Procrastination busters (1 Viewer)

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
hey thats what i've been doing in all my exams in high school. it really sux when after that people think you're a super nerd just because you did well after a major cramming session!
hahah, but you shouldn't be complaining ;)

although being called a n3rd continuously is very annoying

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
it still kinda sucked at presso night. cause first in the class got a merit, second, an achievement. but i was always stuck in one of the advanced classes and hardly resulted in many awards, never got merits... :(

i guess doing good in the junior school doesn't pay off...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Coming on here and reading things like "yeah, sure, mate, as if you'll get 95+" helps because I have this intense desire to prove them wrong. Yes, generally SMALL amounts of negative reinforcement help. Though the psychological impact is not known to me, one would hope that since I am aware it, the impact would be negligible.

Also, thinking about that nice position of 1st place, getting it, or in most cases, keeping it, helps, too.

zhongie

HSC
Everything in moderation. Including procrastination. Clear all distracting books/music/videos from your room. And cramming is your friend! I love cramming!

monique66

i can't delete MSN i tried but..well..you get the picture...what would i do without it? Plus i think coming on this site just helps me procrastinate more, not that i dun love it or anything but still...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Slide Rule said:
Coming on here and reading things like "yeah, sure, mate, as if you'll get 95+" helps because I have this intense desire to prove them wrong. Yes, generally SMALL amounts of negative reinforcement help. Though the psychological impact is not known to me, one would hope that since I am aware it, the impact would be negligible.

Also, thinking about that nice position of 1st place, getting it, or in most cases, keeping it, helps, too.
i use to do that. but it drains a lot out of you when there is no more drive for anger to prove them wrong. however, that first place position has never really applied to me. i'm that runner-up guy always waiting for someone to set the pace.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
zhongie said:
Everything in moderation. Including procrastination. Clear all distracting books/music/videos from your room. And cramming is your friend! I love cramming!
i wish i could cram up a 99.95!! :D

self motivation now in progress :D

monique66

haha...cramming is middle name...but i think you actually gotta work hard to get 99.95+

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ Zhonige claims cramming, but got 99.95.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
how do you stop yourself from procrastinating?

for me, reading motivational books seem to help a bit. uninstalling msn messenger would be a good solution too, but i wouldn't stay sane for too long after that :p
This thread is made for me

<---

mack

Banned
HSC
My best strategy was consistency and cramming together. Almost got me 99.90.

Also, find an uppity nerd who always comes first in something, and talks themself up about how smart they are. Then make it your goal to beat them. There is no better feeling when you own them in an exam and rub their face in it afterwards. Great motivation.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
mack said:
My best strategy was consistency and cramming together. Almost got me 99.90.

Also, find an uppity nerd who always comes first in something, and talks themself up about how smart they are. Then make it your goal to beat them. There is no better feeling when you own them in an exam and rub their face in it afterwards. Great motivation.
but it'd really suck if they beat you in the next exam. or in reciprication, people would use you as the target.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
when i did the hsc... sooo long ago lol
i deleted freecell off my computer so i wouldnt play it so much
never deleted msn though

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Procrastination seems ok, until u do your assignment the day before its due and u feel so tired that you can't even do it properly. What I would do is set a target on how much you plan to finish on each day and allow time for things to go wrong

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i tried to study for chemistry today. it didn't work out well. i had no motivation, even when i imagined myself scoring highly. i find that i need to be under constant pressure to study effectively. i have to be studying for a test everyday, in that case.

forcing self-motivation is like extreme constipation.

Ravnok

Ah ...

Procrastination was one of my favourite pass times. I never new really how much there was to do out there until a test or assignment was nearing. God bless you procastination ... you gave me so much!

mack

Banned
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
but it'd really suck if they beat you in the next exam. or in reciprication, people would use you as the target.

Thats good motivation. You want to hold onto your top spot so you can be a pompous prick for as long as possible!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
mack said:
Thats good motivation. You want to hold onto your top spot so you can be a pompous prick for as long as possible!
It's worked so far. Haha. NOBODY is gonna steal my thunder.

Danoz The Great

HSC
I find that MSN is a great thing to use if you're procrastinating an assessment and you're stuck - our school seems to feast of procrastinators (even the top students) and everybody helps everyone on there. Even people I never really talk to at school will help me out which is sweet :)

MSN's really helpful. But I only seem to go on there when I need it lol! :p

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
If there's one way to avoid procrastination, that would be to not go on your computer! Seriously, no matter when you're on the computer or what you're doing, you'll always find a way to distract yourself.

Pisses me off quite frankly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)