PROGRESS IS SAUDI ARABIA: First female TV presenter dressed as a ninja (1 Viewer)

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
The difference between the two would be that the uncovered woman would be treated like an object, the muslim woman would be treated like a person. That is the difference.
Yeah in backwards land. I treat both like a human being, even though the whole body covering is dehumanising.

It's a cultural trend, not a religious one, so I don't know why women keep it up.

anonymous.92

HSC
Yeah in backwards land. I treat both like a human being, even though the whole body covering is dehumanising.

It's a cultural trend, not a religious one, so I don't know why women keep it up.
Dehumanising even when it's the woman's choice to cover herself up? If a woman has the right to reveal as much of her body as she likes, which many people are in support of, shouldn't she also have the right to cover herself up, if she chooses? I fail to understand how a woman is dehumanised by covering herself up, if that is what she wants to do.

anonymous.92

HSC
That was written to the people of Corinth.
But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ and the head of the woman is the man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man praying or prophesying with his head covered, disgraces his head. But every woman praying or prophesying with her head uncovered disgraces her head, for it is the same as if she were shaven. For if a woman is not covered, let her be shaven. But if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. A man indeed ought not to cover his head, because he is the image and glory of God. But woman is the glory of man. For man was not created for woman, but woman for man. This is why the woman ought to have a sign of authority over her head, because of the angels. (Corinthians 3:10)

Make note of the word every.

anonymous.92

HSC
I'm drawing implications from your posts, not putting words in your mouth.

We're still very unclear. So if a male, I dunno let's say Tony Abbott, wears speedoes to the beach then he must be less respectful than a man who wears board shorts? What's the difference between a male and a female. Aren't we all equal? Doesn't Islam promote or purport to promote equality between the sexes? Or are men a bit more equal?

Is that right?
Islam promotes the equality of sexes in terms of punishment, reward, treatment etc. But males and females have different roles to play, as they are both different from one another. That does not mean a man is superior to a woman.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Islam promotes the equality of sexes in terms of punishment, reward, treatment etc. But males and females have different roles to play, as they are both different from one another. That does not mean a man is superior to a woman.
Role of women = housewife
Role of man = breadwinner

Did I get that right?

anonymous.92

HSC
The thing here is that women can choose to cover themselves, yet they can't choose to uncover themselves. Seems paradoxical eh?

If women do indeed have a choice in their attire, then why do so many Islamic countries regulate what women wear?
In Islam, a woman should cover herself up, but no one should force it upon her. In Islamic countries, the clothing that women wear is regulated because of the effects that other individuals have on the actions of oneself. By seeing women dressing revealingly, a woman may be more tempted to dress in the same fashion. It should be noted that many muslim countries to not take this approach, and simply allow the woman to make the decision herself.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
It takes away all of their distinguishing features that is pretty much the definition of dehumanising.

anonymous.92

HSC
Ah yes, I've seen before.

Note how this compels women to veil themselves in the house of God, in church. Unlike Islam, women don't have to veil everywhere they go. In any case, Christianity is much more flexible and transferable so it allows women to deviate from this requirement. In Saudi Arabia you'll be punished for deviating from the Quran.
Much more flexible? You're joking, right? Did you read the bit about the woman shaving her head, whilst praying uncovered?

anonymous.92

HSC
Oh I see. Males are inferior to women so we can be picked at and abused at a whim. Now why on earth would Allah create two unequal sexes for? Why would he create an inferior male and superior female who requires protecting in a safe?
Like I said before, males and females are completely different. They are equal, but different in the sense that, in some cases, like this one for example, there are different regulations placed on the two, in order to maintain a balance. That's why women cover to a larger extent than males in Islam.

Imagine a scale. Place a large amount of material on one end, and a small amount of metal on the other. The weightings are equal, but the substance is different.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Can you dickheads who are harping on about women and self respect, demanding that wearing a burqa or whatever means more respect please fuck off back to whichever sand kingdom you came from.

THIS IS AT THE CENTRE OF THIS ISSUE: You people come over here and then go against OUR CORE VALUES. You don't bloody well move to a country and then demand they change their ways for you. I can imagine it now: Nebuchanezzar moves to China and demands that they stop serving noodles!

Seriously I know a tonne of white deros from Camden that'd knock your block off right now.

anonymous.92

HSC
It takes away all of their distinguishing features that is pretty much the definition of dehumanising.
So a woman, even when she wants to cover up, should reveal her body, so as not to cover her "distinguishing features?" That sounds like forcing her to uncover, which sounds way more dehumanising.

anonymous.92

HSC
Can you dickheads who are harping on about women and self respect, demanding that wearing a burqa or whatever means more respect please fuck off back to whichever sand kingdom you came from.

THIS IS AT THE CENTRE OF THIS ISSUE: You people come over here and then go against OUR CORE VALUES. You don't bloody well move to a country and then demand they change their ways for you. I can imagine it now: Nebuchanezzar moves to China and demands that they stop serving noodles!

Seriously I know a tonne of white deros from Camden that'd knock your block off right now.
You didn't even read the thread. If you did, you would have realised that we aren't saying that Australia should change it's laws to suit Muslim women. We are merely attempting to explain why a woman would cover. How is that against Australia's core values? No one, and I repeat, no one said anything about Australia changing it's way of life. Go read the entire thread again.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Like I said before, males and females are completely different. They are equal, but different in the sense that, in some cases, like this one for example, there are different regulations placed on the two, in order to maintain a balance. That's why women cover to a larger extent than males in Islam.

Imagine a scale. Place a large amount of material on one end, and a small amount of metal on the other. The weightings are equal, but the substance is different.
hahahaha nice try

women are second class in Muslim countries, don't try and suggest otherwise

all you did then was a weak attempt at explaining why women are forced to cover up, because islamic men are primitive dogs who can't control themselves when they see a bit of skin or the outline of breasts

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Contrary to this thread it is quite obvious who is treated as sexual objects in today's society.

Just ask a guy:

Who would you perve on: A covered muslim women or a non muslim women wearing shorts and a tank top??
Here's a more exciting question. Who would a group of white bogans rather beat half to death? A supporter of your backwards ideology, or otherwise? Answer:

Anyway, you Mahometan idiots act as if being treated that way is a bad thing. We, meaning Australians, clearly value different things. You people enjoy sitting beneath blankets, sweating half to death so your husband can rest safely in the knowledge that noone can perve on his pet wife whereas Australians don't mind being treated as sexual objects. Here are some inflammatory images:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
You didn't even read the thread. If you did, you would have realised that we aren't saying that Australia should change it's laws to suit Muslim women. We are merely attempting to explain why a woman would cover. How is that against Australia's core values? No one, and I repeat, no one said anything about Australia changing it's way of life. Go read the entire thread again.
Excuse me sweetie, but I was born in Australia and have lived in Camden my entire life.

anonymous.92

HSC
hahahaha nice try

women are second class in Muslim countries, don't try and suggest otherwise

all you did then was a weak attempt at explaining why women are forced to cover up, because islamic men are primitive dogs who can't control themselves when they see a bit of skin or the outline of breasts
Just because a lot of muslim countries sadly happen to be corrupt, it doesn't automatically mean that there is something in the doctrine of Islam that has caused it to be that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)