump!

POLANAKI

HSC

How do you pm ? :S

Oh well, is your friend still offereing tutuoring in physics ?
I'm really desperate at the moment because my hsc is coming within a few months so i really really need to catch-up with physics oh wellis i hope his still offering.

ah ! are you still tutouring general math ?

Peace.. :)

Last edited:

2838ek

HSC

Hi

Please contact me on 2838ek@gmail.com

Thanks

JackyCheng

HSC

hey, i dnt know how to use this but could u tutor me, if so, could u also email me Jee_no.17@hotmail.com :)
thank you !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)