Preliminary Exams (1 Viewer)

may22

HSC
Just finished my physics exam, expecting a 100 because I found it really easy. I got my english and maths exam tommorow, back to back. My eco and business made their tasks assignment and they're due on thursday.
Hope you do well!

I've got X1 English tomorrow...then chem....then X1 math...
My hardest subjects right after each other lol

Anyone just finished their exams today? How did it go?
None today thankfully

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
If anyone else has their mathematics exams upcoming and they don't know where to get past papers from;
https://thsconline.github.io/s/yr11/Maths/prelimpapers_advanced.html#v is a good site.

I would suggest attempting all the recent papers in timed condition and after that, go to the old papers and just pick questions from there with relevance, there's not much you can do as of now so if you haven't learnt some content, I would suggest just quickly reviisng over the chapters and try to gain a formulaic method to encountering questions and hope for the best. If you have learnt all the content and you're just revising, the only best thing you can do now is just practice your exam skills. Make sure to sleep well as well, all the best!

may22

HSC
If anyone else has their mathematics exams upcoming and they don't know where to get past papers from;
https://thsconline.github.io/s/yr11/Maths/prelimpapers_advanced.html#v is a good site.

I would suggest attempting all the recent papers in timed condition and after that, go to the old papers and just pick questions from there with relevance, there's not much you can do as of now so if you haven't learnt some content, I would suggest just quickly reviisng over the chapters and try to gain a formulaic method to encountering questions and hope for the best. If you have learnt all the content and you're just revising, the only best thing you can do now is just practice your exam skills. Make sure to sleep well as well, all the best!
Oh yeah, I've gotten some great papers from there for most of my subjects.

And....what is this sleep you speak of? 😂

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Is that a good thing or bad thing? It's cool to not stress about exams, but assignments can be annoying 😅
They made the assignments ridicolous, its multimedia or smthn like that, to the point where its way easier just doing an exam. Eco and Business aren't hard subjects to do in exams at all but the assignment counterparts are tedious af. We have to do a Ted-Talk/animation style for our assignments and its really annoying to do them;I would rather do back-to-back exams, hell even extended responses.

But I guess it relieves the pressure you would feel with exams but still 🤷‍♀️ and they didn't decrease weighting for it so its a good 40%..

may22

HSC
They made the assignments ridicolous to the point where its way easier just doing an exam. Eco and Business aren't hard subjects to do in exams at all but the assignment counterparts are tedious af. We have to do a Ted-Talk/animation style for our assignments and its really annoying to do them;I would rather do back-to-back exams, hell even extended responses.
Oh yeah, that kind is annoying. Honestly some subjects are just better off having every assessment as an exam lol

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Yeah tbh I'm starting to prefer exams more than assignments, you just have to revise and prepare yourself to do it, its just 1-2 hours and then you're done but I guess the pressure and anxiety you get really sucks. The only subject I would only want assignments for is English, written exams suck because you have to prepare a week in prior just writing out your essay continuously until you feel confident and even then you might forget some details in the exam.

may22

HSC
Yeah tbh I'm starting to prefer exams more than assignments, you just have to revise and prepare yourself to do it, its just 1-2 hours and then you're done but I guess the pressure and anxiety you get really sucks. The only subject I would only want assignments for is English, written exams suck because you have to prepare a week in prior just writing out your essay continuously until you feel confident and even then you might forget some details in the exam.
In all honesty, I was freaking out for my english advanced exam, but I think I did alright...I mean, I managed to finish my essay in time, which I hadn't been able to do it mock exams. Literally put the final full stop on the last second lmao

I think english assignments are....alright, depending on what it is, because you can at least send through drafts and continuously re-edit. But there's a certain...adrenaline rush with the exam lol

FesuY

HSC
Did my english paper today. It wasnt as bad as I anticipated it to be. Got Economics tomorrow and ive barely prepared. So yeah thats my prelims so far

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Did my english paper today. It wasnt as bad as I anticipated it to be. Got Economics tomorrow and ive barely prepared. So yeah thats my prelims so far
Try to cram as much as you can, the good thing with eco is that its mostly memorization. I would recommend revising mainly on government intervention and financial markets for extended response since those are the topics that are typically extended responses and hold the bulk of the marks. Make sure you can tell between a price ceiling a price floor, I think those 2 are the most confusing and easy to lose marks on. Other than that, all the other topics are quite easy and I doubt you'd be challenged by say Labour Markets or Introduction to Economics. Once again I think the hardest part of the prelims is the latter topics, Financial and Gov. Intervention, so I would focus on that the most.

MC should be pretty straightforward and easy given you've memorised quite a bit, I would focus on trying to answer those extended response questions since you would lose a lot of marks there if you haven't prepared adequately.

All the best.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Lol if its open book then that is an easy 90+ for eco as long as you organise your notes, the only place I'd see justifiable losing marks is in extended response then. I wouldn't worry about open book exams for humanities subjects because then half the difficulty is pretty much removed and it just boils down to your essay writing skill.

milsk8

HSC
Lol if its open book then that is an easy 90+ for eco as long as you organise your notes, the only place I'd see justifiable losing marks is in extended response then. I wouldn't worry about open book exams for humanities subjects because then half the difficulty is pretty much removed and it just boils down to your essay writing skill.
my school is not allowing open book but everyone will probably use their books anyway haha.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
So I did my exam but my response didn't go through so I'm sitting it again :rolleyes: after my english exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)