• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Private vs. Public Schools! (1 Viewer)

Kent12

HSC
N/A
Private schools are tops. Private selective ones are even better....in fact they are the best. I am referring to one particularly well known Sydney example. I had the opportunity to attend Ruse, but chose not to because I am not a peasant

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Private schools are tops. Private selective ones are even better....in fact they are the best. I am referring to one particularly well known Sydney example. I had the opportunity to attend Ruse, but chose not to because I am not a peasant
How do you gauge "best" if not by receiving the consistently best results across the state

Kent12

HSC
N/A
Thats exactly how Im judging my school.....anyway, it provides a well rounded learning center with a balance of sport and music etc. That kind of stuff

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
selective public, because everyone is there because they want to be, not becuase there parents are rich.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Private schools are ~usually~ better. But if you think you're getting your money's worth your kidding yourself.

In the end it all depends on the individual and their own willingness to learn. (Also perceptions of public schools nowadays are based on pure ignorance/arrogance)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
I was thinking, instead of paying $5000/term for 13 years, wouldn't your kid benefit more if you put the same amount of money into an investment portfolio and gave it to him when he finishes year 12? I mean private schools aren't actually any different from public schools, same curriculum same standard of teaching etc, just cosmetic differences like buildings and uniforms

Like, if you care that much about sport and music and whatnot it's pretty easily (and cheaply) done outside school, lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)