Private vs. Public Schools! (1 Viewer)

Chahoud

HSC
You won't be able to afford to live. Hahahaha
I know that JT is shit because it has a shit ranking. :p
HAHAHAH Those days are clearly over. Also, Elizabeth MacArthur is partially selective and they aren't even on the list. Hahahah
Ctown is pretty shit. Hahah
Hahaha but teaching something I've always wanted to do hahaha, oh yer true that and hahahahahaha proves my point :p but we still get peeps that do well like I member years ago the dud in my school got 99 point something hahaha :) homg how embracing :$ all wells I guess haha

private schools care more about their image than your education.
Thank you some one agrees !

studier1

HSC
All education must be state sponsored.
Shut up silly communist.

Any state that has ever completely taken over education/wrote textbooks etc. has been thoroughly fucked up. Fact.

Get back to the topic you tw@.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
I hope all of you know when it's time to get out into the real world...that school ranking doesn't count for anything, it's only the prestige of the school that will matter in the workforce.

School ranking only count towards your ATAR, which then allows you to get into your preferred uni course. BUT it is no indicator of how well you will do in the future. So all you people comparing schools based on "oh look public schools dominate the top 20 HSC ranked schools blah blah" congratulations you don't understand the importance of what an education is.

Both private and public schools have their benefits and their downfalls. So it's a matter of opinion.
rofl you're here

Hey watch yourself, prestige counts for little if you pro ace your uni degree or have other activities on your resume.

Although it may somewhat contribute at this stage (y12)

MathsPly

HSC
haha yeah it popped up on the radar so i decided to weigh in.

but trust me. prestige counts for a lot. (this btw is only referring to the business world) most firms hire domestically so have a very good idea what to expect from certain schools. so if you want to a very prestigious private school or a similar public school theyll form a very good impression of you. and first impressions count because once you start behind the 8ball youll never get in front. but yes if you do nail your uni degree with honours 1st class then all of the above will not matter. and then load your resume with awesome stuff then you're set for life. but for the others with average uni degrees well youll find out how much your uni and high school names will matter

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
haha yeah it popped up on the radar so i decided to weigh in.

but trust me. prestige counts for a lot. (this btw is only referring to the business world) most firms hire domestically so have a very good idea what to expect from certain schools. so if you want to a very prestigious private school or a similar public school theyll form a very good impression of you. and first impressions count because once you start behind the 8ball youll never get in front. but yes if you do nail your uni degree with honours 1st class then all of the above will not matter. and then load your resume with awesome stuff then you're set for life. but for the others with average uni degrees well youll find out how much your uni and high school names will matter
confirmed after dean of law unsw gave me his card 10 seconds after I said I was set on doing business via com/law and told him my school name (he asked) 'call me if you have any questions, you might think of something later' rofl + suddenly seemed interested in my future career path

m-swan

HSC
Uni Grad
Public schools build character :)

plus they always rank 1st in hsc... thank god for james ruse haha

cheese_cheese

HSC
Shut up silly communist.

Any state that has ever completely taken over education/wrote textbooks etc. has been thoroughly fucked up. Fact.

Get back to the topic you tw@.
I understand that you are mentally challenged athough please do not resort to name calling.

State sponsored education is a must and is not far away from being implemented here.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
What character do they build that private schools don't?
Most of my public school friends smoke and do drugs, more than the private school kids I know.

I understand that you are mentally challenged athough please do not resort to name calling.
State sponsored education is a must and is never being implemented here.
ftfy
Private schools have been around since Australian schooling began and they will be here for many years to come.

ReneeApple

HSC
the teachers are shut to one lesson in bio my teachers like sorry your principal wouldn't give me' the day off and I'm sick and don't feel like teaching and seriously I was like were in yr 12 and have our hsc and you "don't feel like teaching" us hahaha
I was like, heh, that's funny, my bio teacher did the same thing.

Then I realised that's because my bio teacher is also your bio teacher.

Hi Jess!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you can't generalize what public/private schools are like, there's such a wide divide in my area of the two.

However, I'm definitely public education. I believe in the principle of education not being monetarily infringed, that the government should not subsidize private schools and invest that money in the public system. But I'm not going to bash private schools just because I believe in public education.

For example, my public school has a strict uniform code compared to most. (discussed a few pages back)

But ultimately, education is what you make of it, regardless the type of school that is.

HSC
Uni Grad
I think you can't generalize what public/private schools are like, there's such a wide divide in my area of the two.
This. Sure you can talk about experiences you've had and what you've heard and shit though, but the reality is that it's specific schools that are good/bad for various reasons rather than whether they're public or private.

However, I'm definitely public education. I believe in the principle of education not being monetarily infringed,
laaame

that the government should not subsidize private schools and invest that money in the public system.
I agree the funding is grossly disproportional, imo they should recieve less funding than the average public school but not none at all (unless we were living in libertopia and then neither would).

But ultimately, education is what you make of it, regardless the type of school that is.
yee

alice1961

HSC
confirmed after dean of law unsw gave me his card 10 seconds after I said I was set on doing business via com/law and told him my school name (he asked) 'call me if you have any questions, you might think of something later' rofl + suddenly seemed interested in my future career path
if it is OK with you, what school is this?

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
been in a private school my entire life Kindergarten to year 12 - I think I turned out pretty well. I obviously didn't study in a public school to comment on the education system, but I believe the main reason people choose private over public is religious affiliations. another reason is the wider extra curricular activities available and a private school to a certain extent could provide a more well rounded education that a public school does. and like aphorae mentioned, the name of your school can have an impact with job prospects and how well you are received in society to a certain extent. despite it being 2 years after I completed my HSC, whenever people ask me "what school did you go to" and when I respond, I honestly feel they treat be differently and perhaps pay more attention to me. I don't know the reason for this, but i reckon it gives you a boost with the name the school has. that said, i am not undermining the public schools - some of them are FANTASTIC AS WELL

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I did not read one post in this thread because I fear I might contract autism

But basically my stance on this topic is not that public or private necessarily make you a better person or whatever, it's more the location of said school. Coming from Western Sydney, there are just as much terrible, awful people at private/christian schools from here as there are at public ones.

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
lolsmith half your posts mention autism

you killed it bro get something new

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
I did not read one post in this thread because I fear I might contract autism

But basically my stance on this topic is not that public or private necessarily make you a better person or whatever, it's more the location of said school. Coming from Western Sydney, there are just as much terrible, awful people at private/christian schools from here as there are at public ones.

LonelyWolf

HSC
Okay sooo I went to a public primary school and now I go to a private high school and fuck private no offense all they want it the money our fregin school has air con in every room and when you ask the principal to put some in the hall she's like it's too expensive helllooooooo were paying you like 4 grand each yeah sooo what are using it on ffs !
Hahaha and all they fregin care about is our uniform -.- like instead of giving us a good education you care about our uniform wtf, the teachers are shut to one lesson in bio my teachers like sorry your principal wouldn't give me' the day off and I'm sick and don't feel like teaching and seriously I was like were in yr 12 and have our hsc and you "don't feel like teaching" us hahaha
I hate private schools, public is better at least you get treated with some reprseny and teachers actually care about your education:)
please do not become a teacher, you are a waste of life

private schools care more about their image than your education.
not true.

haha public schools build character? hahahahahahahahahaha

--

also there is a very good reason as to why private are strict on uniform

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)