Preparing for Software HSC Exam (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Foong
I know all my stuff, but the problem is I don't have enough time to finish it, I don't know why..... I left out one whole question in my trial. Anyone know ow to remedy this?
do you happen to be a slow writer?

like enak i too finish the sdd exam paper in 2 hours, not because i know everything but because i write fast and its also cause some questions i can just write an answer to so quick off the top of my head without thinking

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by ezzy85
some of its common sense. the problem with sdd is you have to write so much to get the marks. in the trial i thought i wrote heaps to get my marks. i went way over the lines, yet it was only half marks.
Maybe you didnt nail the question spot on??? I have the tendicy to waffle (I kinda can cause I type in exams), but yer nailing the point is the way to go...

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
like enak i too finish the sdd exam paper in 2 hours, not because i know everything but because i write fast and its also cause some questions i can just write an answer to so quick off the top of my head without thinking
Exactly, you will probably get to the point where you will spot keywords and answer the question correctly without reading the whole thing.

Maybe break down the exam in time slots. Usually I find I do the exam like this: 15 minutes for MC, and hour and 10 minutes for section II and 20 minutes for the Option, then I have another 15 minutes to check up on mistakes or to touch up on things.

Maybe my SDD exam was short, but that's how it went.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I really think people finish late because of coding algorithims and checking them for errors...

They eat up soooo much time...

Kn1ght_M4r3

yeah i eat heaps of time checking the algorithms. but i didn't in the trial, i did the algorithm in pencil and then i continued on and wen i finished the paper i did one check on the paper, and then i went back to the algorithm section and stayed there lol.

i find that is better then staying on the algorithm checking it so many times, and not checking rest of paper. =0)

Foong

Originally posted by Winston
do you happen to be a slow writer?

I don't think so...let's just say I'm average....
Well I do MC first, then dev view of hardware (Since I'm best at that), then I go on to the other questions....
i think its alright that way...
hopefully i can finish the paper in the HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)