Preparing for Software HSC Exam (1 Viewer)

-X-

HSC
N/A
Who are the niggars meant to be?

Not being racist btw. I call all my black friends "mah niggaz" :D

Winston

HSC
i believe studying for software has no real formulas, you just really gotta know your theory work, but for algorithsm, it's a definite continuous practice, i mean people hate algorithms primarily because they don't think sequencially just like the computer executes it's task

you see writing algorithms is a matter of breaking down the steps in your mind and tackling them one by one

for example they want you to write an algorithm and had provided a scenario for you

your first goal will be to declare the variables your gonna be using in your mind, you then read the question slowly and understand the requirements and slowly implement, you can first try to implement each requirement in it's appropriate control structure then once that's completed you can amalgamate a few control structures and bind the processes together to make it flow better.

it's all the matter of taking things step by step and not taking it too hard on your brain, i have noticed that the things i see in exams and doubted that i knew it i had seem to achieve extremely good in

Rahul

Dead Member
guy in the back of this...

yeh he's funny!

not meant to be anything...jus came across this pic.....i thought it was :lol:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I think the guy holding the bar says "Tastes like F**k" ?

Rahul

Dead Member
"thats the fudge"??

anyways....back to sdd.:)

wouldnt doing past papers be the best option. i think u can pick up on the style of the exams.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
teacher always get us to do sample questions...just points on how to answer it....

looks like "thats not fun"

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
the sdd paper is boring, period :D
yeah very... cause your just going about shit...

for me.. i answer liek 2 mark questions with a page response, because i practically write one page in 2 minutes anyways, thats when i know my stuff in the brain

just to secure my marks and gurantee it

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
does the hsc course review all the bullshit covered in prelim course

if not, does the exam include stuff from prelim course?

Foong

Is it me or is about half the SDD course common sense?
To me it is, and the other half is just algorithms, pseudocode, BNF, EBNF, logic gates, binary and hex?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Foong
Is it me or is about half the SDD course common sense?
To me it is, and the other half is just algorithms, pseudocode, BNF, EBNF, logic gates, binary and hex?
well yes...
not geneal common sense

i'd call it computer common sense more like it

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
some of its common sense. the problem with sdd is you have to write so much to get the marks. in the trial i thought i wrote heaps to get my marks. i went way over the lines, yet it was only half marks.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
yah it covers stuff from the prelim, only i think the option topic depends on whether u do math work for the binary -> hex and shit.

but other then that its just more in depth shit we covered in the prelim. =0)
ahh ok thxthx... our skool is going so damn slow we only just finished learning the railroad diagrams and ebnf/bnf shit ... which happens to be like 55-60% completion point of the prelim course

not that im complaining :D

1st/2nd in the grade and i barely study ^^

mayb thats coz most the ppl in sdd are dropping it next year (or term i shud say)

Foong

I know all my stuff, but the problem is I don't have enough time to finish it, I don't know why..... I left out one whole question in my trial. Anyone know ow to remedy this?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
What I do is skim most of my answers. Just do it so you will gain some marks and try finish the paper asap. When you are done you can just go back to it and elaborate more on it.

This way ensures you don't miss out on too much. 1 question is work like 20 marks. It's a lot to miss.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I finished my trial in two hours, so i'm not sure time is a factor.

Originally posted by Foong
I know all my stuff, but the problem is I don't have enough time to finish it, I don't know why..... I left out one whole question in my trial. Anyone know ow to remedy this?
Read all the questions at the beginning like 21-24/25 (during reading time), and skip the multiple choice until the end. You should have enough time this way if you didn't previously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)