• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Private vs. Public Schools! (2 Viewers)

Lentern

HSC
Every child deserves an equal opportunity and an equal opportunity starts with an fair and equitable education system. Ergo private schooling is the work of the devil.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
There should not be such things as 'private' schools.

Garygaz

HSC
where does your idea of equality end? if there should be no private schools, you too would have to argue that there should be no private hospitals or health clinics. if there are no private hospitals, then obviously high-end cancer medication should be totally subsidized by the government because everyone, for some reason, is entitled to an equal opportunity to life!

i don't the wishy washy idea that everyone is entitled to everything from the government. yes, obviously it is important that some level of equality is ensured though it's been aptly demonstrated in the past that those who wish to strive ahead can achieve high standards in public schools. also, i personally think your peer/friend group in school makes a bigger difference than the school itself.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I agree, there should be no private hospitals. Cancer treatment should certainly be subsidized (isn't most of it already?).

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
What you are saying is that if you have the means, you shouldnt be able to pay more (and with a progressive tax scale you already do) to enjoy a higher standard of care/education than what is deemed good, acceptable and standard by the government?

Garygaz

HSC
What you are saying is that if you have the means, you shouldnt be able to pay more (and with a progressive tax scale you already do) to enjoy a higher standard of care/education than what is deemed good, acceptable and standard by the government?
exactly my point. that's one of the motivators of money. you work harder, you work longer, you get more money, you enjoy more privelages. incentives promote growth.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
No sorry you cant spend your money on a new kitchen to enable a higher quality of life, not unless everyone has access to it

No sorry i dont care that you went to a public school and worked hard to gain a higher atar then excelled at uni through hard work to land a higher paying job (because you worked hard and contribute more to society than others), you cant spend that money on whatever you want (like higher quality health-care or education for your offspring)

This all assumes that the government provides an adequate base level of care in the first place (it does)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
yes if you have money you should be allowed to spend it as you please

children have no money, this is why all children should die

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
What if people want to spend their money on keeping children alive

What if some people want to spend their money on keeping children in cages

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
What if people want to spend their money on keeping children alive

What if some people want to spend their money on keeping children in cages
what if people want to spend their money on keeping children dead

what if some people want to spend their money on having organic, locally sourced, free range children?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
that is okay as long as they are 'brainless' children
we can keep them in high density urban children farms
tender

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
would it be wrong to kill and eat a human who was a vegetable that couldnt feel pain or experience emotion

Garygaz

HSC
there's that australian philosopher at ANU who's a friend of dawkins and his ideology on food was based on its ability to experience emotions and pain. for example he is a vegetarian because he believes he doesn't have the right to deny an animal its life based on the fact that it too is experiencing 'life'. he does, however, make room for living, yet thoughtless/experience-less animals like clams. so, by that logic - no.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
does he also live in a biosphere and never move because being a philosopher at anu would certainly contribute to the deaths of many animals every day though the use of electricity, clothing, society in general

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
would it be wrong to kill a private school student if he or she was an absolute cunt?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
wouldnt you be more likely to encounter public school students who are cunts i mean they are poor and more likely to be stupid and criminals and therefore cunts

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
It's all a matter of the school itself. Public schools receive far less funding, so naturally they'll be stumped in comparison; you can succeed no matter where you are - as long as you can apply yourself.

katie tully said:
wouldnt you be more likely to encounter public school students who are cunts i mean they are poor and more likely to be stupid and criminals and therefore cunts
Statistically, yes. Statistically there are more public schools/ students than private schools/students, so, statistically speaking there is a greater chance.

The amount of money that someone or their family has is not relevant to what type of person they are or character they display. That view (if it wasn't trolling, which many people have) is just... Retarded.

If someone's going to be a cunt, it doesn't matter where they're schooled - they'll still be a cunt. It's their ~destiny~.

Last edited:

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
not all criminals are cunts e.g. those blokes that threw firebombs at the abortion clinic in western australia. they're patriots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)